Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   What happened to Scorpina? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7603)

Forever Jason 11/30/16 08:40 PM

What happened to Scorpina?

Its odd how she just left when Zedd came on board. Then she came back to work for Zedd for just one time.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed 11/30/16 09:16 PM

Re: What happened to Scorpina?

Scorpina was Rita's illegitmate daughter. She left so she wasn't punished for Rita's failures. She only came back because Zedd summoned her. She didn't stick around since she was still afraid Zedd would punish her. When Rita was freed, she was mad at Scorpina for abandoning her when Zedd first arrived. As well as for not trying to free her from the dumbster. Plus Zedd didn't really see a lot in her after she failed. Running away from him also took away any respect he might have..Scorpina decided to lay low and was not part of the UAE assualt. she contiues to live on the outer reaches of the galaxy.

MattEmily 11/30/16 09:21 PM

I think it's more that Scorpina was more loyal to Rita and had no interest in following Zedd once he took over command plus she was probably upset with Zedd about banishing Rita as well. I think she only came back that one time out of boredom but decided against staying around since she didn't want to continue working for Lord Zedd.

Inner Senshi 11/30/16 11:49 PM

That's a good theory. I don't know why everyone overthinks things over here.

Captain Mutiny 11/30/16 11:51 PM

Scorpina was a free agent. She was working for Rita as a mercenary. Zedd didn't use her much at all. It was the same as Finster. Rita just didn't chose to hire her again on her return, like she did with Finster

Space Seasons 12/01/16 12:23 AM

I hated the revolving door of villains early on. Too many villains were never defeated and just moved on without full resolution. I am glad Space gave it to us and made things right,

MMPR Supreme 12/01/16 12:24 AM

I never understood why they wrote her off. She would have been a great henchmen in season 2 like she did in 1.

MattEmily 12/01/16 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Supreme (Post 60776)
I never understood why they wrote her off. She would have been a great henchmen in season 2 like she did in 1.

she was meant to continue on once she came back but there were various issues involved. here's how I understand it - Sabrina Lu the actress who was chosen to play her in Goldar's Vice-Versa was too busy which is why she never came back. They tried hunting down Ami (the actress that played her Japanese counterpart) but they weren't able to find her so they were going to continue looking for another replacement but their plans changed when the episodes that were already written with Scorpina in it had to be scrapped due to the long production of the first movie.

KimandTommy 12/01/16 10:01 PM

I like Scorpina. She was a very underrated villain. I wish she stuck around. I would love to have her come back. Even if someone new has to play her.

PRangerX 12/01/16 10:02 PM

That's pretty interesting Matt. I never knew the full story on that myself. It makes sense in hindsight. It didn't seem like an accident when they brought her back and let her get away again.