Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   The RPM /Samurai Team up (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=4330)

PRangerX 11/22/11 05:17 PM

The RPM /Samurai Team up

What does everyone think about the RPM/Samurai team up. Which seems to feature a suited up RPM red that is from another demension?

MattEmily 11/22/11 09:46 PM

Re: The RPM /Samurai Team up

I'm not sure what to think of it. I'm happy that they're doing a teamup since it basically implies that they want to get back to the seasonal tradition of teamups with the previous team however I'm concerned as well since we have no clue what to expect from it including if any of the actors have returned or not.

mbozzo 12/04/11 05:39 PM

I think that having RPM Red in the team up episode was a grand idea. I just wish that Saban used the other RPM Rangers in that episode, too. :(

MattEmily 12/04/11 09:08 PM

Yeah, it was an interesting idea and it was a decent episode however I'm very disappointed that the other 6 RPM Rangers weren't there. Yeah... sure... Scott was there as Ranger Red but you never really saw him at all. It was just some actor voicing him so that they didn't have to worry about finding a time for Eka to be there. Yes, I do believe the person credited for doing Scott's voice in the teamup is indeed Eka himself.

Also I wasn't happy with the whole alternate dimension thing. Why didn't they do a wormhole or time hole thing? You don't even have to say what year RPM is set in. You can just have the Narrator say "In a future year, the world was tormented by machines that conquered the world except for 1 last domed city."

Not to mention there's also the fact with the whole out of order thing. Jayden with Super Mode. Ranger Red with his Shark Attack Mode. The Sharkzord and the Samurai Shark Megazord. Also you can see Antonio holding his Lanternzord in 1 scene.

Kamen Rider Decade 12/05/11 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 43113)
Also I wasn't happy with the whole alternate dimension thing.

RPM from the very beginning was written as alternate dimension.

Quote:

Not to mention there's also the fact with the whole out of order thing.

Nothing new about that this season.

Jayden used Super Mode, Shark Attack Mode, & Mega Shark Mode.

Mnikolic 12/05/11 08:04 AM

Quote:

Yeah, it was an interesting idea and it was a decent episode however I'm very disappointed that the other 6 RPM Rangers weren't there. Yeah... sure... Scott was there as Ranger Red but you never really saw him at all. It was just some actor voicing him so that they didn't have to worry about finding a time for Eka to be there. Yes, I do believe the person credited for doing Scott's voice in the teamup is indeed Eka himself.

Also I wasn't happy with the whole alternate dimension thing. Why didn't they do a wormhole or time hole thing? You don't even have to say what year RPM is set in. You can just have the Narrator say "In a future year, the world was tormented by machines that conquered the world except for 1 last domed city."

Not to mention there's also the fact with the whole out of order thing. Jayden with Super Mode. Ranger Red with his Shark Attack Mode. The Sharkzord and the Samurai Shark Megazord. Also you can see Antonio holding his Lanternzord in 1 scene.

As KRD said, RPM is set in another dimension. The fact that none of the previous KNOWN Ranger teams are mentioned, kind of confirms that. Safe for Jungle Fury Rangers because of Jungle Karma Pizza sign.. I guess a version of te JF Rangers that we saw in PRJF might have been around before the whole Venjix stuff took place in the RPM dimension. There's no mention of... for example Tommy, Alpha(s), Zordon... even the Morphing Grid is named differently (Bio Field). I guess a version of the Andrew's Ranger team existed, due to the brief appereance of the Red Ranger helmet from season which I'm not going to name...

Besides, the time thing has been done to death already... First in S2 where Zedd changes everyone to kids or when Kimberly ends up in the Wild West, than in S3 when Master Vile reverts the time on Earth and the Rangers are sent trough time to find the Zeo sub-crystals, than in Time Force (Ransik, Q-Rex), Wild Force (Reinfrocements), Ninja Storm (Cam), SPD (History, Wormhole) and MF (Dark Wish)... Before, the different universes stuff hasen't been done in PR before (safe for Zordon warning his Rangers "Don't do that or watch out that or you'll end up stuck in another dimension forever" at least a million times), so introducing the alternate dimension concept in Power Rangers was a very brilliant move for the writers...

Also, having RPM set in the same PRU as the other seasons would involve some massive Ranger genocide, and I don't think that's good for a show likePR is... ;

P.S.: This team-up is clearly set during some episodes of the upcoming "Super Samurai" "season" (i.e. PRS, part II)...

