View Full Version : Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 14

MattEmily
01/13/15, 03:53 PM
Here's the discussion thread for today's new episode.

Sailor Dragonzord
01/17/15, 11:21 AM
Did anyone see the new episode?

Spike Hart
01/17/15, 01:41 PM
I only saw the first few episodes. Its amazing how much the first one is like the original. Yet they go right into Ami the next episode. The episode is still remarkably similar to the original introduction of Mercury though. I am diggiing Sailor Moon for the new mellenium. I hear this episode finishes the Negaverse arch. Or Dark Kingdom for those of you that like to use the original terms. I am jealous I can't watch it yet.

PRangerX
01/17/15, 06:52 PM
Merged this with new episode thread.

Inner Senshi
01/17/15, 11:22 PM
I thought it was an awesome finalie! Can't wait for the Dark Moon Arch.

Eternal Starlight
01/18/15, 01:00 PM
Just watched Act 14, it was pretty good. Luna could probably be the best written out character out of the 1st 13 episodes. And "Moon Crystal Power, Make Up!" turned out what I expected it to be. A quick adjustment to the original prism henshin, with only the brooch changing. Sigh.

PrimoPiccolo
01/18/15, 01:01 PM
As I expected, the final battle with Metalia didn't take long, so this episode was just taking the time to set things right and put the characters back on the path where they started. I knew there would be mushy moments, but I didn't expect quite so many kisses between Usagi and Mamoru. I also didn't expect Usagi not to think of Artemis while she fought for her friends.

Human Luna cameo was awesome! What wasn't was Chibiusa being just as annoying and creepy as I remember, making out with her own dad on arrival. I cracked up when Usagi said she broke her neck, though.

megagao
01/18/15, 01:02 PM
Though i guess i'm in the minority, but I really disliked the last 4 episodes of this new anime. the focus was way too much on usagi and mamoru. the inners and 4 kings were horribly overshadowed. they took away what could of been a damn great confrontation between the inners and the kings. like they had set it up nicely and apparently, yes they did fight each other but we saw nothing of it. I felt cheated, and than they killed off the 4 kings in a second. like wtf? if metaliia could do that, why didn't she do that to the 4 inners from the beginning? the battle between sailor moon and metallia didn't feel epic. i got no feels from that. episode 46 had more feels and amazing sequences with serenity and metallia-possessed beryl.
with the black moon arc, i really hope our inners are not overshadowed and forgotten. though i'm afraid they will be with the 4 sisters and 4 generals being involved. this part of the arc has a lot of enemies so i'm worried. plus we have yet to see the inners really take on an enemy without being thrown around like rag dolls. the classic series did them justice.

Muramasa
01/18/15, 01:03 PM
Quite enjoyable and I was hoping Moon's new henshin sequence would at least resemble the one from R but instead they used the standard henshin with the new brooch painted on. Sigh.

The Makai Tree arc from R was really enjoyable despite being mostly filler. Time to see Black Moon

Marko Cranston
01/18/15, 01:05 PM
I'm totally agreeing with you here! The last couple of eps, since Minako made an appearance aren't really what I expected them to be. I hoped with keeping the 4 kings alive they would use them for a good bloody fight.

I feel the anime is a bit rushed overall, the original stepped further away from the Manga and gave the characters more development.

Did Sailor Moon's outfit change at all with Crytsal Moon Power? But U have to love Chibiusa's entrance!

I hope there will be much more fighting as the show new arc starts. I hope they make more changes from the original Manga and make it more interesting.

Orionpower2001
01/18/15, 01:06 PM
Sailor Moon gets her original tiara back. Otherwise, there is no other changes besides the new broach.

megagao
01/18/15, 01:07 PM
I had predicted the 4 kings would battle the 4 inners, but we were just cheated with that so called battle. moon's uniform didnt change, except i guess she was given back her original ep 1 tiara for her henshin.
megagao is online now Report Post

Pink Warrior
01/18/15, 01:08 PM
The end of the battle felt anti-climatic. The original anime's final battle felt really epic.
Pink Warrior is offline Report Post

Primal Slayer
01/18/15, 01:10 PM
It was ok, the only semi exciting things were seeing Luna's human form and Rini. Other then that, nothing exciting really happened, the battle was beyond boring. But HEY! TDK arc is OVER. Heres to praying for a better Black Moon arc.

ranger_scout
01/18/15, 01:10 PM
Great season finale. I was hoping that Usagi would wave her hand over the Silver Crystal at the beginning of her new transformation like in the original anime, but oh well. I could easily see Chibiusa's appearance coming without even predicting it. I'm looking forward to seeing what this arc will bring to the story.

