Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   DinoThunder Mutliple Seasons (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7699)

Dino Guts 01/15/17 05:50 PM

DinoThunder Mutliple Seasons

Ninja Storm was a dry run after Disney went with a new production team. So its understandable that it was average. I think they should have kept DinoThunder going indefinitely..Power Rangers is at its best as a Dino based Toku. They should have never gone away from it in the Saban days. And our unfortunately making the same mistake now by not continuing Dino Charge. Ninja Steel will be another step down..

Decepticon 01/15/17 05:55 PM

Re: DinoThunder Mutliple Seasons

I can understand why people like the Dinosuar theme since it was there the first few seasons. And Dinoathunder was very good. Dino Charge was mostly pretty decent. But Power Rangers is Much more than that. As shown by the many themes each different season has had. The storyline and characters are more important.

Ninja Storm Fan 01/15/17 06:06 PM

I would say the Ninja theme is synonymous with PR for me. The Dino Theme doesn't thrill me at all.

Hexagon Ranger 01/15/17 06:11 PM

lMMPR and DinoThunder are great seasons. But its not about the theme. It has to do with the storylines. Power Rangers is better as a group if different themes anyway. Ninja Storm is hard to get into too much because of what we missed out in Hexagon Ninja Storm. Dino Charge is overrated which is why I didn't mention it above.

Dinoguy 01/15/17 06:15 PM

I'm all for it if the season is good enough. Dino Ultra Charge sounds good.

Space Hero 01/15/17 06:17 PM

I was actually hoping for SPD to happen. But I wanted it to be a Space Season. The first of many as I think Power Rangers went downhill when it moved away from Space.

Captain Mutiny 01/15/17 08:03 PM

It would have worked storywise. Since the DT Rangers were normal teenagers not connected to a Ninja School or anything. It would have been as good a time as any to go back to the multiple season teams. DC was two seasons but I get you mean the equivalent of two 40 episodes seasons.

Goldar's Revenge 01/15/17 08:09 PM

Agreed there, but its clear Disney and Saban Brands don't want to go that route again. The Nick 20 episode seasons not withstanding.

PRangerX 01/15/17 08:17 PM

It would have been fun to see them go that root. PR has basically been one incarnation at a time for years. So changing things up would be cool. And would.have been back then. I think a two or three full season story would work best. The 20 episode seasons does risk alienating the target audience if you judge this by 40 episodes a season with the current 20 episode rollouts. Since the target audience tends to stick around for two years. Four or five might be pushing it.

Sentai Is Forever 01/15/17 08:24 PM

American Sentai should always be one season. The 20 episode two season thing is fine. But otherwise they shoukd be doing things like the Sentai. Its bad enough DinoThunder changed so much. It should have at least followed the Sentai as much as NS. Which only went off course with the original cbaracters. Sloan should not have listened to the fans and went more in the original direction.