PDA

View Full Version : Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is finally picked up by 4Kids Entertainment

Poweranimals
06/10/08, 12:40 PM
Japan's Adness Entertainment licenses the US broadcast rights for Kamen Rider Dragon Knight to 4Kids Entertainment, which plans to air the series as part of TheCW4Kids Saturday morning block on The CW Network for the 2008-9 season. Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, a live-action series featuring CGI special effects, follows the adventures of a teen discovers a mysterious deck of cards that give him the power to transform into an ancient warrior called a Kamen Rider. Produced by Adness Entertainment, which is adapting for the US, the series is based on the original series Kamen Rider Kyuki, produced by the Toei Company.

:).

DarkRanger99
06/10/08, 07:59 PM
Will it be in HD?

Poweranimals
06/10/08, 10:30 PM
Hold on. Let me go find my crystal ball.

PowerOnyx
06/11/08, 02:48 AM
A deck of cards? Really? And everyone thought sunglasses as morphers were weird.

masked rider fearon
06/11/08, 04:53 AM
Finally,
can't wait for this series
after this series is shown how long will we have to wait for the dvds ?

DarkBlaze
06/11/08, 02:34 PM
A deck of cards? Really? And everyone thought sunglasses as morphers were weird.The cards aren't the device to change. The advent decks are used to power-up to their armor, and to call forth weapons. You know, like the Solar Cell Morpher, only it's a belt.

PRangerX
06/11/08, 09:03 PM
This is great news. It will be interesting if Dragon Knight can meet expectations for 4kids tv. And whether it can sell well as a toy property ( which is the most important thing with boys action shows). At the very least at least we know we will get to see the show. Which is already filmed.
It will be nice having another American Toku show on the airwaves.

Harlan Phoenix
06/11/08, 09:18 PM
A deck of cards? Really? And everyone thought sunglasses as morphers were weird.

Even though they shouldn't have, since Ultraseven (a tokusatsu predating Jungle Fury by decades) used sunglasses as a henshin device.

masked rider fearon
06/12/08, 02:15 AM
that being said it looks cooler in ultraseven
I don't understand why they used sunglasses as morphers in jungle fury

Poweranimals
06/12/08, 04:03 PM
Even though they shouldn't have, since Ultraseven (a tokusatsu predating Jungle Fury by decades) used sunglasses as a henshin device.

So?

that being said it looks cooler in ultraseven
I don't understand why they used sunglasses as morphers in jungle fury

Because they wanted to.

Sakura3
06/12/08, 04:03 PM
Awesome. In addition to Power Rangers 09 on ABC and past back episodes online now I'll be able to catch it with you guys since I've got CW 4 Kids.

I've never seen the Saban Masked Rider or Kamen yet so this I'm defintely checking out. And if it holds I'll be watching both franchises starting in 2010.

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to see this or not but I'll be able to so bring it 4 Kids TV. I'm loving this fall already.

Poweranimals
06/12/08, 04:07 PM
You haven't missed much. Faiz and Blade were good, but I'd just wait to see what Adness does with the series.

masked rider fearon
06/13/08, 01:36 AM
Yeah can't wait to see this series
if the second trailer is anything to go by,
then this is going to look really good.

Sakura3
06/13/08, 03:27 AM
I've watced Power Rangers dating back to Dino Thunder and now Wild Force and thoes have been solid.

I'm a little nervous to see how the US does with Dragon Knight.

DarkBlaze
06/13/08, 04:39 PM
Latest rumor on ToonZone is that KRDK will premiere September 13th. But Keith said all he's heard from Steve are promos in September.

red timeforce ranger
06/13/08, 04:52 PM
4kids got rights to krdk and 4kids made terrible us verison of ultraman tiga - 4kids will messed up krdk series

DarkBlaze
06/13/08, 05:57 PM
Dude, 4Kids! didn't create KRDK. They only have the right to air it.

BlueRider
06/13/08, 11:36 PM
Dude, 4Kids! didn't create KRDK. They only have the right to air it.

