PDA

View Full Version : Power Rangers romance

PRangerX
01/10/11, 09:02 AM
What is you're feeling about Romance and Power Rangers?

I really enjoyed the romance between Tommy and Kat, Jen and Wes, Andros and Ashley, and Tommy and Kimberly,

There are some instances where they dropped the ball with romances. Since they teased relationships that never really took off. Blake and Tori is a good example of this. Kira and Trent was dropped after Trent became a member of the team. Leo and Kendrix was briefly teased by that never went anywhere. But that was because Valiere got sick ( who ended up being fine thankfully)

I thought the Jen/Wes romance was played perfectly. As they finally get together yet can't be together. Since they are from different timelines. Makes for good writing. As drama doesn't always have perfect happy endings. It was nice to see them together again in the team up though. We got this again with Shayla and Merrick. .

Orange Ranger
01/10/11, 09:03 AM
Ranger romances never really work out for the rangers. The only times they do is when the fans create that themselves. Nick and Madie never really worked out like it should have. We don't know what happened with Dillion and Summer. Tommy is only with whoever the fans want him to be with, although they pretty much hinted at a Kimberly/Jason romance during the Turbo movie and we have to guess that's what ended up happening. I don't remember all the other romances, but I know that some existed.

PRangerX
01/10/11, 09:04 AM
Well, Dillion and Summer did end up together. They went off together into the Wasteland. I don't think Jason and Kim we're an item. I know some fans are shippers for them. But I think they are just good friends. With Nick/Maddie, they hinted that he would come back for her. But we never got full closure with that.

Orange Ranger
01/10/11, 09:04 AM
There were other possible romances like Billy/Trini, Tanya/Adam, Cassie/phantom ranger, and others that I don't remember.

Terry
01/10/11, 09:05 AM
Rita/Zedd's romance and marriage is just hilarious. In Season 1, Rita was a badass and for most of Season 2, Zedd was even more of a badass. When they got married, neither were serious anymore.

Goldar/Scorpina have a good romance although it is not as obvious as in Super Sentai when they had a baby.

There is a possible romance with Jarrod and Camille and again with Mesogog and Elsa. Mesogog even shows a bit of regret when he releases her saying that he'll miss her.