MattEmily 12/05/11 05:56 PM

Yes, Eddie claimed it was intended to be an alternate dimension when he penned the show but once he was canned, that went out the window and it didn't have to be an alternate dimension. Jonathan just felt like doing it to anger fans because he thinks it's better that way - the way that Sentai does it since he's just a Sentai-obsessed fanboy who thinks Power Rangers should be exactly like Sentai.

And not mentioning previous Rangers doesn't really mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. Ninja Storm never mentioned any previous Rangers by name, the only continuity reference it had during the season is mentioning Triforia, the home of Trey, the Gold Ranger.

Jungle Fury didn't have any continuty references at all other than RJ mentioning how he knew someone who gave him access to the Morphin' Grid.

Yeah, the time thing has definitely been done to death but personally now that they've opened up the alternate dimension thing, that means they can put any previous season into an alternate dimension whether we like it or not.

PRangerX 12/05/11 10:41 PM

I actually don't mind RPM being an alternate universe here. I'm not keen on the other seasons being alternate , if they ever go that route ( besides maybe TF's future and SPD). I don't like the future being set in stone. Especially an apoclyptic one. With so many different seasons it doesn't make sense to me for the PRU to slave to the RPM future. I can understand why some fans feel differently. But I actually think the parrall universe angle is original from what we have gotten in the past. Its not a trend I want continued though.

MattEmily 12/06/11 01:41 AM

You do have a point. It was an original idea.. but my whole problem with that is because now it opens up the chance of any season not being in the current continuity. If Tzachor wanted to, he could make it so that only MMPR-Galaxy was in 1 continuity then Lightspeed-Wild Force would be in another continuity then the Disney-Kiwi seasons would be in another continuity and Samurai would be in another continuity. It basically opens up a whole can of worms that could definitely end up happening. Tzachor could even make it so that none of the seasons are even in continuity with one another. Sure, some of them have teamups and such but I don't believe Tzachor really cares.

Also you do have a point about if RPM was in the current continuity then the future would be set in stone however that would automatically wipe SPD out because their year was 2025 and aliens were actually living peacefully with humans even before that year considering you could see Aliens harassing Z when she was little. I don't know how old she would have been in the flashback but at best it probably would have been maybe 2015 or something like that or maybe even 2011.

GSXT 12/06/11 04:08 AM

he mix both movies footage for this teamup

MattEmily 12/08/11 05:54 PM

That is the part that kind of surprises me about the teamup. That they ended up using footage from the 2 movies in it. Granted I don't know what was in the regular movie that they ended up using but personally I couldn't even tell at all.

Zabitan 12/18/11 05:57 PM

Just to chime in my 2 cents on the whole "Alternate universe" thing with RPM there's not just RPM but also Jonathan Tzachor saying he views the Disney seasons as non canon.

Plus unless they want to do an ass ton of editing, and original footage or just skip it altogther there's the issue of having pre Zyuranger Sentai teams in Gokaiger.

So maybe the whole "alternate universe" is just a safety net so that they can explain all the various past rangers showing up.

MattEmily 12/18/11 06:38 PM

True, it's been claimed Tzachor stated that however keep in mind he also didn't want them to put Ninja Storm through and including RPM on the website either. So hopefully Saban and his right-hand people won't allow Tzachor to put Ninja Storm-Jungle Fury in alternate dimensions.

Indeed, there is the issue of pre-Zyuranger teams in Gokaiger but keep in mind there's also Dairanger as well which we didn't get in terms of the Ranger suits except for Tommy's White Ranger powers. Plus there are other ways to deal with the pre-Zyuranger teams without pulling the alternate dimension or alternate timeline card.

After all every new team they usually act as if there was no other team before them. Taylor was active in Turtle Cove during the time Time Force was still fighting Ransik and his mutants yet they didn't know of each other until their teamup.
So basically they could say the pre-Zyuranger teams are just teams from other planets, galaxies or universes. The only issue they would have is Battle Fever J because it would kinda need to have an Earth-based excuse but you could just say it was once a secret agency team that had to retire and hide their powers once the government tried spying on them.

Also there is the option of not even using the pre-Zyu teams. There's really not a whole lot of editing to be done with those teams to begin with anyway. They would just need to cut out the footage and that's basically it. Granted filming new footage is something that they're capable of since we've seen evidence of it before but the question is, would they be willing to? Since the question they need to ask themselves is whether they want to use the money that they have in order to bring back previous actors or if they want to use it for more original footage.

