PDA

View Full Version : Article about Saban and how he built his fortune with the Power Rangers Brand.

PRangerX
03/20/17, 09:36 AM
http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-haim-saban-power-rangers-20170319-story.html

Diabolico Rising
03/20/17, 04:51 PM
Not really anything anyone who has closely followed the franchise doesn't know. While he gets too much credit mainstream. I think the fandom doesn't always give him the credit he deserves for getting Power Rangers produced. Its also smart of him to have let the TV people do their thing for most of his two runs as owner.

Disney Ranger
03/20/17, 04:53 PM
Saban should definitely get credit for getting MMPR on the air. But I think Disney really took Power Rangers to a great place once the MMPR run faded.

Green Nightwolf Koragg
03/21/17, 02:47 PM
He is definitely a smart businessman.

Saban Fan
03/21/17, 03:29 PM
It just shows how Saban has always been the driving force of Power Rangers. I don't know why people downplay his contributions to post MMPR Power Rangers.

Samurai Forever
03/22/17, 12:31 PM
It was amazing that he was able to buy the show back after all those years.

Massive Ego
03/22/17, 12:32 PM
Until Saban Brands continued the same crap Disney has been doing.

Darkseid
03/22/17, 12:39 PM
The show didn't become truly great until Tzachor and Lynn were running the show.

Sentai Is Forever
03/22/17, 07:14 PM
Its a shame marvels plan failed. Dubbed Super Sentai would have been awesome. We would have a much more pure sentai product and would have got it much sooner.

Sailor Saban
03/25/17, 12:13 PM
Saban must be so proud of the new movie! Saban does it again! Even if Dan Isrealite will probably get all the credit.

Superstatler
03/25/17, 12:16 PM
Dan Isrealite should since he was the creative driving force of the project as the director. Saban had nothing to do with the movie from a hands on perspective. Much like the show since season. 1. Not to take anything away from him. He gets credit for creating the concept and bankrolling the show. Not to mention it buying it back to save the brand. But he isn't really s writer or producer in the same sense as the crew he has producing the show/movies.