Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why did they do nothing for Ninja Storm? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8592)

Ninja Storm Fan 02/06/18 12:45 PM

Why did they do nothing for Ninja Storm?

Why didn't Saban do anything for Ninja Storm's 10th anniversary. Toei produced an anniversary movie for Hurikenger so they could have adapted that. Its astounding that they would completely ignore their best series. Instead of bringing back general PR, they should have only brought back Ninja Storm. But at bare minimum do something for the anniversary of it at least.

White Spandex Rules 02/06/18 12:53 PM

Re: Why did they do nothing for Ninja Storm?

Probably because it was so long ago and they figured most fans had long moved on.

Astro Omega 02/06/18 12:54 PM

If any season was gonna get the anniversary treatment, Ninja Storm wouldn't be the first one.

Decepticon 02/06/18 12:55 PM

Ninja Storm has been included in anniversary plans in OO and Megaforce. So its not like he series has been overlooked.

Quantum Blue 02/06/18 01:00 PM

Its not certain that Saban Brands bought the rights for the Hurikenger anniversary.

MattEmily 02/06/18 03:00 PM

Re: Why did they do nothing fpr Ninja Storm?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Storm Fan (Post 73862)
Why didn't Saban do anything for Ninja Storm's 10th anniversary. Toei produced an anniversary movie for Hurikenger so they could have adapted that. Its astounding that they would completely ignore their best series. Instead of bringing back general PR, they should have only brought back Ninja Storm. But at bare minimum do something for the anniversary of it at least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quantum Blue (Post 73868)
Its not something Saban Brands bought the rights for. The Hurikenger anniversary that is.

exactly crossovers, movies and specials are separate rights and aren't part of the Sentai package that Disney would've gotten nor Saban would've gotten.

Also Saban was never that thrill about the Disney-produced seasons anyway even if some are popular among the fans but Ninja Storm isn't 1 of them.

Also on top of buying the rights they would also need to get back the required actors for the anniversary special and they obviously didn't want to do that at the time since the cast were all over the place so they'd need to pay for various flights.

Ninja Steel Ranger 02/06/18 07:25 PM

They could have done Ninja Storm The Next Generation Movie. . That way they can justify having so many newer characters. I am sure they could have got at least one cast member to return to be the mentor.

MattEmily 02/06/18 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Steel Ranger (Post 73874)
They could have done Ninja Storm The Next Generation Movie. . That way they can justify having so many newer characters. I am sure they could have got at least one cast member to return to be the mentor.

Who would want a Ninja Storm reunion if we can't have the whole team back?

Bandora's Ghost 02/06/18 10:17 PM

If they couldn't get Cam back, perhaps they could have had the new Green Samurai Ranger be his son.

Kimberly Hart 02/06/18 10:34 PM

I wouldn't have minded this. But Saban probably wasn't worried about a Disney Season. DinoThunder and Ninja Steel weren't sequels to Ninja Steel/DinoThunder either.

Byron Stinger 02/07/18 11:42 AM

It would have been fun to see. But its rare for them to do anything like this years after aseason. And even then its usually multi Ranger teams ups from various seasons. They didn't even bring back any of the RPM cast for the Samurai team up.

MattEmily 02/07/18 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Storm Fan (Post 73897)
It would have been worth it to bring the original cast back. It wouldn't have been hard to get the New Zealand actors back.

true as long as it's something that they were willing to do but Pua, Sally and Grant would've been it for the Kiwi actors the others would've been elsewhere.

Kimberly Hart 02/08/18 11:38 AM

I do think Disney would have adapted it. Since Ninja Storm was their MMPR.

Piccolo's Legacy 02/08/18 11:43 AM

Not likely. Since Disney always had to be dragged kicking and screaming to do team ups. They wouldn't pay extra for the special.

No Green Spandex 02/08/18 11:51 AM

It was probably surmised that Ninja Storm was so long ago that it didn't make sense to invest in. Plus Saban Brands wanted to start with a clean slate after they acquired the series. Not that they removed things for continuity. They just were able to do their own thing with Samurai.

