Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Do you consider Eric a Red Ranger? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7337)

Red Spandex Forever 09/10/16 11:59 PM

Do you consider Eric a Red Ranger?

I think he is...Quantum is Red . Eric had that Alpha Red mentality. "Forever Red" shows him as a Red Ranger.

Doctor Dana 09/11/16 12:00 AM

Re: Do you consider Eric a Red Ranger?

I don't really consider him a Red. Thats like calling Titanium Ranger a Black Ranger. I don't know why Eric was in FR?

Captain Mutiny 09/11/16 12:02 AM

He was... "Forever Red" confirms is it. It makes sense since Eric and Wes were rivals. Quantum was an earlier prototype for the TF Powers. TF Red was probably most like it.

MattEmily 09/11/16 10:56 AM

I don't consider him a Red Ranger even though he was considered a Red Ranger for "Forever Red" but that was only done since they needed 10 Red Rangers for the teamup.

Jen's Revenge 09/11/16 11:55 AM

I wonder if there are other Quantum Morphers that each have their own color?.

No Green Spandex 09/11/16 12:10 PM

He was a Red Ranger. Which makes him even more interesting.

Chef Mia 09/11/16 12:12 PM

The only season with two full time Red Rangers was Samurai. And there was a good reason for that.

Power Rangers Forever 09/11/16 12:21 PM

I always hated that they copied that plotline. To me , Jayden should have been the only Red. As he was clearly presented as the chosen one. His big secret just contradicted that to appease the Sentai.

Massive Ego 09/11/16 12:24 PM

Eric was both a Sixth and a Red. No question about it.

As for the Samurai Red Ranger thing? It was prettt stupid just like most of the disapointing season.

Samurai Forever 09/11/16 12:26 PM

Really? Samurai was amazing! It was a breath of fresh air that really started the Neo Saban Era off strong. Especially after RPM nearly killed the franchise.

Sentai Master 09/11/16 08:35 PM

There is only one Red Ranger. As said above, Samurai was a unique circumstance.

Goldar's Revenge 09/14/16 10:19 PM

Eric's appearance in FR makes it hard to argue that he wasn't Red. That was clearly Amit's intension. No non-Reds were allowed. We know that from that cut scene with Carter telling Max he couldn't come.

KimandTommy 09/15/16 11:17 AM

Eric wasn't a Red Ranger. I thought it was silly that he was in FR. But it was pretty wierd episode. I never really liked those seasons anyway. It was nice to see Tommy and Jason again.

Call Titanus 09/15/16 07:50 PM

Its confusing though. How can he be a Red Ranger and Sixth Ranger at the same time?

Starlight Starbrite 09/16/16 08:18 AM

Why is it zo hard to believe he could be Red? The costume itself is mostly red.

Quantum Hunter 09/16/16 11:29 AM

Doesn't really matter to me. Eric was a great character. He was the best Sixth Ranger ever. Even better than Tommy. I like that he wasn't under some evil spell. His flaws were due to himself. This made him a more interesting character.

Red Spandex Forever 09/16/16 11:32 AM

Eric was diffinitly different. A human version of the first Megna Defender in some ways.

Turbo Black 09/16/16 11:01 PM

Eric was deffinitly a Red Ranger. It added to his rivalery with Wes.

True Blue 09/16/16 11:38 PM

Eric was the Quantum Ranger, not a Red. He shouldn't have been in "Forever Red". That episode made no sense anyway.

Eric should have been a villain . He was selfish and only cared about himself. Time Force should have ended with the battle between Wes and Eric for the future.

PRangerX 09/18/16 05:17 PM

Eric was clearly intended to be a Red in "Forever Red". I see no reason why he can't be considered one.

Superstatler 09/18/16 05:18 PM

Its weird how they insisted on it being only a Red Ranger mission. That made no sense. wouldn't they want as many Rangers as they could get?

No Green Spandex 09/18/16 05:20 PM

It was probably Tommy's idea.

Captain Mutiny 09/18/16 05:24 PM

They wanted all the leaders or leader types. The mission was a small covert one. The other Rangers were needed to protect Earth.

Jen's Revenge 09/18/16 05:27 PM

Makes me wonder if Rocky was left on Earth as a back up Red in case the others didn't make it.

Sentai Is Forever 09/18/16 05:28 PM

I wish they would adapted the Super Sentai anniversary team up. It would have been much easier and less controversial.

MattEmily 09/18/16 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever (Post 57891)
I wish they would adapted the Super Sentai anniversary team up. It would have been much easier and less controversial.

I bet to differ since you would have some people whining "why is Jonathan Tzachor being lazy and copying Sentai again?"

Granted it would have been nice to see that opening narration of the previous villains and previous Ranger teams but otherwise they wouldn't have been able to do anything since it included a lot of Ranger teams yet the only ones that Power Rangers would be using from the footage would be MMPR, Blue Galaxy, Red Space, Pink Space and of course the other Red Rangers including Red Alien Ranger, Zeo Ranger 5, Red Turbo Ranger, Red Galaxy Ranger and Red Time Force Ranger and as I recall each one spoke which would have created a lot of money issues as well for Disney since that would have been as follows:

MMPR = 5 actors with David Yost being Blue and likely Karan Ashley being Yellow since I think Yellow had said something.
Alien Rangers = David Bacon as Aurico.
Zeo = JDF as Tommy
Turbo = Selwyn Ward as T.J.
Space = Patricia as Cassie and Christopher Khayman Lee as Andros.
Galaxy = Archie Kao as Blue and Danny Slavin as Red.
Lightspeed = Sean Cw Johnson as Carter.
Time Force = Jason Faunt as Wes.

Sentai Master 09/19/16 12:12 AM

I liked the Sentai team up but I also liked FR. I see no reason why they needed to copy Sentai. Both were good. I think of the two as two different shows anyway. I don't see why they necessarily need to copy from each other.

Mega Mission 09/19/16 12:14 AM

I loved "Forever Red" and wouldn't change anything about it.

Doctor Dana 09/19/16 12:18 AM

I just didn't like the part where the Wild Rider finished off Surpenterra by itself. It made no sense. They should have used the Astro Megazord.

Ranger Hero 09/19/16 12:22 AM

Forever Red was way to rushed. That scene irked me too. It made no sense that a Wild Rider would destory the Zord. Also why was it on the moon. And how did Jason and TJ get their powers back. Not to mention why was Tommy Zeo Red. Jason didn't act like himself at all. The episode should have been a five parter.

Goldar's Revenge 09/19/16 12:28 AM

It was supposed to be a three parter at one point. But it wasn't in the budget. It almost didn't get made at all but Eric pushed for it. The final battle was originally supposed to have Megazords in it. But they had no budget for that. Bandai offered to give them the money they needed for the final battle if they used the Wild Rider. Tzachor reasoned that the Wild Rider was so powerful because Animus was like a God. Who of course gave the Rider to Cole in the first place.

The episode was what it was. A Celebration of the 10th year anniversay of Power Rangers. I feel it handled everything well. There wasn't a lot of time for opposition. According to Amit Bhaumik, Jason got his powers back from the evil Red Ranger from the Ninja Ranger comics. TJ never lost his powers ( only temporally because of Eltar being invaded) and many think he got them back from Lighting Cruiser like Justin did with Mountain Blaster. The Zeo Powers were never lost so there is no reason why Tommy couldn't access the powers. Jason and Tommy had a falling out before the episode.

Adam White Tiger 09/19/16 03:54 PM

Eric was a rip off of the Megna Defender.