Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Should Jason have been Turbo Blue (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8860)

Lion Tamer Org 05/11/20 07:23 PM

Re: Should Jason have been Turbo Blue

I don't think Jason would have been a fit at blue. He had too much of an Alpha Male personality. Its not as easy as making Rocky blue.

Polly Want A Megazord 05/11/20 07:39 PM

Most fans would have been pissed he was "demoted" to blue. But some people are never happy.

Wild Bore 05/11/20 07:58 PM

Jason was so overrated. He really had no personality and was only leader by default. Tommy was much more interesting and a better Ranger. Really, Rocky was a better Red Ranger. Since he actually had a personality.

I was actually disappointed when Jason replaced Trey. Since I thought Ryan Steel was showing up.

Goldar's Revenge 05/16/20 09:40 PM

Shulky wanted a kid Ranger to capitalize on Beetleborg's success. We were getting Justin either way. There was never any plans for Austin St. John to continue post Zeo. Outside of his appearance in the Turbo Movie. I mean Amy made an appearance too, but she was never gonna be in the Turbo series.

Chaos Ranger 05/17/20 06:45 PM

Zordon was never comfortable working with Jason after his first year on the team. Its why he wanted Tommy as leader and set up Jason, Zack , and Trini to be replaced. by the Ninja Trio. They became too independent and couldn't be as easily controlled.

Especially in Jason's case, who had too much sway over the team. Zordon was fearful of losing the team's loyalty but knew Tommy would make sure the team was loyal to him. Especially with getting rid of the other two "bad apples". The original plan was to use Richie and Curtis. But they were negatively influenced by Jason and Zack. Trini would have been kept since Zordon would have used her relationship with Richie to keep her in line.

But I digress....Zordon only took Jason back as Gold because it was an emergency. Plus he knee Jason couldn't handle the powers long term. Unfortunately for Zordon, Trey saw through his lies after he got the powers back and smartened Jason to it( who went through the pain the Gold Powers caused). So Zordon lost the Gold Ranger asset in the end.

He wouldn't have trusted Jason full time, but even less now. Besides replacing Rocky was minute and he had to make sure Justin kept the Turbo's identities secret. Jason was already captured anyway.

Karone White Tiger 05/18/20 12:35 AM

He would have been a lot better then Justin. At least Turbo's second half had its moments.

Crimson Hunter 05/18/20 12:49 AM

I would have rather Rocky just stay on.

Mesagog Lives 05/18/20 07:34 PM

I finally watched Turbo and don't see what all the fuss with Justin is about. So what if they had a kid Ranger? He was only one for a single season. Jason was nothing special. His story was told. Really a lot of the early season characters are expandable to me. But I didn't grow up with that era.

Red For Life 05/18/20 08:15 PM

I would have !liked to see it if it were possible.

DinoThunderKira 05/18/20 09:11 PM

I would have liked Turbo better if Jason stuck around.