PDA

View Full Version : The Scene where Tommy Lost His Powers

Green With Envy
02/19/18, 07:32 PM
Was anyone surprised when the Rangers failed to save Tommy's powers?

That scene at the end of Green Candle with Tommy losing his powers was pretty chilling for MMPR.

Hayley Oliver
02/19/18, 07:44 PM
That was pretty depressing. Usually the Rangers always won.

Tommy Hater
02/19/18, 10:34 PM
I thought it was overdramatic. But I was beyond happy to be rid of the guy who took Jason's spotlight and ruined the dynamic of the series.

Goldar's Revenge
02/19/18, 10:43 PM
It was really the first time when the Power Rangers didn't save the day. Even Green With Evil the stakes were raised but the Rangers pervailed in the end.

DinoThunderKira
02/19/18, 10:51 PM
I was one of the kids who had their parents complain. I even stopped watching the series until he came back. I stopped again after Turbo and came back full time with DinoThunder. I went back and watched what I messed though. I didn't quit after DinoThunder lol.

MattEmily
02/19/18, 10:55 PM
you're ahead of yourself Tommy Hater since he wasn't a spotlight hog until he became the White Ranger whereas Green with Envy was referring to the Green Candle incident

Massive Ego
02/19/18, 11:08 PM
Ah yes, a classic episode.

Sentai Envy
02/19/18, 11:22 PM
Burai's death scene was so much better, it made Tommy's Fading Powers Scene look like a joke.

Sentai Mighty
02/19/18, 11:26 PM
Tommy was such a crappy character. Burai deserved a lot better.

MattEmily
02/19/18, 11:44 PM
Burai's death scene was so much better, it made Tommy's Fading Powers Scene look like a joke.

Fox Kids was never going to allow Tommy to die so quit dreaming about it they didn't even allow Eric to die despite the fact they (MMPR Productions) had shot footage of him dying

Green With Envy
02/19/18, 11:46 PM
Or maybe both scenes were good in their own ways. Burai wasn't Tommy, Tommy wasn't Burai.

PRangerX
02/19/18, 11:55 PM
I was pretty shocked when it aired. The faded Tommy thing was freaky.

And their was no way they could have killed Tommy off! It would have been a huge mistake given how fan outrage helped bring him back.

Lightspeed Zeo
02/20/18, 12:08 PM
I think Power Rangers needed Tommy. Zeo wouldn't have been the same without him.

Zeo Power
02/20/18, 12:17 PM
Yes Zeo needed Tommy for it to work.

Jungle Master
02/22/18, 08:28 PM
It was wierd seeing him without the shield for the first time.

Green With Envy
02/23/18, 08:49 PM
It was wierd seeing him without the shield for the first time.

I remember being shock Tommy lost the sheild at the time. Even though he did give the shield to Jason to get the Super Putty Blasters from Titanus. The scene in "Green Candle" was far more dramatic and shocking.

No More Pink
03/01/18, 05:31 PM
This scene was well done. I hated the scene where Kimberly check in on him and he asks her out. The last we saw of Tommy should have beenin the command center.

No Green Spandex
03/03/18, 08:30 PM
It was a great scene. And would have been a great ending to what had been a very good arch for Tommy. And they even had a second chance with his return. As that second arch was just as good if not better. Its just a shame they ruined "Green Candle" and "Green No More" by bringing Tommy back like a godmoded RPG character. Which led to him being a hated one on my end.

Ranger Black
03/04/18, 12:45 AM
I was defiantly surprised by the ending. At the time I hated it because it meant Tommy was gone. Or so I thought at the time. Now O reconize how good this scene really was.

Decepticon
03/04/18, 12:46 AM
It was right up there with Prime dying in the animated Transformers Movie. I was very sad when I first watched both scenes.

Astro Hawk
03/04/18, 12:08 PM
For the first time it felt like the Power Rangers lost. Passing the powers to Jason felt like a better than nothing senario. Tommy was gone and there seemes like nothing could be done about it at the time. Of course they were able to deny Rita the actual powers.

KimandTommy
03/04/18, 12:58 PM
It sas a very sad episode. As we thought we lost Tommy Forever. The only good part was Tommy and Kim finally getting together officially. That scene is so iconic and the beginning of one lf the greatest romances in tv history.

Rossovan
03/24/18, 06:03 AM
Jason was always my favourite Ranger as a kid (not that i hated Tommy) so i always thought it was cool when Jason, or Zack got to wear the shield, so seeing Tommy give the powers to Jason was pretty awesome to me at the time.

I don't think it was sad either but just a little lessen to kids that even good things come to an end, Burai dying in Zyuranger was obviously a bit more hard hitting. Tommy obviously made a big impact and was rightly brought back once they had some Zyu2 footage for him.

Sentai Envy
03/24/18, 12:00 PM
Its a down rjght travesty that we didn't get American Burai dying in American Geki's arms. Its bad enough they weren't brothers or from the ancient civilization the Japanese Zyurangers were from.

Cyber Astronema
03/27/18, 11:39 AM
I never actually saw the episode but the this thread makes me want to , to see thd actual scene.