Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Movie Zordon a former Power Ranger? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7756)

PRangerX 02/09/17 11:35 AM

Movie Zordon a former Power Ranger?

Screen Rant has an article up speculating if movie Zordon is supposed to be a former Red Ranger.

http://screenrant.com/power-rangers-...on-red-ranger/

Discuss this at Power Rangers Online

http://www.powerrangersonline.com/sh...4101#post64101

Goldar's Revenge 02/09/17 06:24 PM

Re: Movie Zordon a former Power Ranger?

The early rumors about the movie mentioned this so its not a big secret.

Captain Mutiny 02/09/17 06:27 PM

The idea of Zordon being a Ranger is just strange. Since he was never one on the show.

Goldar's Revenge 02/09/17 06:28 PM

Yes, I actually don't like it either.

Massive Ego 02/09/17 06:31 PM

I think it would be an improvement over the tv show"s mythology. I never thought it made sense for Zordon to mentor a group of Rangers if he wasn't one.

Destiny Defeated 02/10/17 02:04 PM

It seems like a natural back story to add. The show never really went into detail as to what Zordon actually was in the past. I'll we knew was that he was a wizard.

MattEmily 02/10/17 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 64107)
I think it would be an improvement over the tv show"s mythology. I never thought it made sense for Zordon to mentor a group of Rangers if he wasn't one.

Sure it may be weird but why does a Mentor need to be a Ranger to mentor their team? Most Mentors did fine without the need of being Rangers. Tommy did fine mentoring his team before he became a Ranger, Cruger did fine before becoming a Ranger, Udonna did fine when she wasn't a Ranger and need I say more?

Lightspeed Zeo 02/10/17 11:25 PM

I just want the mentors to be competent and wise.

Gosei Gold 02/10/17 11:37 PM

I think Zordon was a former Ranger in the TV show too . We just never saw images of him as a Ranger. I am glad for the storyline since it kept us guessing.

No Green Spandex 02/11/17 08:11 AM

The idea of Rita being formally a Green Ranger ia intriguing. I can get behind that Green Spandex. Zordon being Red would give them an interesting backstory.

Red Spandex Forever 02/11/17 08:45 PM

I wonder what kid of a Red Ranger was he?

MattEmily 02/11/17 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightspeed Zeo (Post 64131)
I just want the mentors to be competent and wise.

exactly. That's the whole point of being a Mentor - to be competent, wise, to give advice and to train.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gosei Gold (Post 64137)
I think Zordon was a former Ranger in the TV show too . We just never saw images of him as a Ranger. I am glad for the storyline since it kept us guessing.

I don't. It makes no sense for them to omit such an important detail in the show if he was once a Ranger himself.

Khan's Wrath 02/12/17 10:00 AM

I think he was the last Power Ranger of his generation. He was able to bring the Power Rangers back for a new generation.

Polly Want A Megazord 02/12/17 12:49 PM

There is no evidence that Zordon was ever a Ranger in the TV show. But I see no reason he can't be one in the new movie universe.

Rangerlord 02/12/17 07:50 PM

I think it isn't right. Movie Zordon should at least have the back story his tv counterpart did.

Captain Codfish 02/13/17 09:15 PM

Why not make the new Zordon a former Ranger? They can give him whatever backstory they want. Since this film is its own universe.

Inner Senshi 02/13/17 09:15 PM

As long as they don't make Zordon bad.

Goldar's Revenge 02/15/17 08:03 AM

Zordon was definitely not a former Ranger in the series. The new movie verse is not beholden to that however.

Lord Drakkon 02/16/17 11:08 PM

Its more likely that Zedd was a former Ranger. Especially given what we know about AU Tommy in the Boom Comics. I could see Zedd being similar to Lord Drakken in the main PR timeline.

Racecar Ronny 02/16/17 11:14 PM

They never really showed that he was a Power Rangers on the show. The movie can do there own thing. So its fine to have movie Zordon be a former Ranger. They should be trying to be different anyway.

Racecar Ronny 02/16/17 11:24 PM

I think Zordon was the student of the final Morphing Masters. But they weren't Rangers themselves. They just guided them and used magic from the grid. Which is why Zordon was called a wizard.

Zabitan 02/19/17 11:32 PM

If that's true that's cool.

I'm not sure if that true in the show though.

If it was I always imagined he was Akaranger from Goranger.

Sentai Master 02/20/17 12:17 PM

Thats not a bad idea. I don't think they will revisit this on the show.

Movie Ranger 02/20/17 10:46 PM

I think he is and I like it. Why not have Zordon be a Ranger?