PDA

View Full Version : overated incarnation

PRangerX
02/17/04, 05:54 PM
What do you think is the most over rated incaraton of power rangers, I think MMPR is. I like MMPR, I just don't think it is the god like series that everyone make it out to be. The incarnation was largely campy and a lot of the storylines seemed to jupm around. The acting was not good at times as were the similar storyines. This was particlulary true in season 1. I like mmpr but it is not as well done as the later seasons. Still I will watch it still to this day however . I just think it is overated at times. What our your pics.

Kamen Rider Decade
02/17/04, 06:16 PM
Crap Storm is way overrated.

PRangerX
02/17/04, 06:32 PM
I think NS is overrated in a some ways and is also underated in other ways. It isn; the best series ever but it isn;t the worst. I rather like it personally. But everyone has their own opinions.

The Neoranger
02/18/04, 05:52 AM
NS was WAYYY overrated. After the kiddie stuff of Wild Force most of us considered NS salvation. But if you look at NS carefully, it was not THAT great series.

PRangerX
02/18/04, 12:43 PM
I still loved but NS and WF but I guess everyone ahs a right to their opinion.

PRangerX
02/18/04, 12:45 PM
I loved both NS and WF but I guess everyonehasa right to an opinion.

Kamen Rider Decade
02/18/04, 10:22 PM
WF was NOT kiddie, NS IS kiddie.

MattEmily
04/27/14, 08:34 PM
I agree with you, PRangerX that MMPR is definitely the most overrated incarnation but mostly because I feel that some people just like it because it was their first season. Another issue I had with it is other than the evil Green Ranger, there was no story going on during Season 1. We got really no focus on anyone at all besides Tommy and his relationship with Kimberly as well as Billy's brains and Billy and Trini having such a great friendship that she could understand his tech language.

I do agree with Primal in regards to WF not being kiddie. Master Org killing Cole's parents on-screen. The Rangers destroying Master Org, a human villain which is something that YOU NEVER see in Power Rangers.
Mandilok using Toxica as bait and having the Jungle Blaster eventually destroy her in her weakened state.