PDA

View Full Version : "That is NOT a Kamen Rider!"

PrimoPiccolo
11/02/06, 03:49 PM
Can someone explain to me where this gigantic argument comes from? Just because a Kamen Rider isn't based on an insect, the fanatics pop a blood vessel? I was reading stuff about Hibiki and a couple of earlier seasons of the series having aesthetics that didn't necessarily lend itself to a common Kamen Rider.

But I don't know exactly where it stems from. What should truly determine a "Masked" Rider other than a disguise and a motorcycle?

Verde Survive
11/02/06, 04:10 PM
Doesn't matter either way to me. Ryuki and Hibiki are Riders just as much as the traditional ones.

Ryoutarou
11/02/06, 08:55 PM
Well...I've written two large essasys on why Hibiki represents the true spirit of Kamen Rider. I can post those if you want. Ishinomori's original idea is that a Kamen Rider should be someone you can look up to, someone that's like a teacher. Hibiki is trashed a lot because people think it's too slow, but it really isn't. And some of the other stuff it's trashed on is just sad. Why? Because people like Kabuto so much better at say episode 20, yet at that point lots of people hated Hibiki because it was "too slow" but in reality, the stories were basically at the same point. To me, that really showed that most people can easily be swayed by nice looking shows.

Though lately I've met more people that say Hibiki is a good show, it sure as hell as the best cast of any season yet.

PrimoPiccolo
11/03/06, 06:16 AM
I'm so glad to hear this. As far as I'm concerned, the Hibiki Riders look great, especially Todoroki.

Ryoutarou
11/03/06, 12:54 PM
I'm gonna assume you're on something like dial up, right? Sounds like you haven't seen much of the newer stuff.

PrimoPiccolo
11/03/06, 05:43 PM
I'm gonna assume you're on something like dial up, right? Sounds like you haven't seen much of the newer stuff.
Man, I haven't seen ANY stuff. All my info and pictures besides Black RX comes from Wikipedia.

Ryoutarou
11/04/06, 02:31 AM
Can't you download or what?

PrimoPiccolo
11/05/06, 12:38 AM
56K modem. Downloading a single episode of that high quality stuff would take me a day, literally. 18 hours minimum.

Ryoutarou
11/06/06, 02:21 AM
That's actually pretty good, just leave it on to download when you go to sleep and while you're at school/work.

PrimoPiccolo
11/06/06, 03:29 PM
Not easy to do when I'm trying to download the entirety of Dragon Ball for my collection, as well as Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Ryuusei no Rockman, and keeping up with Pokemon Battle Frontier and Mystic Force (which thankfully is over, so I've got a small break).

Kamen Rider will just have to wait until I get cable internet.