PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro should buy Power Rangers

Hasbro Ranger
04/02/17, 11:33 AM
I think Hasbro should buy Power Rangers so they can do Power Rangers movies in the Transformers Universe. It kills my idea of Shia LaBeouf playing Tommy from another thread, but I think it would be best. It could give the movie franchise a huge boost. And you could bring in Michael Bay to direct or produce.

Usagi Reborn
04/02/17, 12:54 PM
A Micheal Bay Power Rangers Movie? No thanks.

Movie Ranger
04/02/17, 12:55 PM
Rebooting now would not be a good idea and would only hurt new entries in the franchise.

Saban Fan
04/02/17, 12:55 PM
Losing Saban would be catastrophic for the Franchise. I don't think he will sell again anyway.

Bandai Guy
04/02/17, 12:56 PM
I don't think Bandai would be too happy with that.

Captain Codfish
04/02/17, 12:58 PM
There are also studio politics at work. Since Hasbro works with another studio. Not even sure a shared universe would be possible without permission from the various studios.

Massive Ego
04/02/17, 01:26 PM
The Transformers Movies are crap. We don't need Michael Bay to ruin what Saban Power Rangers started. I would rather watch the crappy Saban Seasons if it means we get to keep the films in Liongates hands. The Transformers films actually are worse than the recent PR seasons imo.

Time For Time Force
04/03/17, 08:19 PM
I don't think Saban Brands will sell. Bandai won't be happy if they sold to Hasbro.

Disney Ranger
04/03/17, 08:22 PM
If they are going to sell to anyone it would be back to Disney. Who no doubt can't wait to have the franchise back. As it was a big mistake for them to sell it in the first place.

MattEmily
04/04/17, 11:52 AM
I think Hasbro should buy Power Rangers so they can do Power Rangers movies in the Transformers Universe. It kills my idea of Shia LaBeouf playing Tommy from another thread, but I think it would be best. It could give the movie franchise a huge boost. And you could bring in Michael Bay to direct or produce.

I don't think Saban Brands will sell. Bandai won't be happy if they sold to Hasbro.

If they are going to sell to anyone it would be back to Disney. Who no doubt can't wait to have the franchise back. As it was a big mistake for them to sell it in the first place.

no one can buy Power Rangers if Saban isn't going to be selling it and I can't see them selling it ever again on top of which Bandai has a toy license with the franchise so even on the off chance Saban did decide to sell the franchise Hasbro wouldn't be able to buy it since Bandai is the one who makes the toys they're both big time rivals so it wouldn't be a good fit on top of which Disney would never want the show back they hated having Power Rangers to begin with and they were ready to end it as soon as they could. We would have no new seasons after RPM if Disney hadn't sold the series back to Saban

Disney Ranger
04/04/17, 12:12 PM
This time Disney can buy Saban Brands and keep in together like they have done with Marvel and Lucasfilm. Disney rarely makes mistakes..They won't lose out on making Power Rangers work a second time. And really the seasons were all tremendous under then. Except for RPM when they decided to end the show.

Hasbro Ranger
04/04/17, 12:13 PM
I just think Hasbro will take better care of the brand. And will be a better toy maker than Bandai anyway.

A Gia To Remember
04/04/17, 12:14 PM
Maybe Lionsgate and Paramount can find a way to do a Transformers and PR crossover movie?

Hasbro Ranger
04/04/17, 12:15 PM
That would work too but the politics could be tough. But its the next big thing.

Green With Envy
04/04/17, 07:18 PM
Lionsgate won't let their film property go to a rival so easily. They have to have a contract with Saban brands with the film rights locked up for a time. I don't see a mash up of TF and PR ever happening.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad
04/04/17, 07:20 PM
Probably not but the idea of two franchises being combined to be in the same universe is probably a good strategy for creating movie universes where an expanded universe doesn't really exist..

Ninja Storm Fan
04/04/17, 08:35 PM
I'd like to see Disney buy Ninja Storm itself so we can finally divorce it from the rest of the mediocre years that don't really matter much. Which would lead to the NInja Storm continuing. .I am sure Toei can do a new Huricananger Series every year in addition to Super Sentai. Which will keep the minority happy too.

Inner Senshi
04/04/17, 08:42 PM
I don't really care who owns the series since I just enjoy the show. As long as its not Miramax or something..

Zordon's Legacy
04/06/17, 10:01 PM
I don't think the brand is up for sale.

MattEmily
04/07/17, 09:22 AM
This time Disney can by Saban Brands and keep in together like they have done with Marvel and Lucasfilm. Disney rarely makes mistakes..They won't lose out on making Power Rangers work a second time. And really the seasons were all tremendous under then. Except for RPM when they decided to end the show.

Disney CANNOT buy anything if it is NOT for sale. They cannot buy Saban Brands since it is not for sale and Disney wants nothing to do with Power Rangers especially now that they have Marvel and Star Wars. It would still be canceled under them since they wouldn't be interested in making any additional new seasons no matter what.

Disney Ranger
04/07/17, 12:30 PM
I know but if its for sale it would be a good idea. I am sure Disney could pay Saban enough to change his mind.

Superstatler
04/07/17, 12:31 PM
I think its more likely that the movie franchise goes completely in house with Saban Films. Which seems to be growing.

Silverhawk
04/22/17, 09:32 PM
The politics with Bandai would make this impossible. Saban Brands is in this for the long hall anyway.

Hailey Ziktor
04/22/17, 09:33 PM
I don't see Hasbro being interested since they have their own brands.

Green Goblin
04/22/17, 10:00 PM
Why would Saban sell when there is a lot of value in the Power Rangers brand?

Inner Senshi
04/24/17, 09:04 PM
It would be interesting but Saban Brands is best to own PR I think.

Hexagon Ranger
04/24/17, 09:17 PM
We don't need new owners who would no doubt change things without fully understanding he show.

Decepticon
05/11/20, 05:00 PM
I guess Hasbro Ranger had a crystal ball. Even though we got no Transformers/Power Rangers film franchise. But its funny Hasbro really did buy Power Rangers.

Disney Princess
05/11/20, 05:07 PM
I was disappointed when Disney didn't buy it.

Starlight Supreme
05/11/20, 05:30 PM
It is pretty funny reading this old thread when we know Hasbro did buy the show.

Hasbro Ranger
05/11/20, 07:42 PM
I guess I was right for the most part lol

MattEmily
05/16/20, 12:09 PM
I was disappointed when Disney didn't buy it.

They were never going to buy it. Why would they buy something that they don’t understand and never wanted in the first place?

It is pretty funny reading this old thread when we know Hasbro did buy the show.

Yup that it is

I guess I was right for the most part lol

Well you were right about them buying the property

Captain Mutiny
05/16/20, 03:59 PM
I could see Disney buying PR under the Marvel Banner. That might have worked.