PDA

View Full Version : What if they made a VR Troopers movie?

Zabitan
01/09/11, 12:53 AM
Don't know if this is the right forum for it but I just wanted to get this off my chest since there a lot threads on various forums, and message boards about Power Rangers having a new movie based on MMPR but with famous actors, and whatnot so I thought "why not have one for VR Troopers?"

So yeah who would you want, and how would you like it done?

Me if this was 10 years ago I would have said Seann William Scott as Ryan, Rachael Leigh Cook as Kaitlin, and Donald Faison as JB but now they're all in their 30's right now on the other hand I don't know anyone young enough besides a lot of the usual teeny bopper types.

For the other characters I definitely want Clancy Brown as Ziktor/Grimlord since he plays a lot of monsters, and corrupt executives so he seems like the kind of guy who could play Ziktor/Grimlord.

For Professor Hart the obvious choices would be Morgan Freeman, or Samuel L. Jackson but another choice would I would like is believe it or not Denzel Washington.

For Woody I'm thinking either Louis CK or Ricky Gervais

Not sure about everyone else but I can see someone like Chow Yun Fat or Jackie Chan as Tao, and Jeff Bridges as Tyler Steele.

As for how I would like it done I would like something akin to Speed Racer, but the look to be like the Iron Man movies, especially with Ziktor, and his mutants.

But what about you guys? What do you think?

PRangerX
01/09/11, 12:58 AM
I'm going to move this to the general VR Troopers Thread. The fandom forum is more to do with VR Troopers fan projects. But its all cool.

I don't know if its likely at this point. But I think a VR Troopers movie could be done. Especially if PR ever makes it to the big screen and does well. Marvel Studios would be a good studio to produce the movie. Since Troopers aparently is still owned by Disney. I wouldn't have too many big stars. Maybe one or two to sell the movie. But the Troopers themselves would probably be unknowns.

Zabitan
01/09/11, 01:03 AM
Another thing I thought about is What about an animated series?

PRangerX
01/09/11, 01:07 AM
An animated series would probably be more likely. Since it would be less ambitious. And probably easier then doing live action. But animation can still be expensive.

Zabitan
01/09/11, 01:28 AM
In that case how would you like the animation?,and who do you want in it?

Me I would like something along the lines of Ben 10, and Generator Rex, or at least W.I.T.C.H., and Code Lyoko, I would also bring back Mike Reynolds, Richard Epcar, Michael Sorich, and Dave Mallow as villains.

PRangerX
01/09/11, 05:34 PM
I'd like to see it use traditional animation with decent quality. Bringing back old castmembers to vioce their roles would be great. But I'm not sure if it can be done.