PRangerX 12/18/11 08:59 PM

They will never be able to completely get rid of the Disney Seasons. Tzachor's supposed attempt to take them off the website failed. There is too much money to be made. I do fear that they will be contridicted with the Gokaiger adaption. But we will have to see.

MattEmily 12/18/11 09:10 PM

Yup, that is what I'm worried about but I'm hoping the higher-ups won't allow him to do a hacking of the other previous Disney teams.

Kamen Rider Decade 12/19/11 12:18 AM

DT proved Doug was absolutely clueless about his own PR history. There were so many inconsistencies the only way for it not to look bad is if they were trying to establish an alternate reality for the crap era under Disney.

That is just plain sad and made me lose what little respect I had for the guy after his comic book line in NS.

MattEmily 12/19/11 04:45 AM

What do you mean inconsistencies? I never caught anything that would be inconsistent in Dino Thunder. Just bad mistakes they made with "Legacy of Power" but that wasn't necessarily their fault, they just had to condense it.

Now with SPD and the whole "brutally injured thing due to the big Sword attack yet once they morph they're perfectly healthy thing" I'll give you.

Kamen Rider Decade 12/19/11 01:27 PM

From Tommy's video diary of his life as a Power Ranger:
  • Sword of Darkness called Power Sword, in proper Power Ranger history the Power Sword belongs to the Red Ranger as his personal weapon.
  • "Power Sword" was destroyed by Tommy with the other’s help, in proper PR history the Sword of Darkness was fueling the evil in Tommy and it was not destroyed by Tommy at all but by Jason or the entire team.
  • At one point he says the Green Ranger Power was only temporary, in proper PR history Rita was stealing the power, Tommy gave it to Jason so Rita couldn't get it, later Tommy took it back up but lacked enough power to keep it forever, Zordon had to fuel it himself, eventually Tommy used it up completely and ended the power's existence forever.
  • No mention of Katherine being under an evil spell
  • No mention of Vile or him turning back time
  • No mention of the Alien Rangers having come to Earth to save the Earth
  • No mention of the Zeo Crystal Quest
  • No mention of Trey
  • No mention of Phantom Ranger and Blue Senturian
  • He said the loss of the Command Center destruction means loss of Turbo powers, in proper PR history the invasion of Eltar disconnected the link between the Turbo Powers power source and the Turbo Ranger's morpher.
  • No mention of any Battlizers other than Leo’s
  • No mention of Scorpious
  • No mention of Magna Defender nor Mike who were essential in Terra Venture's escape from the Lost Galaxy.
  • No mention of Karone replacing the first Ranger to ever die, nor that dead Ranger’s resurrection
  • No mention of Ryan being evil at first
  • No mention of Alex, nor his death and resurrection
  • No mention of Merrick being the evil Zen-Aku first
  • No mention of Forever Red, Haley or the other DT Rangers said the video diary was about Tommy's life as a Power Ranger yet it neglects to mention the biggest battle he was ever in and orchestrated.
  • He specifically states that he had no Ranger powers at the time in direct contradiction to Forever Red which proved he could still morph into Zeo Red Ranger.

MattEmily 12/19/11 03:10 PM

You do have a point. Granted they make mistakes with names at times and remember Tommy is narrating the video diary and he does have a bad memory.

Also the Sword of Darkness was destroyed by Jason but it's not the first time they've called it a Power Sword. I recall 1 other instance of them doing such a thing even when the writers should have known better.

Yeah, the Green Ranger powers being temporary, I'll give you that but keep in mind it was only 1 episode and they had to condense it. Doesn't mean it's inconsistent. It just means they avoided some things. Granted the temporary Green Ranger powers is an inconsistent thing so I'll give you that one.

Yes, the conquering of Eltar definitely meant the Turbo Rangers lost their powers but it's possible Tommy wasn't aware of the attack being at the same time as Divatox's attack on the Power Chamber.

You have a point with Scorpius and the Magna Defender though.
You do have a point with Karone as well as the death of Karone.
You have a point with Merrick and Zen-Aku.

