Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Should Saban Brands produce their own movie (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8505)

VR Master 01/11/18 05:56 PM

Should Saban Brands produce their own movie

If Lionsgate is out perhaps Saban Brands should invest in a sequel themselves. Perhaps they could find a new partner or investors to help with the cost. The new film would have to have a modest budget.

Captain Codfish 01/11/18 05:58 PM

Re: Should Saban Brands produce their own movie

They should partner with WWE Studios. Part of the deal could lead to a lot of advertising on WWE Programming. Which could match the deml for a PR film. I would still advertise outside of that too.

Goldar's Revenge 01/11/18 06:02 PM

It also depends on how long Lionsgate holds the film rights. Just because a seauel isn't made, doesn't mewn the studio loses the movie rights. It could take a few years. The owners The Narnia movies had to wait several years to develop a seauel after Fox elected to not continue the series. It can take that long for the film rights to expore.

Maligore 01/11/18 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VR Master (Post 72541)
If Lionsgate is out perhaps Saban Brands should invest in a sequel themselves. Perhaps they could find a new partner or investors to help with the cost. The new film would have to have a modest budget.

Saban will only do it if he can find a cheap way to do if.

MattEmily 01/11/18 06:21 PM

I don't see it happening no matter who has the movie rights.

Saban Fan 01/11/18 07:54 PM

I think this the route they will go. Saban most deffinitly wants to make this franchise work. This time he is going to write and direct the film to make sure it has his creative stamp on it. Saban will make sure it succeeds.

MattEmily 01/11/18 08:06 PM

*laughs*

Zabitan 01/11/18 08:20 PM

That would be temtping but I'm not sure if it would happen at least not with everyone from the last movie.

Like I imagine it would be like those direct to dvd sequels to Van Wilder, and the Dukes of Hazard where it's obvious they couldn't afford Ryan Reynolds or Seann Williams Scott.

Goldar's Revenge 01/11/18 08:28 PM

Saban will hire more film people to work on the project if he did such a thing.

MattEmily 01/11/18 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 72549)
That would be temtping but I'm not sure if it would happen at least not with everyone from the last movie.

Like I imagine it would be like those direct to dvd sequels to Van Wilder, and the Dukes of Hazard where it's obvious they couldn't afford Ryan Reynolds or Seann Williams Scott.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge (Post 72551)
Saban will hire more film people to work on the project if he did such a thing.

not to mention Haim himself would have nothing to do with the project other than greenlighting it, assigning someone to be in charge and giving them a specific budget to work with.