Don't bother.

masked rider fearon
06/14/08, 02:10 AM
Well it is good that we now know what station will broadcast this series,
4 kids can't change anything
or anything to much story line wise.

PRangerX
06/14/08, 06:52 PM
4kids got rights to krdk and 4kids made terrible us verison of ultraman tiga - 4kids will messed up krdk series

Dragon Knight has already been filmed. And has been done by tottally different people then Tiga. Tiga was a tough sell since it was a sub. Which Dragon Knight is far from. The only think 4kids can have influence on is how the episodes are edited.

Sakura3
06/20/08, 04:48 AM
4 kids on CW starts at 6:00 AM for me so it won't run over ABC Kids who start at 8:00.

I'm betting KRDK will start at 10:00 AM CST my time or something like that so for me it'll look likke this

10:00 AM KRDK
11:00 AM PRJF / PRRPM

kabutopower
07/03/08, 12:27 AM

no.

the deck gives the belt power to access their armor. and the cards give the riders different powers and weapons when drawn.

do open_a_dictionary...open_a_dictionary... reserch

Deeeeeeeee DEEEEEEEEEEEE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

DRANO
07/07/08, 09:16 PM
I been following powerrangers for years and Rider power I never heared of could some one tell me the story

PRangerX
07/07/08, 11:08 PM
I been following powerrangers for years and Rider power I never heared of could some one tell me the story

Rider Power is just the name of this forum. Its a combination of Power Rangers and Kamen Rider. Since we are for both shows.

Kamen Rider is a Japanense show much like Super Sentai. Super Sentai footage is used to produced Power Rangers. If you remember Masked Rider, that was a US show that adapted a season of Kamen Rider. But its been years since any US Kamen Rider adaption has been made. Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is a new US adaption of Kamen Rider Ryuki.

Kamen Rider is similar to Power Rangers. Only it invovles a armored wearing Rider. Who transforms from a human into his/her Rider form, much like the Rangers morph. Sometimes there is more then one Rider. Dragon Knight will have several Riders. But the main character is a Rider called Dragon Knight. Its going to air on Kids CW at some point during next season.

DarkBlaze
07/08/08, 12:28 AM
Saw this posted at HJU. Must be a new site under construction: http://www.kamenriderproductions.com/

PrimoPiccolo
07/11/08, 09:56 PM
Well, what do you know? I lose my beloved Legion of Superheroes, but gain Dragon Knight. Awesome. Along with Spidey, I guess CW 4Kids isn't in as much trouble as I thought it'd be.

Sakura3
08/08/08, 04:15 PM
I started watching the first episode yesterday and my thought is

What the heck was that?

First time I've ever seen any Rider show. I'll try and finish this up tomorrow morning.

This totally threw me off guard. I'm starting to like this thing. Once I catch the Ranger stuff I'll have to start possibly picking up on other Rider shows but I have 4 others I want to finish first. I'll save Rider for CW.

PRangerX
08/08/08, 06:34 PM

What the heck was that?

First time I've ever seen any Rider show. I'll try and finish this up tomorrow morning.

This totally threw me off guard. I'm starting to like this thing. Once I catch the Ranger stuff I'll have to start possibly picking up on other Rider shows but I have 4 others I want to finish first. I'll save Rider for CW.

Are you talking about the Dragon Knight piolet?

BlueRider
08/09/08, 02:16 PM

What the heck was that?

That was the pilot which is far from what the first real episode will be like.

Kamen Rider
08/09/08, 03:24 PM
I'm still waiting for the news. Getting tired of waiting too long.

Which one... This fall or early 2009? Seriously...

PRangerX
08/10/08, 10:39 PM

I assume early 09. We know CW kids picked it up though.

scikaiju
08/24/08, 04:22 PM
wasn't quite sure where to put this but....

the rider names are revealed (http://henshinjustice.com/2008/08/24/kamen-rider-dragon-knight-unmasked-rider-names-revealed/)

BlueRider
08/24/08, 07:08 PM

Well the word is KRDK most likely will premiere Mid-Season (October) of the Fall lineup.