PDA

View Full Version : What celebrities love Tokusatsu?

TokuNoob
02/05/10, 05:15 PM
We may be geeky, but at least we're not alone. Post here of any celebrities, or artists known outside of the fandom who also enjoy tokusatsu.

Stan Lee the creator of Spider-Man recently came across the Japanese adaptation, Supaida Man. He actually enjoyed himself, saying that he liked the style in which it was shot. The style was tokusatsu. Hence, Stan Lee loves Tokusatsu.

KamenRiderToriga
02/05/10, 05:27 PM
Gackt Camui J-Rocker. Badass. Riderman.

PrimoPiccolo
02/06/10, 04:42 PM
Stan Lee the creator of Spider-Man recently came across the Japanese adaptation, Supaida Man. He actually enjoyed himself, saying that he liked the style in which it was shot. The style was tokusatsu. Hence, Stan Lee loves Tokusatsu.
So, I take it you never heard Stan Lee was behind the first attempt at bringing Super Sentai to American television. The show people will now and forever remember as Power Rangers.

mbozzo
02/08/10, 10:15 PM
I have this feeling that Stan Lee became a fan of tokusatu after seeing the Toei version of his creation, Spider=Man. ;) :D :cool:

TokuNoob
02/08/10, 10:15 PM
So, I take it you never heard Stan Lee was behind the first attempt at bringing Super Sentai to American television. The show people will now and forever remember as Power Rangers.

No, I didn't know that. All the more reason this was an appropriate title for this thread. And while I'm here, I may as well be the first to say,

Will Smith. Who is, well... Will Smith. The Fresh Prince of Belair, and star of countless movies. He's actually a fan of Ultraman.

Ignis
02/13/10, 07:45 PM
Keanu Reeves probably likes it...