PDA

View Full Version : Should every season after Galaxy be an AU

Sentai Fate
01/30/17, 05:20 PM
You could say the team ups were au teams or non canon like Sentai Team ups.

Captain Codfish
01/30/17, 05:24 PM
This clearly isn't the case for any incarnation besides RPM or Dino Charge. You can count the first movie if you want. I have no reason to believe the post Galaxy team ups were au or non canon.

Power Rangers Forever
01/30/17, 05:24 PM
Just because Sentai has AU teams, it doesn't mean Power Rangers needs too.

MattEmily
01/30/17, 05:42 PM
You could say the team ups were au teams or non canon lome Sentai Team ups.

no since that wouldn't really work for some teams.

Wild Force = Forever Red.
Ninja Storm = mentioned Triforia.
Dino Thunder = Tommy.
SPD = this wouldn't work since SPD has technology that Ethan made - what technology that is we don't know
Mystic Force = don't know there.
Overdrive = they got a scale from Mystic Force's Fire Heart so it wouldn't work there not to mention.

This clearly isn't the case for any incarnation besides RPM or Dino Charge. You can count the first movie if you want. I have no reason to believe the post Galaxy team ups were au or non canon.

exactly.

Just because Sentai has AU teams, it doesn't mean Power Rangers needs too.

I completely agree. Just because Sentai did something doesn't mean Power Rangers have to do it too.

Sentai Fate
01/30/17, 06:27 PM
But that could have been AU versions of things in the other PRUs. The Ethan of SPD was another version of Ethan than from DinoThunder.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad
01/30/17, 06:40 PM
That sounds overly complicated to me. They wouldn't mention all the references to the past if they we're all alternate universes. They definitely not written to be as such.

MattEmily
01/30/17, 09:16 PM
That sounds overly complicated to me. They wouldn't mention all the references to the past if they we're all alternate universes. They definitely not written to be as such.

I completely agree. There's no reason for SPD to say the stuff they did to Tommy, Kira, Ethan and Conner if they were alternate versions of themselves plus making alternate versions of already existing characters will just do nothing but over-complicate things.

Rangerlord
01/30/17, 10:21 PM
This is why I hated RPM being an AU. It opened the door for stuff like this. It was a nad precedent to set.

Bratty Katty
01/30/17, 10:40 PM
I think the producers would be foolish to go this route. And shouldn't have done it with RPM or Dino Charge

Shadowhawk
01/30/17, 10:50 PM
I see it only happening once in awhile. When they do a season that can't happen in the regular PRU.

Diabolico Rising
01/30/17, 11:06 PM
I don't see this being very likely.

Summer Is Rich
02/02/17, 10:50 PM
RPM made sense. Having Dino Charge be an AU was a little much.

Sentai Is Forever
02/05/17, 12:28 PM
Yes just like Sentai. Its so much easier this way. American Sentai has already picked up anlot of Super Sentai's tendencies. So it makes sense to adapt this one.

Sentai Master
02/06/17, 05:38 PM
I always thought it was wierd Sentai did it personally. You had so many team ups thats its silly to say they are all non canon. The only series that need to be non canon are ones that contradict each other. Just like with PR.

Power Rangers Forever
02/06/17, 05:41 PM
I think its because Japans a smaller place and so many Sentais are supposed to take place in Tokyo.

Goldar's Revenge
02/06/17, 05:51 PM
Its Japanese Storyline continuity tends to be less important than the them e of the season or series. Thats why Sentai can get repetitive even within their individual series. Its why PR tends to repeat itself when it copies Sentai heavily. Like in Time Force where we got a million Jen and Wes trust episodes. Where they learned the same lesson all over over again.

PRangerX
02/06/17, 08:59 PM
It shouldn't be something that they do every year. It has to be done once in awhile when a season's concept or story majorly contradicts the main PRU.

Astro Hawk
02/06/17, 09:57 PM
I don't see why any of the seasons should be written as AUs.

Changeman Returns
02/07/17, 03:39 PM
Because its hard to keep everything striaght when you do so many different concepts. Its good enough for Super Sentai. So it should be for American Sentai.

Black Canary
02/07/17, 03:40 PM
I would have liked it better if LG was an AU future and the Space team were ten years older for our universes team.

Astro Power
02/07/17, 03:42 PM
I would be fine with everything after Space being AU. Since MMPR-Space was one hig storyline.

Rangerlord
02/08/17, 12:15 PM
It wouldn't be Power Rangers and I wouldn't watch anymore. It is hard enough to watch RPM and DC now that we know they are AUs. And there was no excuse with Dino Charge.