Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Astronema should have stayed dead (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8219)

Evil Astronema 11/27/17 12:21 PM

Astronema should have stayed dead

I think Astronema magically coming back to life too away from the drama of C2D. Space needed to end on a somewhat tragic note i think.

MattEmily 11/27/17 12:28 PM

Re: Astronema should have stayed dead

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Astronema (Post 69261)
I think Astronema magically comint back to life too away from the drama of C2D. Space needed to end on a somewaht tragic note i think.

Fox Kids wouldn't have allowed it since she's a human character so it would've been out of their (Saban's) control but I did think it was interesting how it was done it just wasn't a case of her waking up once the Z-Wave went through which would've been the most predictable thing ever but instead it was because of Andros' tears that brought her back to life.

No Green Spandex 11/27/17 12:33 PM

An interesting idea but then the whole Cyber Brainwash plot would have been ignored.

Zordon's Heroes 11/27/17 07:35 PM

Yeah the Cyber Astronema plot wouldn't have made sense then.

MMPR Forever 11/27/17 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattemily (Post 69263)
fox kids wouldn't have allowed it since she's a human character so it would've been out of their (saban's) control but i did think it was interesting how it was done it just wasn't a case of her waking up once the z-wave went through which would've been the most predictable thing ever but instead it was because of andros' tears that brought her back to life.

i agree but that type of think should never be allowed anyway.

Falconzord Commander 11/27/17 10:04 PM

It would have been more dramatic . I must admit that I have a soft spot for Karone though.

MattEmily 11/27/17 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falconzord Commander (Post 69342)
I MUST ADMIT i have a soft spot for Karone though.

what boy doesn't? she's hot. I don't know where these casting directors find these females at but generally most teams have had at least 1 good looking female on it and possibly she was hot as well.

Falconzord Commander 11/27/17 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 69345)
what boy doesn't? she's hot. I don't know where these casting directors find these females at but generally most teams have had at least 1 good looking female on it and possibly she was hot as well.

Indeed, but I was also talking about her character and storyline As well as her family relationship to Andros. The quest to get her back was a huge part of Space. Just as much as the team was trying to rescue Zordon.

Ninja Storm Fan 11/27/17 10:22 PM

This would have been a bad move. Not that I care about Space.

MMPR Supreme 11/27/17 10:32 PM

This would have violated the spirit of the show.

Siren Ranger 11/28/17 07:50 AM

I think they really needed a happy ending to the Andros/Karone storyline. Astronema already turned good earlier in the season anyway.

Saban Fan 11/28/17 08:14 AM

I can't see Saban signing off on this. Especially since he put so much hard work into the storyline with Andros and Astronema.

PRangerX 11/28/17 08:26 AM

I can't argue that there would have ban a certain narrative enhancement to doing this. But as I fan of the storyline I wanted the happy ending. Especially since we only got a glimpse of the real Karone before Cyber Astronema. I also share the concern of it being at odds with the Cyber Astronema storyline. Since we know Astronema wasn't truly evil at that point. But it was confusing at the same time since sometimes they acted like she was

Astronema 11/29/17 12:37 AM

She needed to stay alive, she earned the right when she turned good. It was cool to see Karone finally free of the evil influence.