Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Power Rangers versus Voltron Movie (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7861)

PRangerX 04/28/17 11:14 AM

Power Rangers versus Voltron Movie

Since the box office numbers have been just ok and not necessarily enough for a sequel..I wonder if that idea would be a good way to jump start the movie franchise without starting from scratch.

Basically do a Voltron versus Power Rangers Movie. I think thats a hook that would interest casual viewers. Who have mistaken Power Rangers as a Voltron knockoff for years. It would be a good way to attract the 80s generation who might not be receptive to Power Rangers. It would be a way to launch a Voltron movie franchise and jumpstart the PR film franchise.

Now the complicated issue is that Saban Films nor Lionsgate own Voltron. But if they went to the owners of the 80s franchise they might be able to work something out. It could be another franchise for Lionsgate to build around and/or Saban Films.

I know everyone expects a Green Ranger centric film. But you could still do that later. Maybe even do a standalone film with him first.

No Green Spandex 04/28/17 11:00 PM

Re: Power Rangers versus Voltron Movie

Its a crazy enough idea that it just might work.

Princess Org 04/28/17 11:02 PM

Maybe Princess Aurora can lead the Voltron Force this time.

Superstatler 04/28/17 11:03 PM

I think they would keep the Voltron team close to the classic dynamic.

Massive Ego 04/29/17 12:12 PM

If they need this to save the movie franchise I am game. They need to be careful not to water things down with the Voltron stuff. Not at the detriment of the PR story.

Goldar's Revenge 04/29/17 12:15 PM

There is too much politics for this to happen. Not while they are own by two completely different companies. Its not going to be easy to work something like this out. If "Power Rangers didn't do well enough for a sequel they are not goinf to do another one

Saban Fan 04/29/17 12:17 PM

I would be interested to see what Saban could do with Voltron. Since he is such a creative genius with Power Rangers. Maybe he can buy the brand.

Goldar's Revenge 04/29/17 12:18 PM

The owners of Voltron are still using the brand they won't sell.

Captain Codfish 04/29/17 12:19 PM

They'd be better off doing the Voltron Movie first and then doing the crossover.

Hailey Ziktor 05/07/17 05:01 PM

I don't think as much people would care about that. A Green Ranger movie has much more potential. Voltron isn't as big as Power Rangers and would have its own movie by now if it did. I don't think both owners would work together anyway.