PDA

View Full Version : Jason as a solo hero

Forever Jason
12/31/16, 08:09 AM
"Forever Red" makes me think Jason spent a lot of post Zeo years as the Red Ranger kn a bike. Basically going around as a one man team.

KimandTommy
12/31/16, 11:46 AM
I'd rather see a Tommy and Jason duo.

Vypra's Monster
12/31/16, 12:01 PM
It would have been a interesting spin off.. It would start with Jason getting his powers back, before "Forever Red"..

Decepticon
12/31/16, 08:53 PM
Its an interesting idea. The best we can hope for now is a fan fic series. Unless someone wants to produce an expensive Fan Film and actually gets Austin St. John. But than that could open up legal proceedings against whoever does this.

Green Spandex Supreme
12/31/16, 09:46 PM
It would definitely have been interesting. And made more probably with "Forever Red".

Destiny Defeated
01/01/17, 11:43 PM
This would have been a good idea for a spin off. It would have been darkee than PR. And would have taking place before "Forever Red"..

Itzy Bitzy Carter
01/01/17, 11:57 PM
So basically Kamen Rider Jason?

Omega Black
01/02/17, 12:15 PM
It did seem like Jason was active between Zeo and "Forever Red".

Decepticon
01/02/17, 12:56 PM
It would be interesting to see this. As it would show us just what Jason had been up to. Since his personality was so different in "Forever Red". It seems like quite a bit had happened to him since we last saw him. Which involved Wes, Eric, Tommy, and maybe even Carter.

Cassidy Casablancas
01/02/17, 04:15 PM
Jason acted like a jerk and out of character. I would not liked a series that went in this direction. I don't see the point of making Jason an Anti-hero.

Ransik Lives
01/02/17, 04:41 PM
I like that they did it. It shows the characters in the PRU grow. Even when they are off screen. It would be silly for Jason to just act the same way when it had been years since we last saw him. It makes him a more interesting.character. I actually wouldn't mind Jason going dark side. As long as they keep him the interesting character he was in "Forever Red".

MMPR Forever
01/02/17, 05:07 PM
I hated how they portrayed Jason and Tommy in " Forever Red". They felt like different characters. Especially in Jason's case. He would never have treated Cole like that in MMPR or even Zeo. Jason and Tommy would never have had a rift either. Zeo does a better job there too. Even if Zeo still pales in comparison to MMPR.

Eradicator
01/02/17, 08:22 PM
In a perfect world this would have been a good spin off. But I appreciate that "Forever Red" was written in a way that indicated the past teams have continued to be active on some way and are not just resting on their laurels. At least as of that episode. Of course Super Megaforce makes us think that again but I digress.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
01/02/17, 08:49 PM
Jason was turned off by Hexagon and started to doubt Zordon's past actions. Especially when the Gold Ranger powers left him dangerous. Years of being on his own and opposing Hexagon made Jason darker and obviously had a negative effect on his friendship with Tommy.

Jason likely had run ins with the Silver Guardians when he used extreme methods to accomplish his goals. Who were on board with Hexagon. This is also where he would have interacted with Carter. Jason agreed to put aside his differences with Tommy to help the other Reds defeat the machines. As it was more important and he owed Tommy that much.

Summer Is Rich
01/02/17, 09:06 PM
This was never in the cards though. Not unless Toei was willing to fit the bill for a Toku based around Geki or some sort of reboot with someone using the same costume.

I don't subscribe to the whole Hexagon in fighting. Nor do I think Jason and Tommy ever really became non friends. Much less true enemies.

Wesley Smallings
01/02/17, 09:42 PM
I like it better when the Power Rangers work better as a team. I also didn't like "Forever Red" Jason. It was a mistake to change him from his perfect characterization from the earlier seasons.

Crazy Ranger
01/09/17, 10:13 PM
Of course I would love to see it. But I doubt we ever will get a live action or even official version of this. Maybe Jason will appear in an episode again.

Jen's Revenge
01/09/17, 10:48 PM
I would love to see a darker more mature Jason. We got a good glimpse of him in "Forever Red". But there wasn't enough time to fully explore the older Jason.

Samurai Forever
01/10/17, 06:47 PM
I couldn't see a whole season based around Jason.

Time Force Rules
01/11/17, 07:11 PM
I would rather see a series about Wes and Eric. Maybe Jason could guest star.

Astronema
01/11/17, 07:27 PM
Side Stories like these would be great. If unlikely to happen.

Hailey Hartford
01/11/17, 08:00 PM
Jason was my favorite Red Ranger. Honestly I felt Tommy was the worst choice for a Ranger. He was all about him. I have read articles stating several of his past castmates disliked him as well.

Forever Jason
01/11/17, 08:40 PM
I always liked Jason better too. He is far more interesting and a better leader.

Todd Oliver
01/11/17, 08:43 PM
I separate Tommy from some of the stories of JDF rubbing people the wrong way. I just liked the fictional character. I can't judge the real man. Who is just playing a role.

Call Titanus
01/12/17, 12:17 PM
I didn't like "Forever Red" Jason. He felt like a different character.

I Love Lothor
01/12/17, 12:32 PM
I would rather it be about a more lighthearted Jason. Perhaps give him a comic relief sidekick?

No Green Spandex
01/12/17, 12:36 PM
I actually wouldn't mind Tommy in that role. Since the fact he was so great and powerful was pretty funny anyway. It would be fun to see him reduced to comic relief, having to work for Jason of all people.

Spike Hart
01/12/17, 12:38 PM
I think Bulk or Skull would make more sense.

A Gia To Remember
01/13/17, 11:55 AM
I don't get why Jason acted so mean either. He was always a nice guy

Revenge of the UAE
01/13/17, 10:39 PM
Jason had years for his character to develop off screen. I am glad he seemed different. It only made sense. "Forever Red" showed how much Tommy and Jason changed over the years. Yet they still came together for old time's shake.

WesJen
01/13/17, 10:43 PM
Why not? It would make perfect sense to go in that direction

Destiny Defeated
01/13/17, 10:43 PM
I would love to explore a more complex Jason and maybe a little bit of his dark side.

No Green Spandex
01/13/17, 10:48 PM
I don't blame him for having a harder edge for having to take a back seat to Tommy all those years.

Goldar's Revenge
01/13/17, 10:50 PM
Jason was badly damaged from the Gold Ranger Powers. That contributed to his change of attitude.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
01/13/17, 10:51 PM
Jason blamed Zordon and Tommy for this. Also he was mad about Hexagon anyway.

Troopers Supreme
01/14/17, 12:37 PM
Maybe Jason could have become a Kamen Rider.