PDA

View Full Version : Your first impression of the Sailor Moon S premiere

Neo Moonlight Knight
10/30/06, 04:37 PM
Ah.. Back in 2000, the first time I saw Sailor moon S. I remenber being impressed at the Sailor scouts being pwned and Sailor Moon losing her powers. Even Tuxedo Mask failed at his mission.
Then I felt the mystery of the mysterious women who saved the lives of the scouts.

PrimoPiccolo
10/30/06, 04:41 PM
I think I remember that. Sailor Moon's Moon Sceptre Elimination was completely useless. Yeah, that was a good episode. Obviously I wasn't surprised though, since the first S episode I saw was when Eugeel (sp?) stole Uranus and Neptune's heart crystals.

Sugar Baby
12/11/06, 04:53 AM
My first impression of Sailor Moon S was...shock upon hearing the new voice actress for Serena, Ami and Mina. Personally, I didn't like the new voices at all. I love the original voices (Terri Hawkes over...the true original SM voice whose name escapes me at the moment). However I was really happy to hear Raye's original voice acctress return and I was excited about the new scouts Uranus and Neptune because I had pictures of them, but never knew anything about them. The villian with his Joker smile and Melvin glasses was creepy, as were his underlings from the Bureau of Bad Behavior. Overall it was a not so good impression and didn't improve much, until the movie when everyone's original voices returned. However, I do favor Stephanie Bread's voice for Rini over the original girl.

~Sugar Baby

P.S. Sorry I was so long-winded...:P

christphern
12/11/06, 07:21 AM
My first impression of the Sailor Moon S premier. I remember I hated the voices, but that wasn't anything new, as most of the US VA's are like listening to nails on a chalk board. I disliked the replacement ones more, but, I didn't like the originals. The dialogue writing was also mediocre. I do remember being intrigued by the villains and new senshi. Overall, the premier was hit or miss for me.

My first impression of the Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S premier, on the other hand, I loved the voices, as I like the Japanese voice actresses. The writing was substantially better than that of the dub. Though the villains and new senshi were less intriguing, since I knew them from the dub for the most part. Overall I enjoyed the sub, and thought it was an excellent premier. But, the dub sort of ruined the excitement of watching it for the first time, since I was already familiar with the basic plot.

Chris