Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Chase Into Space better than Countdown? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8430)

PRangerX 12/28/17 06:30 PM

Chase Into Space better than Countdown?

Here is a question I have had in the back of my mind lately. I am one of the fans that vienes "Countdown To Destruction" as the best episode of Power Rangers ever. But when you think about it "Chase Into Space" could arguably be better. Its like the Empire Strikes Back of Power Rangers! Whereas "Countdown" is return of the Jedi ( I guess the poorly acting extras are the ewoks lol).The new Empire is considered the better film in a lot of circles.

I feel there is similar dynamic in play for the two episodes in question here! "Chase" challenges are characters by putting the m in a perilous positkon. In the end they barely survive but are more determined than ever! The iending ahot of the Rangers going onto Space is making the mlst dramatic in Power Rangers . It makes for an excellent cliffhanger given all the events of the episodes.

Now for me personally, I still give "Countdown" the nod. But I feel its a good question and there is certainly an arguement in the other direction. In a lot lf ways "Chase "is underrated and sometimes flrgotten when we discuss the big smoz finale.

Starlight Supreme 12/28/17 06:32 PM

Re: Chase Into Space better than Countdown?

It is a good question. But I still say "Countdown To Destruction" is better. It had just as much drama as "Chase Into Space". And the ending was very well done ane important to the PRU.

Turbo Guy 12/28/17 06:34 PM

I didn't think the finale really matched the Turbo season enough. It was too serious. Turbo was a whacky season that was supposed to be fun.

No Green Spandex 12/28/17 09:15 PM

Good points. I think the Turbo finale does get overlooked sometimes.

A Zeo Ending 12/28/17 09:21 PM

I wish Zeo had a ending as gooe as Chase or Countdown. The season was too good not to have one. Turbo was so bad and even it got one. Chase should have been the Zeo Finale. If they weren't going to continue Zeo, tney could have skipped right to Space.

Massive Ego 12/29/17 09:54 AM

I miss when the show was this deep. Talk about debating two great episodes.

Polly Want A Megazord 12/29/17 10:01 AM

The only part I like out of the two episodes is Zordon's Wave. Even though its sad that he had to die. The rest of the episodes were too much of a disaster movie. Not something I want in Power Rangers. Not at that degree anyway.

No Green Spandex 12/29/17 10:11 AM

I really love "Countdown To Destruction" butI would have to say "Chase Into Space" is the bestt episode. For the reasons the op presented. Cliffhanger finale's are usually better. Usually the resolution is not nearly as good. But Space gave a very good resolution in this case.

A Gia To Remember 12/29/17 09:01 PM

Good points. I can't decided which episode I like better lol.

I Love Lothor 12/29/17 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Zeo Ending (Post 71386)
I wish Zeo had a ending as gooe as Chase or Countdown. The season was too good not to have one. Turbo was so bad and even it got one. Chase should have been the Zeo Finale. If they weren't going to continue Zeo, tney could have skipped right to Space.

I actually like the Zeo Finale better. I like more lighthearted pr.

Sky's Bridge 12/29/17 10:12 PM

C2D was good but CIS was way better. The suspense and drama were unparalleled. There has never been a more dramatic scene then the scene of the Rangers watchinf in horror has the foot soldiers barricade their way into the Power Chambers. it was amazing that after Zedd, Rita, and the Machines; Divatox's forces were the ones that took out the Power Chamber for good. The Turbo Rangers transformed into the heroes we knew in Space thanks to this finale.

Superhero Galaxy 12/29/17 10:47 PM

I prefer to think of Chase as Part 1 and 2 of the Space Premiere. Countdown is a heck of a coda though.

Ranger Black 12/30/17 02:45 PM

Chase was better because of its darker ending.

Astro Omega 12/30/17 02:45 PM

Countdown did have Zordon killed. Thats pretty dark to me.

Bandora's Ghost 12/30/17 02:47 PM

But it was a noble death that saved everyone. Plus Zordon said he would exist forever in all that was good.

Miki1988 12/30/17 04:19 PM

^The good being students who give out new powers and weapons to Rangers without any reason.

MattEmily 12/30/17 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miki1988 (Post 71458)
^The good being students who give out new powers and weapons to Rangers without any reason.

not just them but also those Rangers who fight for good as well as their allies like Hayley, Kat Manx, Birdy, Silverback, Niella, Clare and the Sentinel Knight among others.

