View Full Version : Overdrive the new Lightspeed?

Lightspeed Omega
01/26/17, 12:19 PM
Do you guys think Overdrive was supposed to be the new Lightspeed?

Hailey Hartford
01/26/17, 01:57 PM
Not at all. Overdrive was a archaeological type of season.

fryguy81
01/26/17, 03:14 PM
In what way do you mean the New Lightspeed?

Lightspeed Omega
01/26/17, 06:58 PM
I thought it was an attempt to do a season like Lightspeed Rescue. In terms of tone and story.

Goldar's Revenge
01/26/17, 07:04 PM
The only comparison was that they were both vehicle based seasons. The tone and story were much differently. And Lightspeed was actually good as opposed to Overdrive. Which was was the worst of the Disney Era.

Turbo Guy
01/26/17, 07:06 PM
I like Overdrive because of the car theme. But its but its nothing like Lightspeed or Turbo.

Todd Oliver
01/27/17, 07:21 PM
Hailey is right, OO is an archeological Sentai and not a vichule one. Really Lightspeed wasn't either it was a Rescue Season. You could also say it was military. Which OO clearly wasn't. The only similarity is they both seem to have man made powers.

Destiny Defeated
01/27/17, 11:48 PM
I don't see an attempt to really follow Lightspeed at all.

KimandTommy
01/28/17, 08:06 AM
Niether series are my favorite. But I liked OO much better than the boring Lightspeed Rescue. The characters of Overdrive were at least fun. And did go on some cook adventures. Its too bad Rose was so concieted.

Disney Ranger
01/28/17, 08:08 AM
OO was an amazing Disney adventure. The characters and story line were great. But its not surprising since Disney does such great work with all its projects.

Saban Fan
01/28/17, 08:11 AM
OO suffered like the rest of the Disney seasons because it didn't have Haim Saban running the ship. Lightspeed did and was much better for it. I don't see Overdrive as an attempt to do another Lightspeed Rescue. I do think Saban would have went rhat root if he was in charge.

I Love Lothor
01/28/17, 08:12 AM
Disney did a great job with Ninja Storm. Not so much with Overdrive. I don't see it having anything tondo with Lightspeed Rescue. Not that liked LR either.

Turbo Guy
01/28/17, 12:55 PM
I just liked how all seasons were car or vichule based.

Green Nightwolf Koragg
01/28/17, 01:00 PM
I don't see it either. Both seasons are totally different.

Saban Fan, you do realize that Haim Saban has a lot of writers and producers running the show for him? He didn't have much creative involvement past season 1.

Kelly Power
01/28/17, 07:08 PM
I don't like either season to be honest. Lightspeed was too generic and boring. OO was just wasn't very good. Only the robot plot was good and that sent on forever.

Time Force Traitor
01/29/17, 06:39 AM
Both seasons are their own thing.

Lightspeed Rescue
01/29/17, 07:21 AM
Overdrive doesn't come close to Lightspeed. Its really nothing like it. It also happens to be one of the worst seasons. I wish they did try to make it another Lightspeed. But that clearly wasn't their intention.

Mystic Magic
01/29/17, 01:25 PM
Overdrive was better than Lightspeed. The archeology theme was pretty fun. The characters were also well done. Only Rose was really unlikable. Benta is unlikeable himself for what he did at Morphicon 1. It has nothing to do with Will the characters. The villains were even worse than Lightspeed though. I have to admit LR did have the better finale.

Space Hero
01/29/17, 01:45 PM
It really should have been the new Space. Since the villain factions could have been the new UAE. Sentinel Knight could have been Zordon's successor.

No Green Spandex
01/29/17, 01:56 PM
Again everything isn't Space. I agree they could have done a better job with Overdrive. Lightspeed Rescue wasn't even that good to begin with. But I still don't see what any of these has to do with being a Space Season or not.

Captain Codfish
01/29/17, 02:00 PM
I love Space and Galaxy. And wouldn't complain about another well produced one. But I agree everything doesn't need to be Space Based. PR didn't even start out like that anyway.

MMPR Supreme
01/29/17, 02:01 PM
To all you Space Fans, MMPR actually had a lot of Space Elements to it. So it is a Space Season at least part of the time.

MMPR Forever
01/29/17, 02:03 PM
MMPR had everything, thats why it is the best and no other season can measure up. They didn't overdue the space concepts like some later seasons did.