PDA

View Full Version : Were the Lightspeed Powers created by reverse engineering the Space Powers?

Space Seasons
12/02/16, 09:53 PM
Seems like a plausible theory.

Astro Delta
12/03/16, 11:29 AM
Only problem is...Why didn't they use the Space Rangers instead of a new team? You wouldn't even need new powers....Just new zords and weapons.

Lightspeed Zeo
12/03/16, 11:31 AM
The Lightspeed powers were completely man made. I don't think thdy had anything to do with the Space Rangers.

Turbo Guy
12/03/16, 11:33 AM
If the Space Rangers became Lightspeed then TJ could have been back to being Red. Since , "What does Andros know about Earth?".

Captain Mutiny
12/03/16, 11:37 AM
This was a big fan theory back in the day. I don't think its very plausible now. Back then we had no man made powers. So the idea of Lightspeed producing powers out of nowhere seemed far fetched. But we have seen so many teams since then and more that are man made....That its more likely Lightspeed was separate.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
12/03/16, 11:42 AM
Zordon recruited Mitchell to run the Lightspeed Project. The development of the Lightspeed Powers was all part of his plan. Zordon had to know the demons were eventually returning. Plus it was a contingency plan in case they needed another Ranger teams. It also gave Zordon's organization the power to create more Ranger teams. The project just wasn't really that effective in creating powers until after Zordon was gone.

Goldar's Revenge
12/03/16, 11:44 AM
Only problem is...Why didn't they use the Space Rangers instead of a new team? You wouldn't even need new powers....Just new zords and weapons.

The Space Rangers had another mission most likely. So the plan was to fill the new team with new Rangers.

Diabolico Rising
12/03/16, 11:25 PM
I think they were independently created. We now know that the Morphing Grid can be accessed by many Ranger teams.

Eye Guy
12/04/16, 02:55 PM
It seems far fetched to me that mankind would be able to just make there own powers so quickly. There had to be a template to use. The Space Rangers make the most sense.

Terra Venture
12/04/16, 03:01 PM
But this is the show that had Terra Venture created in a year?

Ranger Master
12/04/16, 09:08 PM
Lost Galaxy was actually an au future. Notice how they had to travel through wormhole to get back to Earth in the LR team up? Its likely the Space Rangers went through the same wormhole to get to Terra Venture. Thats why Leo remembers them as if he was at "Countdown" as a kid. The events of the LGU are the same as the PRU up until "Countdown". Thats one of the reasons why the Space Rangers couldn't stay. If LG history after "Countdown" showed the Space Rangers were needed, they couldn't taKe the chance the same events wouldn't happen in there timeline.

Quasar Saber
12/04/16, 09:11 PM
I agree with that. Lightspeeds Powers were most likely part of early Hexagon. I don't think the Space Rangers were directly involved.

Massive Ego
12/04/16, 09:53 PM
Nice fan fics that some of you are writing. I won't be reading any of them.

Rita's Pita
12/05/16, 12:31 AM
I think the Lightspeed Powers were made separately from the Space ones.

Destiny Defeated
12/05/16, 12:08 PM
It wouldn't surprise me . Al lot of the later Ranger teams probably had help from looking at prior powers....In terms of connecting powers to the grid and making brand new ones. We saw implied in Jungle Fury. RJ had a friend who knew someone that got him a grid tap.

Galaxy Supreme
12/05/16, 12:10 PM
I think its just an idea fans had at the time because they were still getting used to the idea of changing teams every year. It was a nice idea to connect to past seasons. Especially since Space was so beloved.

Space Hero
12/06/16, 11:39 PM
I think this is probably likely.

SPD Emergency
12/07/16, 12:06 PM
I think they were definitely created based on the Space Powers. Just like Lightspeed and Time Force led to SPD and their powers.

Kimberly Hart
12/08/16, 09:08 PM
I don't think so. Lightspeed seemed like its own thing that made the powers from scratch.

Krypto Ranger
12/08/16, 09:58 PM
I think Lightspeed was putting together a team. The weapons and mecha were always there. But the Space Rangers or Tommy helped them connect to the Morphing Grid to make a Ranger team.

Dark Specter's Revenge
12/09/16, 11:08 PM
I wish they would have used this idea on the show. It would have made the transition to LR at least a little better. Of course having the Space Rangers back instead would have been much better than even that.