Ranger Master 12/30/17 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miki1988 (Post 71458)

Your right Zordon was very much a cruel despot who used teenagers to fight his wars for him. Earth did benfit from his sacrifice in the Space Finalie. But it never would have been in trouble if Zordon didn't come to Earth.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed 12/30/17 09:14 PM

Thats mostly true I would stop short of calling him evil. But he was ruthless and guilty of a lot of bad things. But Zordon was a necessary thing for Earth in the sense that the UAE would have run wild at some point without him. They might not have reached Earth until much later though.

KimandTommy 12/30/17 09:22 PM

Zordon wasn't ambitous or evil. He was like a father to all the Rangers. He was the guardian of the galaxy. And it was a big loss for the forces of good to lose him. I blame the Space Rangers for not getting the job done himself.

MattEmily 12/30/17 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger Master (Post 71462)
Your right Zordon was very much a cruel despot who used teenagers to fight his wars for him. Earth did benfit from his sacrifice in the Space Finalie. But it never would have been in trouble if Zordon didn't come to Earth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zordon's Legacy Exposed (Post 71463)
Thats mostly true I would!d stop short of calling him evil. But he was ruthless and guilty of a lot of bad things. But Zordon was a necessary thing for Earth in the sense that the UAE would have run wild at some point without him. They might not have reached Earth until much later though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 71464)
Zordon wasn't ambitous or evil. He was like a father to all the Rangers. He was the guardian of the galaxy. And it was a big loss for the forces of good to lose him. I blame the Space Rangers for not getting thd job done himself.

yea Zordon wasn't evil there just wasn't much he could do to fight the villains other than recruit other people sure before he got caught in a time warp he could fight but afterwards? nope he couldn't fight.

Keep in mind that without Zordon there Rita would've conquered the Earth with ease until the Machine Empire came around who would've then taken control over from them.

The Space Rangers couldn't have done anything there were too many villains attacking even if they dealt with the issue on Earth they still would've needed to take care of issues in other galaxies.

Ranger Black 12/30/17 09:34 PM

Zordon was definitely a complicated character that had complicated motivations.

KimandTommy 12/30/17 09:36 PM

They didn't save Zordon in time. Andros was too worried about his evil sister.

Doomsday 12/30/17 09:43 PM

Rita would have never attacked Earth if it wasn't to get to Zordon. Also his army defeated Rita after he was stuck in the timewarp. Zordon always had others do his dirty work for him.

MattEmily 12/30/17 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doomsday (Post 71471)
Rita would have never attacked Earth if it wasn't to get to Zordon. Also his army defeated Rita after he was stuck in the timewarp. Zordon always had others do his dirty work for him.

wrong she had no clue he was there she just attacked Earth because it was the closest planet also we don't know who trapped Rita in her dumpster it's presumed that Zordon was able to trap her while she was trapping him

MMPR Supreme 01/01/18 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 71473)
wrong she had no clue he was there she just attacked Earth because it was the closest planet also we don't know who trapped Rita in her dumpster it's presumed that Zordon was able to trap her while she was trapping him

Zordon and Rita were mortal enemies. I think she had to know he was still on Earth.

I don't like either of the episodes the op mentions. They don't feel like Power Rangers. The MMPR finale feels like a much better cliffhanger anyway.

MMPR Forever 01/01/18 10:26 PM

I just wish MMPR didn't end on a cliffhanger. Zeo wasn't a satisfying continuation.

MattEmily 01/01/18 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Supreme (Post 71563)
Zordon and Rita were mortal enemies. I think she had to know he was still on Earth.

I don't like either of the episodes the op mentions. They don't feel like Power Rangers. The MMPR finale feels like a much better cliffhanger anyway.

mortal enemies or not it doesn't matter watch the first episode again she clearly says the ONLY REASON she selected Earth is because it was the nearest planet

and you don't act like a true fan if you don't like Countdown to Destruction. MMPR finale wasn't even a great finale a decent finale yes but great? No. Good? Maybe. but better? definitely not. People like you and MMPR Forever who obsess over MMPR make me sick.

MMPR Fan 01/01/18 11:56 PM

Then you will be shocked to learn that I view "White Light" as the finale to Power Rangers.

Turbo Guy 01/01/18 11:59 PM

I don't see why everyone has to like c2d to be a true fan? But I agree everything on the show counts.

Turbo Ultimate 01/02/18 12:08 AM

This era of Power Rangers was much too dark and serious for me.

Astro Omega 01/02/18 12:04 PM

This era is when PR was at its best in my opinion. I loved it when the show became more dramatic and went into Space.