PDA

View Full Version : Adam should have become White Ranger

Adam White Tiger
12/22/14, 03:25 PM
Adam is my favorite MMPR Ranger. I think he should have been introduced as White Ranger. Tommy already had his chance as Sixth Ranger. He would have fit better as Red when Jason left anyway. Adam would have been a fresh and interesting character. Rocky could have been black with Aishia still Yellow. You could have had the drama with the old team not sure about Adam since they wanted Tommy back. Before the big cast change.

No Green Spandex
12/22/14, 03:34 PM
I think that would have negated the Tommy problem the early seasons had. Since he would have had to share the spotlight with Adam. It would have been interesting to see which one of them would end up as Zeo Red.

MattEmily
12/22/14, 03:34 PM
Adam isn't my favorite Mighty Morphin Ranger but he's one of them but I actually like how Tommy became the White Ranger.

Yes he already was a 6th Ranger before but I did like how the second 6th Ranger was someone we already knew and had a feel for.

Everyone Loves Rocky
12/22/14, 03:37 PM
No love for Rocky? Bad enough he is the only Red that had to take the total backseat to Tommy. Now you eant to take being Red away from him. I think Rocky should have been White. They did almost make him Green Ranger in season 1. If not at least keep him Red. He is the best Red imo. Very underated.

PRangerX
12/22/14, 03:42 PM
One problem with making Tommy Red. They didnt know about the cast change when Tommy became White. It happened because three of the Rangers went on strike it wasnt planned. Tommy was always gonna be White. Adam wasn't even created yet. Niether was Rocky. Rocky the Green Ranger was just an early character created that they replaced with Tommy. He isn't the same Rocky we got.

I like Adam too but he doesn't have to be a sixth to be true. I have nothing against Rocky but he was never really a strong character, not atrong enough to match Jason anyway. Rocky was better as Zeo Blue. But it didn't matter to much since Tommy was the leader.

MattEmily
12/22/14, 03:46 PM
I agree with you there in regards to Rocky he was a better match as Zeo Ranger III, Blue.
I personally never saw him as a Red Ranger at all.

No Green Spandex
12/22/14, 03:48 PM
Didn't Brad Hawkins almost get the nod to be White Ranger?

This Rocky Green thing sonds interesting. I want to know more.

PRangerX
12/22/14, 03:53 PM
Details are fuzzy about that. But what ever the case... Once Tommy became so popular they weren't gonna write him off again after just bringing him back. Tommy most likely was on his way to White either way.

Rocky was just an early concept for the Green Ranger. They ditched the character for Tommy. All we know is that he would habe rode a motorcycle. Sounds like he would have been an outsider character of some sort.

Sailor Chaos
12/22/14, 03:54 PM
I don't see how Tommy doesn't become White, it just makes too much sense.

Turbo Guy
12/22/14, 03:56 PM
Maybe they could have adapted the Kibaranger storyline and had a kid Ranger. Then people wouldn't have been so down on Justin.

MattEmily
12/22/14, 04:00 PM
I'm sure people still would have hated Justin.

Captain Codfish
12/22/14, 04:01 PM
No offense but that would have sucked! Having a kid Ranger in Turbo was already a disaster. Having one so soon in MMPR would have been lamer. Especially if he replaced Tommy. The fans clearly wanted Tommy back. Why should Saban Entertainment have messed with that?

Sentai Is Forever
12/22/14, 04:03 PM
In fairness to Turbo it did work in Sentai. They made Kibaranger work fine. Not something I want done very often though.

Sentai Master
12/22/14, 04:04 PM
I love Sentai too dude. But I think thats an example of it being Good PR did its own thing.

VR Master
12/22/14, 04:06 PM
Wow this is a crazy thread! Kibaranger adapted into PR as a Kid? Now that is wack. No offense just funny. Each their own I guess. Just can't picture White as anyone but Tommy. Not even Adam.

Zord Commander
12/23/14, 01:49 PM
Yeah guys, Tommy needed to be White. He was the franchise like has already been said. He couldn't go back to being Green and there was already a Red Ranger. For all they knew St John was sticking around for long hall.

Sensei Ranger
12/23/14, 01:50 PM
I would habe liked to have seen Richie as White. That seemed to be where they were going. They must have changed course when they decided to make Tommy White.

Sailor Kitty
12/23/14, 01:57 PM
What ever happened to Richie? He disapeared so fast after Tommy joined the team.

Adam White Tiger
12/23/14, 02:02 PM
Maybe they didn't have room for him anymore with Rocy, Adam and Aishia?

Captain Codfish
12/24/14, 11:12 PM
Richie was more of a side character. Maybe he could have replaced Jason but he was not sixth ranger material. No way the fans would have taken him over Tommy. Richie didn't really have a role on the show once Tommy became White and the cast changed.