Obelisk20
01/18/15, 01:12 PM
I liked Act 14. I did like the battle between Sailor Moon and Metalia but SM Classic battle between Princess Serenity and Super Beryl was way better.

The explanation of the inners sacrificing their transformation power to help Sailor Moon was a nice touch. That way the introduction of their Star Power wands won't come out of left field like in SM Classic.

ChibiUsa's appearance looked better in here in Crystal and Usagi saying that she broke her neck..... I cracked up hard at that.

The Dark Kingdom arc is over and overall while it was good IMO, the original anime did it much better in most regards but Crystal did do some good things too. I hope the Black Moon arc will be good and better that DK arc.

PRangerX
01/18/15, 01:12 PM
I think the climax to the battle was what it needed to be. We had all last episode for the Senshi to face Qween Matallia. We already saw Usagi struggle to defeat the evil. If they stretched out the battle it would have just been more of the same.

The defeat of Matallia was pretty dramatic. It was a big momment seeing Sailor Moon summon the true power of the moon to defeat Matallia. They needed to have time to resolve everything else and set up the next arch. Plus we had the cool momment of Sailor Moon healing the Earth.

MattEmily
01/18/15, 04:11 PM
Episode was good.

The new animation for Sailor Moon's Crystal transformation is awesome as well.

Sailor Danger
01/19/15, 12:36 PM
I did miss the big battle in the end of the first series of the original anime. The new episode was cool but can't compete with that. Beryl should be the main villain. Like in the original dub. Thats one of the things Dic got right.

MattEmily
01/19/15, 05:07 PM
I completely disagree.

Queen Beryl should have never been the main villain because she wasn't that was Queen Metallia and always was. DiC just screwed that up royally.

Sailor Danger
01/19/15, 06:56 PM
But Qween Beryl was the one that destoryed the Silver Mellenium and tried to steal Mamoru from Usagi. She was clearly the main antagonist. They didn't do much to make Matallia really hateable in the original anime. It was amazing watch Sailor Moon stand up to Beryl at the end of the dub.

Sailor Kitty
01/19/15, 07:03 PM
Yeah the dub does it so much better. Nothing can beat the Dic Dub.

Phantom Stranger
01/19/15, 07:30 PM
The Dic Dub was awful. The diiolouge was poorly dubbed and they got a lot of the storylines wrong. Matallia was the lead villian and she wasn't the Negaforce. Beryl was a good villain but she wasn't that big bad.

I like both the old anime and the manga. So Crystal staying so close to the manga doesn't bother me. I thought the episode was amazing. It resolved everything. It had the big climax against Matallia in the beginning and still left plenty of time to follow up on everything. And it set up the next act well.

MattEmily
01/19/15, 08:00 PM
Queen Metallia couldn't do anything threatening because she was weak she had to rely on Beryl to gather energy so she could rise up once again.

It's not exactly the same but it's similar to The Master from Mystic Force. He couldn't do anything in the beginning except give silent orders but did that change the fact that he was the big bad? No it didn't.

Yes Beryl may have destroyed the Silver Millennium but that doesn't mean she was the big bad. That just shows she wasn't as pathetic as the anime makes her be the rest of the time.

Dic Dubber
01/20/15, 10:39 PM
I thought the battle with Negaforce was a let down. Just like I feared it would be. The rest of the episode was boring and predictable. Nothing really happened. I knew I shouldn't have started watching Crystal. The rest of this is probably gonna drag. Not even DIC could fix this mess.

MMPR Forever
01/20/15, 10:40 PM
Only part I liked was the funny scene with Usagi and her family. Finally some of the humor from the original.

No Green Spandex
01/20/15, 10:45 PM
i thought it was fine. It was different from the finalie of the original but I knew that going in. Ita been said before that this was gonna be more like the manga. I knew it was gonna be different.

Outer Sailor
01/20/15, 10:49 PM
I thought it was underwhelming. The battle was too short. And it was too much standing around and talking. With not much going on. The whole finalie of the Dark Kingdom story arch was disapointing. Why did they bother keeping the Shitennou around anyway?

Destiny Defeated
01/24/15, 11:45 AM
I thought it was exciting. The beginning was really finishing where the last episode left out. They had been fighting Matallia for mulitple episodes. Plus they had to resolve everything. We had to have the big scene of Sailor Moon healing the Earth.

The center of the story is always about Usagi and Mamoru. They had plenty of time to shine here. Usagi had plenty of time to shine. It was funny seeing Chibi Usa break up the kiss at the end.

Starlight Starbrite
01/24/15, 02:49 PM
Some people are never happy. I know everyone is used to the original anime. But thats not what we are ever going to get. Crystal is more based on story than transformations and cool attacks. The fact that they don't transform all the time makes it mean more. We.already got more from the Shitennou than the manga at least.