Zabitan 02/08/18 08:39 PM

That's a good question I guess the same reason we didn't get the a Dino Charge/Dino Thunder/MMPR crossover, or a Ninja Steel/Ninja Storm/Alien Rangers crossover.

Maligore 02/09/18 08:11 AM

Easy answer. Saban Brands and Disney are both cheap.

Ninja Storm Fan 02/09/18 11:40 AM

Its ridiculous that they didn't adapt the team up. I just don't understand why they don't realize how much of a hit Ninja Storm was. Its what people think about when they think about PR. No one cares about MMPR anymore. Its why the new movie didn't do that great. If your not going to continue the Ninja Storm Series, at least adapt the reunion movie.

VR Master 02/09/18 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Storm Fan (Post 73981)
Its ridiculous that they didn't adapt the team up. I just don't understand why they don't realize how much of a hit Ninja Storm was. Its what people think about when they think about PR. No one cares about MMPR anymore. Its why the new movie didn't do that great. If your not going to continue the Ninja Storm Series, at least adapt the reunion movie.

MMPR is what people think about when they think Power Rangers. Ninja Storm was successful but really isn't as well remembered. Not by the general public anyway.

Blastr Zack 02/09/18 06:05 PM

It was too long after for Saban Brand's taste. But it would have been for Disney too.

Bansheera's Revenge 02/10/18 07:21 AM

It would have been interesting to see how PR would have handled the anniversary of Ninja Storm if they did adapt the special.

Goldy Fan 02/10/18 07:51 AM

When have they ever had an anniversary for just one season?

PRangerX 02/10/18 08:06 AM

I was surprised that Toei did the Hurikenger Anniversary. Its not something they usually do for a single Sentai.

Chef Mia 02/10/18 11:35 AM

It probably wasn't in the budget.

Kimberly Hart 02/10/18 11:41 AM

Another reason could have been the expense to buy the special from Toei. And producing a new episode yourself would be even more expensive.

MMPR Forever 02/11/18 10:09 AM

Ninja Storm is nothing special. And is certainly no ones MMPR. They tried and they failed to reimagine MMPR. If any series gets its own anniversary special its MMPR.

Astro Delta 02/11/18 01:02 PM

Why would they? It was ten years after the fact and its not like Ninja Storm is that memorable over any of the other recent seasons.

Time Force Traitor 02/11/18 01:17 PM

It would be nice to honor past seasons like this. It would have opened tthe door for more nostalgia team ups. I would love one for Time Force.

Ninja Storm Fan 02/11/18 02:02 PM

I'm sorry but none of those other seasons compare to Ninja Storm. We should be getting new Ninja Storm seasons, movies,action figures, comics, ect.. Power Rangers is in the past, Ninja Storm the present.

Usagi Reborn 02/12/18 11:29 AM

Ninja Storm was fine but you have a grandiose idea of just what it means to the legacy of Power Rangers. MMPR isn't necessarily the best in my eyes either but it is the most well known.

Hayley Oliver 02/12/18 12:31 PM

With the way Lothor was left in Mesagog's lab, I am surprised they didn't revisit Ninja Storm at some point. Beyond Sally's return in OO.

Fanboy Supreme 02/12/18 03:02 PM

I want them to adapt this team up asap.

A Gia To Remember 02/12/18 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanboy Supreme (Post 74196)
I want them to adapt this team up asap.

I think its too late now.

Goldar's Revenge 02/12/18 03:40 PM

Saban Brands have kept team ups to a minimum. They also don't focus on the Disney seasons more tha they have to.

MMPR Storm 02/14/18 10:36 PM

I agree with this being disappointing. Any opportunity you have to resurrect MMPR or Ninja Storm, you do it.

Hasbro Ranger 05/19/20 10:22 AM

Hasbro would have adapted it if they owned he franchise at the time.

Turbo Guy 05/19/20 10:44 AM

Ninja Storm was pretty good because it was a whacky season. The most like Turbo.

Pink Alien Ranger 05/19/20 08:24 PM

Too much time passed and getting the reunion Sentai Footage would have cost extra..

Noble Leo 05/20/20 12:31 AM

Ninja Storm was awful. It felt like a parody of Power Rangers. The only likeable Ranger was Cam.