Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Powers From The Past Episode Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6346)

Astronema 01/30/15 11:48 PM

Re: Dino Charge 1 Powers From The Past

Wow! So Keeper is responsible for the extinction of the Dinosuars? Crazy! Seems kinda odd he was able to decimate the villains like that so easily. I dug the Space scenes in the open. Pretty ambitious for Power Rangers .

Adam White Tiger 01/30/15 11:50 PM

But what right did Keeper have to put the dinosuars in peril like that? He had to know what was going to happen.

Everyone Loves Rocky 01/30/15 11:54 PM

I liked the episode. It was fun and the characters seemed to have a lot of energy. The villains seemed a bit generic but turned out to be a nice balence of menacing and comedic. I like how the theme is not just a rehash of the MMPR theme.

Phantom Stranger 01/30/15 11:57 PM

Shelby kinda annoyed me. She just seemed too goofy and like a five year old at times. Maybe she will grow on me. I hope she does. I have to see more episodes to see what I really think of everything.

Starlight Supreme 01/31/15 12:20 AM

What a cool premiere. It felt like they actually put some effort into the story. I like how they are taking it slow. We got some good focus on Tyler and Shelby. Certainly a different way of them getting their powers than most Rangers.

Superstatler 01/31/15 07:26 AM

I didn't like it. Having Keeper be responsible for the extinction of the dinosuars messes with the timeline for me. The civilian scenes were too over the top. We didn't get enough action. I thought it was silly how Tyler and Shelby just lucked into their powers. The villains were terrible. Is Sledge gonna be a more generic Lothor?

MattEmily 01/31/15 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Leo (Post 51463)
I can't wait for the next episode. Its going to be a cool year for PR fans.

No doubt. I can't wait for the next episode either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astronema (Post 51475)
Wow! So Keeper is responsible for the extinction of the Dinosuars? Crazy! Seems kinda odd he was able to decimate the villains like that so easily. I dug the Space scenes in the open. Pretty ambitious for Power Rangers .

Indeed that was a cool move but it's not like he decimated any of the villains.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam White Tiger (Post 51476)
But what right did Keeper have to put the dinosuars in peril like that? He had to know what was going to happen.

It's not like he knew what was going to happen. I doubt he had any knowledge of Sledge having asteroids. It's like you and I. How would you know what I have in my collection unless I post it? Same with you. How would I know what's in your collection unless you post it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom Stranger (Post 51478)
Shelby kinda annoyed me. She just seemed too goofy and like a five year old at times. Maybe she will grow on me. I hope she does. I have to see more episodes to see what I really think of everything.

I actually like that about her... her being overexcited. It's a nice character trait for her. I'd rather her be like that than the traditional black stereotype.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starlight Supreme (Post 51479)
What a cool premiere. It felt like they actually put some effort into the story. I like how they are taking it slow. We got some good focus on Tyler and Shelby. Certainly a different way of them getting their powers than most Rangers.

Indeed it was a cool premiere and I completely agree that it does look like Chip put a lot of effort into the story. I also agree that I like how they're taking it slow. Certainly a different way with giving them their powers but I definitely approve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superstatler (Post 51485)
I didn't like it. Having Keeper be responsible for the extinction of the dinosuars messes with the timeline for me. The civilian scenes were too over the top. We didn't get enough action. I thought it was silly how Tyler and Shelby just lucked into their powers. The villains were terrible. Is Sledge gonna be a more generic Lothor?

I don't know how you can say it messes with the timeline because it doesn't. It has ALWAYS been rumored that asteroids were the thing that wiped out the dinosaurs.
This was a premiere so they were using it to introduce us to the villains and the characters instead of forcing us immediately into the action like what was done with the 2 previous premieres of failed seasons.
I completely disagree that the villains were terrible. No one can be as worse as Lothor was.

Superstatler 01/31/15 12:44 PM

Well the dino gems were in the Asteriod that made the dinosuars extinct. This invalidates that.

MattEmily 01/31/15 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superstatler (Post 51487)
Well the dino gems were in the Asteriod that made the dinosuars extinct. This invalidates that.

no it doesn't.
Tommy specifically mentioned "asteroid" when saying where the gems came from. There's always the possibility of there being tons of asteroids that he wasn't aware of.
This makes it so that the gems were in one of the asteroids that Sledge had. Nothing invalidates that.

Superstatler 01/31/15 04:36 PM

More on why I didn't like the episode.

It just felt so unrealistic. Grown men and woman wouldn't act the way those people were acting. Tyler and Shelby become Rangers and act like its just another day. Shouldn't they be worried about the monsters they just faught? Once again the villains do nothing for me. I hate comedic bad guys. I thought we would be getting more serious bad guys. Why do they keep using the Sentai villans? They should have original villains. Sledge being a bounty hunter is lame.

Back to the bad continuity. I find it pretty unbelieveable that completely unrelated powers would just happen to hit the Earth at the same time.