Yes, it was a video about Tommy's life as a Power Ranger but that doesn't mean removing "Forever Red" is inconsistent. None of the teamups were mentioned. It's likely why they avoided the whole Kendrix/Karone stuff. They wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

It doesn't mean not mentioning something is inconsistent. It just means they wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

And yes, he said he had no powers at the "present time." That doesn't mean it's inconsistent. We don't even know if he still had his Zeo powers or not. Sure, he used them in "Forever Red" but that was "Forever Red."

Mnikolic 12/19/11 07:03 PM

Tommy's video diary was inconsistent because Dino Thunder was the second season produced by Ranger Productions Limited and Disney didn't bother to check out the series properly so they could put together a 100 % correct video diary. Also, because the MMPR Productions crew was finally 100 % fired after the production of Wild Force had been completed, the change of continent and the new New Zealand crew NOT being at the same level as the Saban one have contributed to lower tech quality of the series, not to mention the writing and filming. Of course it all got better by the time Dino Thunder had ended/SPD had begun. The new crew had some catching up to do to get into the game and they also needed to get some experience when it came to do a Power Rangers show.

Watch Linkara's video review of Ninja Storm. Yes, Tommy has a bad memory, even his actor, JDF may have bad memory, but if the script for the damn anniversarry episode would be done like it should, Tommy would fill us in on the PR history correctly and he wouldn't stop listing individual Rangers after Lost Galaxy and Cole would get his screen time in the diary and not just Gao Red.

For the diary inconsistencies, the production crew is to blame. They didn't do their homework for the 500th episode.

To quote Linkara:
Quote:

HOW TO YOU MESS UP THE AUDIO FROM THE OLD EPISODES!?!?!?!

MattEmily 12/19/11 07:18 PM

Granted the mistakes were done because the writers didn't do their homework but it's not because Ranger Productions or Disney was in charge.

Also both Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder were produced by members who used to work on MMPR. Granted Doug Sloan only worked on the show until the first half of Turbo.

Also like I stated above they had to condense some things. Dino Thunder wasn't an anniversary, only "Legacy of Power" was celebrated as a special episode because it was its 500th episode. If they had given it 2 episodes then it likely would have been better but they only got 1 episode to do it so they had to do what they did. Doesn't mean it's completely inconsistent. Sure, they made some mistakes but they only had 1 episode to put it in. That means there will things left out.

Also I never noticed any audio problems at all with "Legacy of Power" so I have no clue what Linkara was even talkin' about in regards to that.

Fact of the matter is, the writers wrote "Legacy of Power" the way they did in order to keep it simple. Not to basically explain every last important detail about every team as well as their adventures. That would take at least 3 episodes in order to do so. If you want to blame someone for the writers' decision to neglect stuff in the video diary then blame Disney because they were only given a certain amount of episodes so their only option was to condense things. Hence why they had to say Tommy's Green Ranger powers were only temporary. Sure, they could have mention something about Rita's spell making them be temporary but that would have been longer which meant they would have needed to cut something else.

Fact is they did the best they could. Neglecting something doesn't mean it's inconsistent or a continuity violation or basically the "end of the world" like some people make it out to be. It just means they decided to not mention it. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. It just means they didn't bring it up.

PRangerX 12/19/11 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 43249)
Granted the mistakes were done because the writers didn't do their homework but it's not because Ranger Productions or Disney was in charge.

Also both Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder were produced by members who used to work on MMPR. Granted Doug Sloan only worked on the show until the first half of Turbo.

Also like I stated above they had to condense some things. Dino Thunder wasn't an anniversary, only "Legacy of Power" was celebrated as a special episode because it was its 500th episode. If they had given it 2 episodes then it likely would have been better but they only got 1 episode to do it so they had to do what they did. Doesn't mean it's completely inconsistent. Sure, they made some mistakes but they only had 1 episode to put it in. That means there will things left out.

Also I never noticed any audio problems at all with "Legacy of Power" so I have no clue what Linkara was even talkin' about in regards to that.

Fact of the matter is, the writers wrote "Legacy of Power" the way they did in order to keep it simple. Not to basically explain every last important detail about every team as well as their adventures. That would take at least 3 episodes in order to do so. If you want to blame someone for the writers' decision to neglect stuff in the video diary then blame Disney because they were only given a certain amount of episodes so their only option was to condense things. Hence why they had to say Tommy's Green Ranger powers were only temporary. Sure, they could have mention something about Rita's spell making them be temporary but that would have been longer which meant they would have needed to cut something else.

