PDA

View Full Version : Tommy in Saban MMPR Movie Universe

Bandai Guy
01/23/17, 03:56 PM
I know Tommy isn't in the new movie. But I wonder if he should be left out of the new franchise. Its going to be hard to come up with a new character that lives up to the old. They created Tommy by accident. He was never supposed to become as popular as he did. He wasn't even really a permanent cast member. With Rjta apparently having the green coin in the movie, it mught be better off to not adapt Tommy in future sequels. You can't recreate "Green With Evil" anyway.

A Gia To Remember
01/23/17, 04:05 PM
I really want to see Tommy in the new Movie Series.

Todd Oliver
01/23/17, 04:07 PM
Not only can you recreate "Green With Evil". You can make an even better movie version of it. They would be crazy not to debut a new Tommy if they get more movies.

Tommy Hater
01/23/17, 04:10 PM
Yes! Please don't inflict Tommy into the new universe. One Tommy was enough..We donr need another one taking over the new movies. And it would come off as forced anyway .

PRangerX
01/23/17, 04:17 PM
I would guess a theoretical sequel would include some version of Tommy. There is some validity to the idea it will be hard to recreate the Tommy Insanity we saw in MMPR. Or whatever you want to call it. It is interesting if Rita does have Green Ranger Coin in her staff like has been assumed.

Bratty Katty
01/23/17, 05:18 PM
Tommy would most likely be messed up by the Producers of this movie.. Not that this thing is getting a sequel.

Zordon's Heroes
01/23/17, 05:55 PM
How do we know that? We haven't even seen the first movie? The trailers.all look good to me anyway.

Kimberly Cares
01/23/17, 06:57 PM
They have to do a Tommy if there is a second movie. They should have introduced him in this one.

RJ Wolf Ranger
01/23/17, 11:18 PM
I don't think Tommy will be the same. And I don't think he will have to carry the whole franchise like JDF had to. They seem to be going with more of an assemble thing. And I doubt the new Tommy will be able to carry the franchise on his own. There is only one Jason David Frank after-all.

KimandTommy
01/23/17, 11:20 PM
They really should have just done something set in continuity with the original cast or their characters kids. Tommy should always be Jason David Frank. No new Tommy will capture people's imaginations.

fryguy81
01/24/17, 03:21 PM
With what they revealed about the upcoming movie's Rita I think we'll get a Tommy but that would be a sequel if that ever happens. You have to establish your five teenagers with attitude first.

Goldar's Revenge
01/24/17, 03:41 PM
This is one of the few decisions I agree with with this movie.You can't have Tommy just show up and upstage the team in the first movie. It makes the newbies look weak.

Todd Oliver
01/24/17, 03:43 PM
I don't think a cameo woukd have hurt. He doesn't have to become a Ranger this movie. Just tease him for later movies.

Usagi Reborn
01/24/17, 03:47 PM
Its better for them to just worry about this movje before focusing on too much om sequels. It leads to trouble sometimes. Especially when ou don't wind up with a sequel to pay it off and wind up with an inferior movie. Just look at Independence Day : Resurgence. Which was more concerned with getting to the cooler sequel than crafting a statifying movie, to relaunch an exisiting movie franchise in that case.

Ninja Storm Fan
01/24/17, 07:47 PM
Nobody really cares.about this film or about MMPR. Ninja Storm would have so much more buzz as a film..Even if it was a reboot.

Superstatler
01/24/17, 09:15 PM
If we get more films there will be some version of Tommy. Whether Rita is a former Green Ranger or not.

Smarty Pants Rose
01/25/17, 01:06 PM
Its definitely an interesting winkle if Rita is the former Green Ranger. Zordon is apparently the forner Red Ranger, so its not far fetched.

Captain Codfish
01/25/17, 01:08 PM
If there is a sequel there will be a Tommy. Its inevitabe, just like there will be a Zedd. But he apparently will at least be mentioned this film. Tommy doesn't need to be but has a definite llace in sequels.

MMPR Forever
01/29/17, 02:07 PM
There definitely needs to be a Tommy at some point. I just hope they don't change him too much. It will be wierd seeing someone else besides Jason David Frank play Tommy Oliver.

Hailey Ziktor
01/30/17, 03:46 PM
I would have had Tommy now to increase the chances of successm What if it does so bad there is no second movie? The movie Tommy's origin doesn't need to be the same as the shows.

Bandai Guy
01/30/17, 03:49 PM
I don't think a new Tommy is going to lead the movie franchise like the old one did. They are better off with a new character that is more original.

Rangerlord
01/30/17, 10:27 PM
I can't see a new Tommy being as important as the old.