PDA

View Full Version : Did the 4 MMPR replacements ever use their weapons?

Internut
01/07/15, 10:24 PM
Can anyone remember/point to an episode where Rocky, Aisha, Adam (excluding once a ranger) or Cat used their signature weapons or even the blade blasters?

I know the weapons were deemed too violent/expensive to film plus the props could easily have broken. The only instance I can recall of the blasters being used during season 3 was to open a zord hatch.

MattEmily
01/07/15, 10:33 PM
I recall at least Adam using his Power Axe in Rangers Back In Time against those previous monsters so Aisha and Rocky should've possibly used theirs as well but in the case of Kat I don't recall her using her Power Bow.

Everyone Loves Rocky
01/08/15, 11:48 AM
I would have liked to have seen Rocky use the Power Sword more.

Astronema
01/08/15, 11:50 AM
Maybe the phased out the weapons to appease concerned parents? I remember that type of thing was big back then.

Adam White Tiger
01/08/15, 12:05 PM
I used to love it when Adam used the Axe. Didn't they phase out the weapons because of the power cannon? They did the same thing with the zords.

MattEmily
01/08/15, 02:09 PM
I used to love it when Adam used the Axe. Didn't they phase out the weapons because of the power cannon? They did the same thing with the zords.

it's actually a combination of things.

1. Power Cannon
2. concerns over them using weapons for fighting because of soccer Moms.
3. this thing is just a possibility but it could be a case that the Ninja Coins just didn't feature the templates for the Power Weapons.

PRangerX
01/08/15, 05:08 PM
I remember thinking that was the case at the time, in regards to the Ninja Coins.

MattEmily
01/08/15, 06:28 PM
I remember thinking that was the case at the time, in regards to the Ninja Coins.

it makes sense too since none of them used any weapons after they got their Ninja Coins. Sure Adam, Kimberly, Billy, Aisha and Rocky tried summoning them while in the old theater in The Wedding but it's possible they just didn't know that they couldn't access them regardless of being in the theater or not.

Tommy would have been able to use Saba however because he was part of White Ranger's suit template much like the Blade Blasters were part of the regular MMPR's suit templates.