Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   LG Openingn Credits (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6740)

Morphing Mystic 05/18/15 07:35 PM

LG Openingn Credits

So as far as I'm aware, Lost Galaxy's opening credits are unique amongst other series. That being that they omitted characters from the line up in accordance with the characters appearence.

That being said, Kendrix (Valerie Vernon) was given a credit through the entire run and Karone was cast as a supporting character. Now I've seen some information on this, many pointing to Melody Perkins only being hired in a supporting role (friction that caused Patricia Lee to turn down the role).

My question is, where they expecting V Vernon to return? Was it a union / contract thing? Why was the credit kept throughout her departure ?

Captain Codfish 05/18/15 07:36 PM

Re: LG Openingn Credits

It had to do with union issues. She was sick on the job. Once she was healthy she had to be let back on the show. It wasthe right thing to do anyway.

Inner Senshi 05/18/15 07:45 PM

I thought PR was non union?

PRangerX 05/18/15 07:55 PM

It is now and was in the early seasons either. In the last several years of the first Saban Era they went union. When Disney moved production to New Zealand they ceased to be SAG once again.

MattEmily 05/18/15 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Senshi (Post 54721)
I thought PR was non union?

it's non-union now and was non-union for the first few seasons until sometime during Space and then remained union until and including Wild Force.

The Ghost Ranger 05/19/15 04:00 AM

From what I had heard, once Saban found out she was sick, he decided to keep her in the credits in order to help pay for her treatments.

PRangerX 05/19/15 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 54723)
it's non-union now and was non-union for the first few seasons until sometime during Space and then remained union until and including Wild Force.

MMPR was non union.Thats why they could get away with giveing them such crazy schedules. PR went Sag around Space or Galaxy I believe. And ceased to be sag in NS.

MattEmily 05/19/15 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 54727)
MMPR was non union.Thats why they could get away with giveing them such crazy schedules. PR went Sag around Space or Galaxy I believe. And ceased to be sag in NS.

yup and it was during Space when they went union and they went back to being non-union with Ninja Storm but just because they're non-union doesn't mean they can't use union actors Saban has been using union actors in Samurai and Megaforce... don't know about Dino Charge.

PRangerX 05/19/15 11:00 AM

I would assume they are non union. There is no reason for them to go union.

Green Alien Ranger 05/19/15 11:04 AM

Maybe they didn't know if she would be able to come back or not. So they left her in closing credits to keep the door open for a return. I do wonder why they killed Kendrix off? Since they hoped to have her back.