PDA

View Full Version : Dex as Masked Ranger?

Titanium Black
12/06/16, 12:52 PM
Instead of doing a spinoff, perhaps they should have jusr added Dex as the Seventh Ranger in season 3. Dragon coukd have been a secondary villain to rival Zedd and Rita.

Sentai Is Forever
12/06/16, 12:54 PM
That would have been sacrilegious ... Combining Super Sentai and Kamen Rider into one season. Its bad enough Masked Rider crapped on Kamen Rider by itself. I would rather ignore that ill conceived team up anyway.

Captain Codfish
12/06/16, 12:57 PM
An interesting idea actually. Would have opened them up to more footage too. Too bad Dex would have no Zord. But you could at least give him Titanus.

Goldar's Revenge
12/06/16, 12:59 PM
Toei would never have allowed that to be done. It just wouldn't have been possible. They didn't even do a follow up to the first team up. Masked Rider was always going to be a completely separate thing, aside from the team up to help launch it.

Superstatler
12/06/16, 06:11 PM
I like that idea. Its an interesting what if scenario.

No Green Spandex
12/06/16, 06:19 PM
It would have been great to see Tommy get up staged and not be so special. Alas it wasn't meant to be.

Tommy Hater
12/06/16, 06:25 PM
Dex would have so much better as a Sixth Ranger. It would have been best to just write Tommy off.

KimandTommy
12/06/16, 06:34 PM
Only if he didn't upstage Tommy.... I would have been fine with it. Since I liked Masked Rider and wish it acted a lot longer.

Cassidy Casablancas
12/06/16, 09:39 PM
Why would they do that? Tommy was just fine as the Sixth Ranger. Adding Masked Rider would have need too much. Plus it was better for him to have his own show.

Todd Oliver
12/06/16, 11:05 PM
This would have been a great idea and would have worked out well. I wish they thought of it.

PRangerX
12/06/16, 11:08 PM
It was never going to happen. But would have been fun to see. Would have taking the innovative production of season 2 and 3 to a new level.

SPD Emergency
12/07/16, 12:14 PM
I didn't particularly care for Masked Rider. Dex was far too happy go lucky for someone that came from a dying planet.

VR Master
12/08/16, 12:58 PM
Dex had a somber side too. He was just good at hiding his emotions.

I don't really see the piont of mixing Dex into PR permanently.

MattEmily
12/10/16, 09:39 AM
It's an interesting idea but it wouldn't have happened since they wanted Masked Rider to be its own show and they were treating it like they did with the first season of Power Rangers - shoot as little original footage as possible.

WesJen
12/12/16, 12:07 AM
It doesn't seem realistic to me either. They would have had to shoot a lot of original footage for Masked Ranger. So I don't think it would have been cost effective.

Diabolico Rising
12/14/16, 08:13 AM
I think Masked Rider just needed a littke more of an edge. They should have done some episodes on Edenoi.

No Space Spandex
12/14/16, 08:15 AM
The show was fine for what it was. A fine quarky show about an alien adjusting to life on Earth while fjghting bad guys.