Fact is they did the best they could. Neglecting something doesn't mean it's inconsistent or a continuity violation or basically the "end of the world" like some people make it out to be. It just means they decided to not mention it. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. It just means they didn't bring it up.

Agreed.

Just to make notes on other ideas brought up here. It can be assumed that the Ranger teams lost their powers before "Legacy of Power". At least thats one theory.

Also one fan theory states that the Turbo Rangers actually didn't lose their powers when the Power Chamber blew up. It was because of the Eltar invasion. They we're seemingly restored afterwards , since Justin and TJ both had access.

I don't think anyone was going to be 100 percent happy with what "Legacy" did. There simply wasn't enough time to include every detail. They already had another special episode in "Fighting Spirit", so doing a second part to "Legacy of Power" was probably out of the question. And even then they'd probably have to omit stuff.

At the end of the day its a lot better then trying to shoehorn Rita as Mystic Mother or Thrax and Zedd/Rita's son ( when he was shown fighting Sentinal Knight millions of years ago).

Kamen Rider Decade 12/19/11 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 43251)
Also one fan theory states that the Turbo Rangers actually didn't lose their powers when the Power Chamber blew up. It was because of the Eltar invasion. They we're seemingly restored afterwards , since Justin and TJ both had access.

That is NOT a fan theory. That is pure fact.

Justin spoke of Eltar as "the source of all [their] powers" - Chase into Space, part 1

Around the time Eltar fell to Dark Specter, the Turbo Rangers lost their powers. After the teens lost their powers the Power Chamber was destroyed. - Chase into Space, part 2

Believe me or not, I am not going to argue over it. If the PR fandom is to stupid to recognize PR fact from PR fan theory I am not going to waste my breath more than to state they are wrong.

Mnikolic 12/20/11 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 43249)

I agree with most of the things you said.

Except for the audio problems in Tommy's diary. Watch the Zeo segment in Tommy's diary and compare it to the Zeo premiere. They clearly messed with the audio there. ;)

If some of the MMPR people still worked on DT, than they should've done a more accurate diary. But yeah, Disney has been lame in giving the amount of episodes per season, especially since Mystic Force.

MattEmily 12/20/11 08:59 AM

PRangerX, I hate to say it but Kamen does have a point in regards to the Turbo powers.

First of all, Justin actually stated that Eltar was the source of their powers.

Second of all, they were still morphed after the Power Chamber blew up. They ended up demorphing at some point after "The Messenger" spoke with Divatox which should signal that it was at that point that Eltar fell. Sure, Zordon was already captured by that point but Justin never said Zordon was the source of their powers, he just simply said "Eltar" was the source of their powers.

If the Power Chamber was actually the source of their powers then it would have demorphed them instantly.

PRangerX 12/20/11 09:36 AM

My memory was just a little off there. I used fan theory to protect myself since I couldn't fully remember if it was fact at the time I posted that. Yeah the power source did come from Eltar. At some point the powers we're probably destoryed when Eltar itself was restored. As we see from "True Blue To The Rescue" and "Forever Red".

MattEmily 12/20/11 11:08 AM

Who knows whether the powers were destroyed or not. It could be that there was no need for anyone to check on the powers once Eltar was restored since most of the 2nd team had the Space powers at the time and why bother with a set of powers where most of their arsenal had been destroyed?

All they had left at the end of Turbo were their sidearm stuff (Turbo Navigators, Blades, Blasters) and Artillatron... oh... oops... I forgot that they still had the Turbine Laser too... I think. Anyway the Robo Racer was likely still usuable but we don't know what happened to it since the Blue Senturion had went to Eltar. He was last seen fighting off U.A.E. forces... with I think the Phantom Ranger if I recall correctly.

MattEmily 05/25/12 04:56 PM

Also I wanted to add something else to this as well.

Someone calling the "Sword of Darkness" the Power Sword is an error that has been made before. Zack called it as such "the Power Sword" in "Green with Evil, Part 5" so people can't use that to say whether the video diary is consistent or not. They've made the error before and it will happen again.

MattEmily 05/25/12 09:00 PM

Also I just thought of something else as well. Even though they called the video diary a history of Tommy's life, I don't believe all of it was meant to be his history. think about it, when they were getting info on Time Force, Hayley stated that it was retrieving more history... which means only the story of Tommy's life was likely included. Everything else had just been retrieved by a highly advanced program.