PDA

View Full Version : When will they make another season?

Ignis
03/25/10, 04:53 PM
I've made it through the entire season and now I have nothing left to watch on the school computers when I am done with my work. There is no other toku on Hulu and Youtube is blocked.

So how big will the gap be between seasons? My friend says there won't be another because it wasn't popular enough. I say if they put it on a more popular channel (I'm thinking the Disney channel since the comic relief scenes reminded me of a lot of the live shows on there), then it would be more popular.

But (when) will they make a new season!? (They BETTER!)

PrimoPiccolo
03/25/10, 07:27 PM
As the discussion's been going on in every circle since it ended, let's all remember that it was on shaky legs to begin with.

It took a long time to find a taker when 4Kids finally grabbed it. They tried it, its new episodes didn't do as well as age-old reruns of Ninja Turtles or Sonic. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement to try the Kamen Rider franchise again.

Fans need to live outside their heads for a moment, and not assume that more exposure = more popularity. Sometimes a product just isn't embraced, a thought that makes sense especially for Dragon Knight in light of the Power Rangers action figures starting to sell so poorly that financing the TV series no longer appealed to the powers that be.

I applaud Adness for trying (leaving my personal view of the writing and directing out of this), but I'm guessing it'll take another decade (pardon the pun) before the iron is struck again to bring Kamen Rider to America.

Kamen Rider Decade
03/26/10, 04:20 AM
CW canceled the show. CW was the only one willing to air it.

It's going to be a LONG time before it will be tried again.

TokuNoob
03/26/10, 08:45 AM
I've heard of dead shows coming back for more seasons from massive DVD sells, but for that you need DVDs. You're only hope is that suddenly everyone online decides they like the show, and 4Kids notices the video downloads. But, considering the shows 4/10 rating on IMdB, I wouldn't count on it. When/if Kamen Rider does come back it will have nothing to do with Dragon Knight, and DK will just wind up in the heap of obscurity alongside Saban's Masked Rider.

Ignis
03/26/10, 01:19 PM
But they left off at such a cliff hanger!

PrimoPiccolo
03/26/10, 03:38 PM
But they left off at such a cliff hanger!
The last two episodes were posted on their website and subsequently encoded for your viewing pleasure anytime you'd like to see them.

And since you mention your situation at every conceivable notion, I'd ask a friend if I could borrow their home computer for a bit.