Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   What would have happened if Billy stayed? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8939)

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 06/01/20 06:02 PM

What would have happened if Billy stayed?

How would things have gone if Billy stayed past Zeo? Would his character become a Ranger again?

Goldar's Revenge 06/02/20 09:32 AM

Re: What would have happened if Billy stayed?

There were no plans to make him a Ranger again. If anything is role was going to become less.

VR Master 06/02/20 09:33 AM

I don't get why they wouldn't want to make him a Ranger again if they had the chance? But he likely would have been let go with the others once they decided to do the cast change in Turbo.

Captain Codfish 06/02/20 09:35 AM

Sady Yost was harassed about being gay and this greatly contributed to him leaving the show. He went through a real depression, but that thankfully came out of it and is doing well now.

Captain Logan Knows Best 06/02/20 09:38 AM

That was certainly a black eye for Power Rangers. I am just glad David Yost found peace a long time ago and is doing well.

PRangerX 06/02/20 09:43 AM

Originally the rumors were he was difficult on set and walked out based on and placement on the show. But Yost revealed years later that he left due to being harassed by members of the crew for his sexuality. He had a real hard time with it and left the show. He went threw a really hard time afterwards but ended up finding peace. He ended up doing a lot of work as a producer. I am glad things turned out well for him. Whoever on the crew who was givening him trouble should be ashamed of themselves. I would hope they would apologize if they haven't already.

Captain Mutiny 06/02/20 09:46 AM

If he was being treated by that by some crew members, its no wonder he may not have been easy to work with for some. But he had a good reason to be if that was even true.

Now if Yost somehow remained on the show...I think Billy would have stayed in his tech support role and become sort of a mentor figure to the new Turbos.

MMPR Supreme 06/02/20 09:48 AM

I would have liked to have seen Billy become a Ranger again. I was sad to see him give up his powers. He was one of the last links from MMPR.

Superstatler 06/02/20 09:51 AM

Its hard to talk about this without mentioning the real life reasons why he left and Yost's personal story. I am glad it was brought up.

Now as for what would have happened if Yost remained on the series? Perhaps Billy would have became Turbo Blue and remained on the team to mentor the young Turbos?

Pink Alien Ranger 06/02/20 09:52 AM

Its too bad they couldn't make him Zeo level, since the yellow Ranger costume had a skirt.