PDA

View Full Version : Summer Glau auditioned for Wild Force

kainhighwind2
01/11/15, 04:10 PM
I was perusing Wikipedia, and it said she auditioned to be a ranger in Power Rangers Wild Force. Didn't say which ranger, though. I assume this is semi-well known if Wikipedia has it. Anyone got any more info?

moonknight
01/11/15, 04:18 PM
We've actually known this for years. She said she was the second choice for the "pink" Ranger (obviously meaning the White Ranger). It's been confirmed in a couple of interviews with her, it was one of her first auditions in Hollywood, and she almost quit acting.

MastaDan2
01/11/15, 04:21 PM
I would have loved her in Power Rangers.

I could even see her having some sort of role in the new movie. Not sure what though, she's too old now to be a ranger but it they need a Dulcea type of role or anything she could work.

I love Jessica Rey, but I probably would have preferred Summer for the part. Wild Force was one of my least favorite seasons, but Jessica Rey is one of my favorite PR actresses, but mainly for the actress herself more than her actual performance or the character.

I think 3 failed shows in which she has a strong part or even main role though is enough to warrant that trope, it's not an insult or jab at her just an in joke about her bad luck with shows getting canned.

PRangerX
01/12/15, 09:41 PM
I wonder how many actors auditionee for PR before they became well known.

Keep in mind that the Wild Force cast was heavily directed to overact in a Sentai like way. So its possible Glau's performance would have been similar to Rey. Just look at the differece between Medina as Cole and Deker.