Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Should Tommy have come back? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7492)

No Green Spandex 11/04/16 06:07 PM

Re: Should Tommy have come back?

I'm talking about Tommy leaving after "Green No More". I'm not talking about not being Tommy back after "Green Candle."

Green Saba 11/04/16 06:08 PM

I still agree with Matt. Getting rid of Tommy during MMPR or Zeo would have been foolish.

Red Spandex Forever 11/04/16 06:10 PM

Besides they ended up having to write off three of the originals. So it would have back fired big time if they couldn't get Frank back.

Gosei Great 11/04/16 06:27 PM

Frank would have been brought back to replace Austin worst case senario.

VR Master 11/04/16 06:32 PM

Not if he did Cybertron. But I suppose that ship sailed well before "Green No More".

MattEmily 11/05/16 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Green Spandex (Post 59554)
I'm talking about Tommy leaving after "Green No More". I'm not talking about not being Tommy back after "Green Candle."

either way my point still stands about everything that I had said in regards to what happened after that 2-parter.

PRangerX 11/05/16 08:00 AM

Its good Tommy came back the second time. But it is fun to think about what might have been if they had a brand new White Ranger. But I woukd have been disapointed at the time if they did that.

Cybertron woukd have been cool if they actually were using the real Tommy character to make it a true spin off. Especially since we didn't have as much backstory on Tommy after "Green Candle". So the whole missing father thing could have been in play. We never saw Tommy's parents anyway.

Captain Codfish 11/07/16 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maligore (Post 59549)
Too bad Saban was too cheap to produce new Green Ranger footage.

They already bought new footage from Toei. What more did you want them to do? They had ready made White Ranger footage. Which also cost money in all the original footage they had to produce states side. So Saban was far from cheap in this instance.

Tommy was always going to come back after "Green No More". There was only doubt after "Candle" but that was quickly answered when he came back for another run as Green. It was just a matter of deciding how to keep him on the show. They bought as much time for him as Green as the could. So they made the transition to White.

KimandTommy 11/07/16 08:57 PM

Tommy on Cybertron wouldn't have been the same. And I don't see why he had to keep the Green Ranger Powers. He was just fine as the White Ranger. He was at his best as White Ranger anyway.