PDA

View Full Version : Why Karone so early?

Superstatler
10/15/16, 08:16 AM
What was the point of having Astronema turn good only to get brainwashed? It seemed kind of odd since things just went back to the status quo until the finalie.

Green With Envy
10/15/16, 08:20 AM
Yeah, I did find it odd that Andros didn't mention her more after that .

Captain Codfish
10/15/16, 08:20 AM
He did a bit. But the Psycho Ranger arch kept the Rangers busy fighting for their lives. Plus he risked everything to get her back in the finale.

KimandTommy
10/15/16, 08:22 AM
Karone was evil through and through. She loved her brother but in the end she liked being Astronema better. In the end she had to be Karone since good one. She would have stabbed the Galaxy Rangers in the back if she didn't 't need them to survive. It was a disgrace she was allowed to be Ranger. Even more of a disgrace than Kat.

Super Cena
10/15/16, 08:24 AM
It was to set up Astronema for the face turn. They had to make it clear she was redeemable. By havig her turn good only to get reprogrammed...It set up the audience to feel sympathy for her and root for her to return to being Karone in the end.

Gosei Gold
10/15/16, 08:25 AM
C2D almost had me thinking she was going do die as Astronema.

Jen's Revenge
10/15/16, 08:27 AM
I do wish they did a better job of making it clear Astronema was not acting on her own free will during the Psycho Arch.

Smarty Pants Rose
10/15/16, 12:01 PM
I think it was just a way of keeping Astronema the main villain until the end, without having her actually betray Andros.

MattEmily
10/15/16, 03:06 PM
What was the point of having Astronema turn good only to get brainwashed? It seemed kind of odd since things just went back to the status quo until the finalie.

I think the point was that in the beginning of the season she was evil but not truly evil so she wouldn't have been evil enough to try to destroy Dark Specter like obviously someone like Darkonda obviously would have been so I think that had a lot to do with it.

Karone was evil through and through. She loved her brother but in the end she liked being Astronema better. In the end she had to be Karone since good one. She would have stabbed the Galaxy Rangers in the back if she didn't 't need them to survive. It was a disgrace she was allowed to be Ranger. Even more of a disgrace than Kat.

Again with that crap? Okay so to you everyone under a spell is evil except for Tommy? Sorry but it doesn't work like that. I don't care how much you're obsessed with him and I don't care how much you hate Kat and Karone but fact is neither of them were truly evil. Karone was raised to be evil because she was raised by Ecliptor and so she forgot her good ways but she was never truly evil and was never going to be truly evil. Kat was under one of Rita's spells which is why she was evil otherwise she's truly a good person same as Tommy if Kat is evil then Tommy is just as evil you can't say one is evil without saying the same for the other person.

PRangerX
10/15/16, 05:15 PM
Tommy and Kat were never evil. Astronema was actually evil before she discovered the truth about Andros. Once she made the decision to turn she was good. Even when she had the Cyber Implants. Which were clearly said to be controlling her emotions. This made her act more evil than ever aparently. But only because of the device. Not of her own free will. Once she was freed she remained truly good.

MattEmily
10/15/16, 05:38 PM
Tommy and Kat were never evil. Astronema was actually evil before she discovered the truth about Andros. Once she made the decision to turn she was good. Even when she had the Cyber Implants. Which were clearly said to be controlling her emotions. This made her act more evil than ever aparently. But only because of the device. Not of her own free will. Once she was freed she remained truly good.

exactly Tommy and Kat were only evil because of spells and in the case of Karone she was only evil because that's how she was raised on top of which she came back in Galaxy of her own free will and got the Pink Quasar Saber back of her own free will just to help the Galaxy Rangers. She didn't need their help to get the Quasar Saber she went to Onyx all on her own despite knowing it's a villain haven.

Terra Venture
10/15/16, 07:09 PM
Kendrix and/or the Pink Quasar Saber would have never gave her the powers if she wasn't worthy. The Zeo Shard wouldn't work for Kat. I don't know if the Ninja Powers woukd have either.

KimandTommy
10/15/16, 07:16 PM
Tommy was different because he was turned into a zombie basically. The spell made him only care about Rita. The Sword of Darkness made it impossible to break. Tommy truely loved Kimberly and the spell supressed this. Kat took advantage of Rita's gifts to steal Tommy and punish Kim.

