Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Did anyone think the Space Rangers were coming back for Lightspeed Rescue? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8970)

Ranger Eagle 06/21/20 12:27 PM

Re: Did anyone think the Space Rangers were coming back for Lightspeed Rescue?

They were pretty committed to the Sentai approach of changing themes and casts every season by that point.

Goldar's Revenge 06/21/20 12:28 PM

The only time I have heard of them ever considering going back to continuing seasons was during Ninja Storm where Doug mentioned it was under consideration. But I don't know how serious that consideration ever was. And I don't think Disney was interested.

Maligore 06/21/20 12:29 PM

Of course not, they were cheap like Saban.

Lord Leo 06/21/20 01:09 PM

A lot of people disliked Lost Galaxy because of Lord Leo and their need to write him as the star of the show.

Haim Saban's Revenge 06/21/20 01:11 PM

I don't think Leo got overexposed. He was just the normal Red Ranger leadership type. Its not like they didn't give him character flaws to overcome. And Leo was always written as a great teammate.

Scorpina Returns 06/21/20 01:12 PM

He was intentionally written to be more immature, he was the leader that had to grow into the role. Kind of like Lion-El in Thundercats. I don't think he took too much focus away from the others. He just happened to be one of the more interesting characters.

Ranger Eagle 06/21/20 01:12 PM

I didn't mind Leo that much. The Red Rangers often get a lot of focus anyway. He is no different then a lot of the others.

Archie Kao Fan 06/21/20 01:14 PM

I always thought of Kai as the leader of the LG Rangers. He was the smartest one and often kept Leo in line. Especially in the early episodes.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 06/21/20 01:15 PM

Blue Rangers tend to be the glue that keeps the teams together. And our often under appreciated. Behind every hot headed Red is a well centered Blue Ranger.

Uncle Steve 06/22/20 11:26 AM

The first teaser certainly did tease that, untentionally or intentionally. But by the time we got the full trailer, it was clear that things were going to be different.