PDA

View Full Version : Ryuki --> Dragon Knight

MR-Aftershock
11/06/06, 03:56 PM
What plotlines do you want to see? I gaurentee that Scott and Steve will both see this thread.

~MR-Aftershock

PrimoPiccolo
11/06/06, 07:57 PM
What do you mean? What we'd like translated and what we'd like be original?

MR-Aftershock
11/06/06, 08:01 PM
What do you mean? What we'd like translated and what we'd like be original?

Exactly. What do you want to see brought over, and what points of Ryuki would you say "Drop - it, that was lame." and what would you say "This is a cool idea, it wasn't in ryuki.... but lets do it!"

Kamen Rider
11/06/06, 08:06 PM
I'd like to see Dragon Knight to be more original than translation. Less Japanese footage is fine, just like about 1 minute. That's all.

MR-Aftershock
11/06/06, 08:10 PM
I don't know how realistic that is. but we can always hope, right?

PrimoPiccolo
11/06/06, 08:13 PM
Well, first thing I can think of is have Femme and Verde play a larger role. Movie-only be damned, they're part of the 13 circle. And Ryuuga should play a vital role. He's a dark version of Ryuki, it's a perfect storyline.

Poweranimals
11/06/06, 09:06 PM
I haven't seen Ryuki, but it never hurts to be original. I'd definitely like to see all 13 Riders have human forms even if they're just guests. I also would like to see at least one or two girls come from the revolving door of Riders. I'd also like to see at least one episode where all 13 Riders come together to save the world.

Kamen Rider Spade
11/06/06, 09:20 PM
I have only seen the first 6 eps, is there i can get the rest ?

Ryoutarou
11/06/06, 11:26 PM
I don't want them gender changing riders, so Femme having a bigger role would be cool. Maybe have Raia stick around longer too, his attacks and suit were pretty cool. What I would like is for them to deal with certain riders in two parters instead of one.

Kamen Rider
11/09/06, 12:16 AM
I don't know how realistic that is. but we can always hope, right?

Exactly. You got that right.

Aussie Rider
11/11/06, 04:14 AM
Muchos ass-kickery.

A brief warning for Mr Wang and co. You are about to start a show catering to one of the most critical fan bases in history. Toku fans. Many will bag you out trust for doing an adaptation of KR.Many will demand you do like the original, then complain if you do. All I can stay is stick with your guns.

That is all.

The 2nd Evil
11/11/06, 01:05 PM
Muchos ass-kickery.

A brief warning for Mr Wang and co. You are about to start a show catering to one of the most critical fan bases in history. Toku fans. Many will bag you out trust for doing an adaptation of KR.Many will demand you do like the original, then complain if you do. All I can stay is stick with your guns.

That is all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/T2E85/ms-word.jpg

PrimoPiccolo
11/11/06, 04:13 PM
I really don't see how anyone could find something wrong with it, as long as the story is enjoyable. I'm a Tokusatsu fan because I like people beating up things, it's not that deep.

Aussie Rider
11/14/06, 02:22 AM
You and I believe that, Primo. Now go count the amount of people that bitch at every given oppurtunity. It'd be easier to count those that don't.

PrimoPiccolo
11/14/06, 07:04 PM
I really don't think the Japanese purists will much be the problem. It'll be a hard enough battle simply getting American audiences to care about Tokusatsu again. The only real reason they did before was because Power Rangers was a huge success. With PR's popularity at a middle ground nowadays, Kamen Rider's primary audience will be made up of Japanese Kamen Rider fans and guys our age who were old enough to remember Masked Rider on Fox Kids.

Aussie Rider
11/15/06, 03:46 AM
So you think they won't be endlessly comparing the two?

PrimoPiccolo
11/15/06, 04:33 PM
Oh, they obviously will, I just don't think that's a big worry. People were endlessly comparing Super Sentai Magiranger and Power Rangers Mystic Force this year, but being that I've never seen Super Sentai, I just thought Mystic Force was bad.

So, Dragon Knight being good or bad really doesn't weigh too heavily on the pre-configured negative mindsets of Japanese Tokusatsu viewers.

Aussie Rider
11/16/06, 06:23 AM
Again, I know that. I was just giving Steve fair warning that he'll be catering to one hell of a tough crowd. ESPECIALLY if they've seen Ryuki. That may not mean you or me, Primo. Hell, may not be anyone on this site. But we know they're out there.

Ryoutarou
11/16/06, 01:44 PM
Ryuki is one of my least favorite riders, so anything they do to change it will automatically make it better in my eyes. I think people will complain, but that mainly comes from boards like Japan Hero where they don't count anything American as Tokusatsu.

PrimoPiccolo
11/16/06, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I didn't mean to tear down your thoughts, Aussie Rider, but I think Steve already knows what to expect from those who would whine about any attempt to change a Kamen Rider season. Honestly, you can't make a show for those kind of people, they already have it in Ryuki.

But for us who are here on this board, those who will come to the board in time, those who will create other boards, they're finally getting a second chance at Tokusatsu aimed directly toward the United States. I think that's what Steve meant by "there's a lot at stake", because if this doesn't go perfectly, we've seen Kamen Rider for the last time.

Steve won't let the complaints get him down, because bitchers aren't real fans anyway, their minds are already closed off at the notion. I've no doubt I'll enjoy Dragon Knight, the only question is how much.

Aussie Rider
11/17/06, 03:53 AM
Yeah, I know, Primo, and yeah, Steve probably is aware about the whiners and whingers. Still, only nice to warn the guy. After all, he IS trying to bring KR out of Japan again.

MR-Aftershock
11/21/06, 02:19 PM
Steve has informed me that he has read this thread, and that him and Mike have ALOT of ideas... let's just hope that they get to use those ideas :)

Dogbot
11/21/06, 09:50 PM
Just a question, are they doing the whole "only one survive" plot in DK?

Crystal Ranger
11/22/06, 12:03 PM
Keeping the fight scenes from Ryuki is fine, but the whole plot and series as a whole I would like to see originality and not have it just be a carbon copy of Kamen Rider Ryuki.

Ryoutarou
11/22/06, 12:36 PM
Just a question, are they doing the whole "only one survive" plot in DK?I think they'll change it to "only one will win" or something like that.

PrimoPiccolo
11/22/06, 04:54 PM
I wonder if they'll still keep Scissors crazy.

Aussie Rider
11/23/06, 05:37 AM
What's the Scissors footage like? It may be one of those things they don't have a choice in.

MR-Aftershock
11/23/06, 10:33 AM
I don't know much about his plans, so I can't comment on the survive question... sorry all :(

Take Care,

~MR-Aftershock