MMPR Forever
10/16/16, 07:06 AM
Plus the Zeo Crystal Crystal said Tommy was good. It wouldn't do the same for Kat and Karone.

Zeo Power
10/16/16, 07:10 AM
Kat was an awesome Ranger! She was never evil. Just had the unfortunate luck of being put under a spell by Rita. Which made everyone root for her when she broke it. Kat was awesome in Zeo. She is my favorite Pink Ranger. I also think she made a much better match than Tommy. Kimberly was too much of a valley girl.

Captain Codfish
10/16/16, 07:13 AM
Plus the Zeo Crystal Crystal said Tommy was good. It wouldn't do the same for Kat and Karone.

Kat used the Zeo Crystal when she became a Ranger. The Quasar Saber only allowed good to use it as well.

Astronema
10/17/16, 11:38 AM
I think she was just someone who had a lot of potential. Spector wanted to use her abilities for himself.

MattEmily
10/17/16, 12:01 PM
Kat used the Zeo Crystal when she became a Ranger. The Quasar Saber only allowed good to use it as well.

exactly with the Zeo Crystal but we don't quite know how the Quasar Sabers work.

Time Force Traitor
10/17/16, 12:09 PM
The Quasar Sabers could only be pulled by those worthy. So its not a shock if someone had to be worthy to use it. Kendrix also wouldn't have helped her get the power.

KimandTommy
10/17/16, 12:20 PM
Kendrix was just too nice and naive.

Ranger Master
10/24/16, 03:30 PM
Its so sad how Karone got caught as a pawn between Zordon and Spector's . The only one that trueky cared about her was Amdros and she got ripped away from him.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
10/24/16, 03:31 PM
Agreed, the war between Zordon's Forces and the UAE needed to end when it did. Spector and Zordon wod have destoryed everyone in their way. I'm surprised non of the Rangers died.

Hailey Ziktor
10/24/16, 04:08 PM
I don't think they wanted Astronema to turn good until the end. And they backed themselves into a corner.

White Spandex Rules
10/24/16, 04:09 PM

The notion of Tommy and Kat being evil is downright silly. Had to join to discuss this.

Ginger Snap
10/24/16, 09:37 PM
I'm no expert. But I think the writers not wanting Astronema to join the Rangers right away makes sense as a reason.

Captain Mutiny
10/24/16, 09:53 PM
Astronema was the main villain. After linking Astronema with Andros and the Rangers, they had to come up with a way for her to still be the antagonist. It wasn't perfect but it got the job done. The whole thing was resolved in the end.

Tommy Angel
10/24/16, 10:44 PM
The show really lost me when they did Cyber Astronema. Either have her be good or not.

Hailey Ziktor
10/25/16, 09:53 PM
Karone overrated. She is far more interesting as Astronema. Especially Cyber Astronema.

PRangerX
10/30/16, 12:06 PM
It would have been cool to see Karone helped the Rangers. But then we wouldn't have got the good stuff with Astronema and Andros in the finale. And it made sense to have Astronema turn good earlier to avoid a last minute face turn. At least we got to see Karone as a Ranger in Galaxy. Too bad it was due to some bad circumstances but that all worked out for Valerie at least.

KimandTommy
10/31/16, 11:21 PM
She should have never turned good in the first place. It was a bad plot.

Massive Ego
10/31/16, 11:22 PM
No its called character development and making villains three dimensional

Astronema
10/31/16, 11:24 PM
Astronema believed evil was good in a sense. Ecliptor told her that her family was murdered by Power Rangers. So she obviously had a low opinion of them. So its not a stretch that she ended up on the good side once she learned the real truth.

KimandTommy
11/03/16, 11:43 PM
Astronema only joined the good side when evil was defeated and she had no other option.

Inner Senshi
11/03/16, 11:44 PM
No its called character development and making villains three dimensional

Character Development isn't important since PR is just a kids show.

KimandTommy
11/07/16, 09:19 PM
I am sure Ecliptor told her his plans before he actually added the Cyber Equipment. He convinced Astronema that it was her way back in. Ecliptor never would have went through with the operation without Astronema's consent.