Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Kamen Rider Online (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dragon Knight Episode #29: "Calm Before the Storm" (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=645)

PrimoPiccolo 10/24/09 03:28 AM

Dragon Knight Episode #29: "Calm Before the Storm"

This series moves far too slowly to warrant ANOTHER clip show.

PRangerX 10/24/09 04:15 PM

I would assume that there is budget reasons for this. If they had the money to produce two actual episodes I am sure they would have. Its probably just a case of them wanting to produce 40 episodes to sell but only really having the budget to produce 38. Its not the end of the world. Too bad they couldn't do something where Len and Siren gave us more backstory on their origins and Ventera itself. But that would have required new footage.

PrimoPiccolo 10/24/09 05:37 PM

Wow. We sit around to re-account for the things we've already spent plenty of time sulking about, from the loss of Sting to Kit's whinefest upon Siren's arrival, yet when we finally get a chance for Kit to air out the Onyx problem, he keeps tight-lipped about it? That's not storytelling, that's purposefully avoiding storytelling for the sake of the plot you've already decided to go with.

A writer's first duty should always be to make their characters believable. And there's nothing believable about a neophyte to alien powers keeping dreams of destroying his teammates from the very aliens he got said powers from, especially when the bad guy has admitted to invading his brain before. It's not about worrying them, it's about keeping them safe!

Leave it to Dragon Knight to make a recap episode more annoying than the concept already is.

Tendou 10/24/09 05:39 PM

I shouldn't even rate this episode just because it is a recap. I did like the structuring and how they didn't basically play every semi significant scene since the last recap. Just like PRangerX said it would have been nice if they covered the past, but I guess there are good reasons. I prefer recaps then them just airing reruns.

Things should pick up again. By the way I found the episode titles for the final episodes. It seems like it is nonstop fun from here on out. The arrival of the Advent Master(Eubulon) and the return of Onyx.

http://henshingrid.blogspot.com/

mbozzo 10/24/09 07:00 PM

Calm Before The Storm is a so-so episode. It was just another clip show episode.

PRangerX 10/24/09 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 1185)
Wow. We sit around to re-account for the things we've already spent plenty of time sulking about, from the loss of Sting to Kit's whinefest upon Siren's arrival, yet when we finally get a chance for Kit to air out the Onyx problem, he keeps tight-lipped about it? That's not storytelling, that's purposefully avoiding storytelling for the sake of the plot you've already decided to go with.

A writer's first duty should always be to make their characters believable. And there's nothing believable about a neophyte to alien powers keeping dreams of destroying his teammates from the very aliens he got said powers from, especially when the bad guy has admitted to invading his brain before. It's not about worrying them, it's about keeping them safe!

Leave it to Dragon Knight to make a recap episode more annoying than the concept already is.

I get the sense that there is more to the Onyx dreams. There may be a reason why they had Kit refuse to talk about it. Otherwise they could have done without Kit saying that. Since it sounded like he told them about it in the flashback.

PrimoPiccolo 10/24/09 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 1189)
There may be a reason why they had Kit refuse to talk about it.

Yeah, so Len can be surprised when Kit turns on him.

There is no excuse large enough to make up for that omission.

Tendou 10/24/09 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 1191)
Yeah, so Len can be surprised when Kit turns on him.

There is no excuse large enough to make up for that omission.

To be honest if I were Kit I sure as hell wouldn't tell them that I contemplated killing them. Dreams sometimes are representative of what people think about. There would definitely be a lot of trust issues if he told them.

I would have liked to see him tell them though.

TokuNoob 10/24/09 11:16 PM

I personally can't wait for Onyx to return. Also, what was with that Xaviax and Strike's Advent Deck thing? Is that Unite Vent I smell? At least something interesting happened this episode.

Other than budget restraints, I can't imagine why they decided to include a new clip episode. Maybe producers felt children would have trouble keeping up. I don't mind the clips so much if each flash back hadn't been so drawn out. Just go ahead with Onyx and the Alternate Riders and I'll be happy.

Gerbil the Sinner 10/28/09 07:42 PM

Glad I decided not to watch.