PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to Dragonzord ?

MMPR Forever
11/04/16, 11:58 AM
Does anyone find it funny that it was left just sitting there in the ocean? Why haven't they brought it back yet.

Superstatler
11/04/16, 12:00 PM
There was no Green Ranger to pilot the zord anymore. The Zord left undesturbed for 10,000 years. It is not a big shock that it has been inactive since MMPR.

Maligore
11/04/16, 12:01 PM
Too bad Saban was too cheap to make an original Thunderzord for Tommy. It could have been a transformed Dragonzord.

MattEmily
11/04/16, 01:20 PM
the Dragonzord needs the Green Power Coin in order to operate and because Tommy's powers were restored for Super Megaforce he could call on the Dragonzord again if he ever needed to but that wouldn't happen unless Toei had shot footage of it for one of their Sentai series.

Reply to Maligore - that's the whole point to Power Rangers - making the show on the cheap with using existing stock footage and costumes. Generally only the Ranger costumes have been re-made but back in the first season they did make their own Putty suits.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad
11/04/16, 06:50 PM
You could say the same thing about all the other Zords that weren't destroyed.

Everyone Loves Rocky
11/04/16, 06:53 PM
I thought the Green Ranger was going to get destroyed in "Return Of The Green Ranger".

Todd Oliver
11/04/16, 06:56 PM
I like how they treated it like Dragonzord was a real person.

Green Saba
11/04/16, 06:58 PM
How do we know it wasn't used off screen? Especially with Tommy being green in Super Megaforce.

Maligore
11/04/16, 07:01 PM
the Dragonzord needs the Green Power Coin in order to operate and because Tommy's powers were restored for Super Megaforce he could call on the Dragonzord again if he ever needed to but that wouldn't happen unless Toei had shot footage of it for one of their Sentai series.

Reply to Maligore - that's the whole point to Power Rangers - making the show on the cheap with using existing stock footage and costumes. Generally only the Ranger costumes have been re-made but back in the first season they did make their own Putty suits.

They could have spent additional money if they wanted to, to make it even better.

Massive Ego
11/04/16, 07:09 PM
And I could spend millions of dollars trying to get my lawn to look better. Doesn't mean I need to.

I don't care about the special effects if the writing is up to par. At least the writing wasn't total garbage like is now.

White Spandex Rules
11/04/16, 07:10 PM
Dragonzord couldn't compete with Zedd's monsters. Thats why the Tigerzord was needed. Even if Tommy didn't lose his powers.

MattEmily
11/05/16, 12:35 AM
They could have spent additional money if they wanted to, to make it even better.

yes they could have but they were already spending a ton of money as it was back in Seasons 2 and 3. Remember that a good portion of the ground fights were all original. They weren't going to waste money by making a new zord suit when they had perfectly good zord footage to use.

Dragonzord couldn't compete with Zedd's monsters. Thats why the Tigerzord was needed. Even if Tommy didn't lose his powers.

that's another good point. Look at Nimrod which was the first monster that the Tigerzord went up against and instantly was defeated.

PRangerX
11/05/16, 07:56 AM
Ironically, enough they did consider new original zords at one point. But that still would have been through Toei in more Zyu 2 type footage that would have been produced.

MattEmily
11/05/16, 09:39 AM
Ironically, enough they did consider new original zords at one point. But that still would have been through Toei in more Zyu 2 type footage that would have been produced.

yup since Saban wasn't in the business of even knowing how to make zord suits that was Toei's department.

A Gia To Remember
11/05/16, 11:47 AM
Its shame they didn't do the Zyu 3 footage, it would have been awesome.

KimandTommy
11/07/16, 09:14 PM
The Dragonzord is just sleeping. It will be used again someday. Probably by Tommy or one of his kids.

PRangerX
11/07/16, 09:24 PM
Its likely Dragonzord will be used in the PRU again. It will just most likely be off screen.

Jen's Revenge
11/17/16, 08:44 PM
I wonder if the Q-Rex could have been modeled after Dragonzord. Or if Dragonzord is still sleeping under the water in the year 3000. I suppose he could since he slept for 10,000 years before MMPR anyway.