PDA

View Full Version : There were actually plenty of ways to cure Dillon.

alpha 64
12/08/14, 03:38 PM
I was thinking about Dillon's whole Venjix virus thing, and I realized it was actually ridiculous to say it would take over half the series to develop a cure when there were plenty of other ways to remove it. Here are 3 ways I thought up in 5 minutes to stop the Venjix virus from taking over a human, listed in order from least ridiculous to most ridiculous.

1. Surgery.
There was no reason why they couldn't just put Dillon on an operating table and remove all of the machine stuff like it was an abnormal bone growth. Sure, he'd lose all his superhuman abilities, but I think it's better to have a ranger lose his power than to have a ranger become forced to the other side.

2. Cut off his arm.
This sounds crazy, but think about it. We saw in an X-ray that the machine parts were all in Dillon's left arm (at least, they were if I remember correctly). So if Dillon simply went on an operating table and had a doctor (who isn't a mentally scarred 12 year old) take his arm off, there would be no more Venjix machinery to take over his body. Then he could simply get a prosthetic replacement arm, and even if the arm contained machinery, the citizens of Corinth are apparently able to make machines Venjix-proof, since Venjix isn't regularly possessing cars and making the vegetable showers at the grocery stores go off when you reach for carrots.

3. Cut open his arm and splash some water on the machinery.
It doesn't matter if the machinery is some super special amazing Venjix machinery that can destroy the world, it's still metal. So just putting Dillon under for a few minutes, making a slight incision in the arm, and splashing in some water would make a suitable cure. Of course, I know this one would never work in a million years, but it does make you wonder if Dr. K's "miracle cure" was actually just water with green food dye.

PRangerX
12/10/14, 11:45 PM
I would assume Venjix had safe guards put in place. I mean half the population were sleepers themselves and were never detected. If K had an easy way to cure Dillion she would have takening it. The Venjix Virus and machine add ons was ver strong. I did think the way K easily came up with the miracle cure in the end was a bit of a stretch.

MattEmily
12/10/14, 11:49 PM
Yes surgery was presumably an option but keep in mind that Ranger Black was meant to be a powerful suit that only Dillon could operate and he could only operate it because of the Venjix hardware that was inside of him.

PRangerX
12/15/14, 11:04 AM
K didnt know much about the Venjix tech, so its possible she couldnt remove the machine parts without knowing if it would kill Dillion. She leaves Teneya's robotic eyes in her in the finalie and doesnt know how long they will continue to work.

MattEmily
12/15/14, 11:12 AM
yup it's entirely possible that the hardware for both is still in them it's just the cure is disabling them and with time it may disable the hardware completely.