Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Was it too easy for Tommy Clone to become Green Ranger? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8465)

MMPR Supreme 01/04/18 08:14 AM

Was it too easy for Tommy Clone to become Green Ranger?

It seemed to me that it was too easy for the clone to get access to the Green Powers. Especially since they were supposed to be lost forever?

MattEmily 01/04/18 10:53 AM

Re: Was it too easy for Tommy Clone to become Green Ranger?

perhaps but it was magical energy due to the Ghost of Darkness conjuring up the Wizard of Deception and with magic anything is possible.

VR Master 01/04/18 11:16 AM

The wizard was way too powerful. It made no sense to me.

MattEmily 01/04/18 11:20 AM

I think the Ghost of Darkness and the Wizard's powers were supposed to rival Zordon's powers prior to his trapping.

VR Master 01/04/18 11:26 AM

But it was odd because Rita created the ghost , who created the Wizard...But they acted like he was Zordon 's rival.

Bonus Ranger 01/04/18 05:52 PM

Rita had most of the old Powers but couldn't use them until the Wizard made the clone. I am only surprised the Wizard didn't overthrow Rita years ago, if he was so powerful.

Mesagog Lives 01/04/18 09:58 PM

I always assumed his power were another powerful allusion and that was why the clone had to put Dragonzord under an evil spell.

MattEmily 01/05/18 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VR Master (Post 71886)
But it was odd because Rita created the ghost , who created the Wizard...But they acted like he was Zordon 's rival.

exactly but they can still say the Wizard was one of Zordon's rivals even though the Wizard was just a creation that came from the Ghost of Darkness of which Rita herself created

Astro Omega 01/07/18 11:12 AM

I thought so. The wizard shouldn't be that powerful to create a real Green Ranger. Besides, Rita should have been able to do it herself if he could.

MattEmily 01/07/18 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astro Omega (Post 72193)
I thought so. The wizard shouldn't be that powerful to create a real Green Ranger. Besides, Rita should have been able to do it herself if he could.

keep in mind that Zordon himself said that the Wizard himself has the power to make illusions become a reality so it wasn't a "real" Ranger but an illusioned one that became a reality

MMPR Forever 01/07/18 05:41 PM

Yes, the second Green Ranger was a fake. Just a very good one.

DinoThunderKira 01/08/18 01:07 PM

It makes you wonder why Rita didn't use the Wizard in season 1?

Quantum Hunter 01/08/18 01:31 PM

It was too easy. The wizard shouldn't have had the power to give the clone the old Green Ranger Powers. Which were already gone. It was just an excuse to do White Ranger versus Green Ranger. They didn't put much thought into it.

MattEmily 01/08/18 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinoThunderKira (Post 72273)
It makes you wonder why Rita didn't use the Wizard in season 1?

perhaps the Ghost was a recent creation or perhaps using him results in using too much power so she doesn't use the Ghost? I mean look at how often we saw her use spells in the first season practically never it was usually just Finster making Putties and monsters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quantum Hunter (Post 72283)
It was too easy. The wizard shouldn't have had the power to give the clone the old Green Ranger Powers. Which were already gone. It was just an excuse to do White Ranger versus Green Ranger. They didn't put much thought into it.

I don't think the White vs Green was the main reason they just wanted to do something that didn't involve much work since they weren't back in California due to being stuck in Australia due to a bunch of constant delays with the movie's production.

Lunarwolf Landing 01/08/18 05:21 PM

Yes the movie and the fact they did these episodes in Australia,played a big role on this.

Gosei Gold 01/08/18 08:53 PM

I always assumed the wizard just used the power Rita took with the Green Candle. I don't know why she didn't summon the wizard to do this before.

Falconzord Commander 01/08/18 09:26 PM

I don't think they were the real powers. Just a really good recreation. They were all tied into the Wizard's Wand.

PRangerX 01/08/18 11:18 PM

I found it odd at first. But figured it was due to the Green Candle. However the thepery the powers came from the Wizard himself is a good one.

MattEmily 01/08/18 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 72329)
I found it odd at first. But figured it was due to the Green Candle. However the thepery the powers came from the Wizard himself is a good one.

it couldn't be because of the Green Candle since Zedd claimed he had used the last of its remnants to drain the other Rangers' powers.

No Green Spandex 01/09/18 12:09 AM

I thought it made no sense and was unneeded. The Green Powers storyline was done. And we already had way too much of Tommy. The only good part was the drama in the zord dight of whether to destroy Dragonzord or not. I just wish Tommy stayed with the clone in the past.

White Spandex Rules 01/09/18 10:32 PM

I was just glad we had the the show down. It made perfect sense.Tommy facing Tommy was really cool.

MattEmily 01/10/18 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Green Spandex (Post 72355)
I thought it made no sense and was unneeded. The Green Powers storyline was done. And we already had way too much of Tommy. The only good part was the drama in the zord dight of whether to destroy Dragonzord or not. I just wish Tommy stayed with the clone in the past.

the only bad thing is it was Zyuranger, Zyu2 and Dairanger footage they didn't do any original footage with the zords likely because they didn't have the Zyuranger mecha BUT that's cold wishing the real Tommy would've stayed in the past just because you despise him that much for hogging the spotlight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Spandex Rules (Post 72474)
I was just glad we had the the show down. It made perfect sense.Tommy facing Tommy was really cool.

very true it's just disappointing that it wasn't a fair fight.

No Green Spandex 01/10/18 07:31 AM

Tommy staying in the past would have been a good thing for him. He could have let those settlers know Angel Grove was supposed to be in California.

MattEmily 01/10/18 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Green Spandex (Post 72489)
Tommy staying in the past would have been a good thing for him. He could have let those settlers know Angel Grove was supposed to be in California.

still cold of you and very funny about that other part.

Goldar's Revenge 01/10/18 08:16 AM

I know your kidding about the Angel Grove part. But there is nothing in that episode to set up Tommy staying in colonial Angel Grove. The clone has a reason, since he wants to create his own legacy. Heck Adam has more of a reason to stay than the real Tommy. Since he actually connects with a young woman.

Gosei Gold 01/12/18 11:40 AM

Maybe the Wizard was on the outs with Zedd. And Rita wasn't allowed to use him in Season 1? This could be why she didn't make a clone after Green Candle.

MattEmily 01/12/18 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gosei Gold (Post 72576)
Maybe the Wizard was on the outs with Zedd. And Rita wasn't allowed to use him in Season 1? This could be why she didn't make a clone after Green Candle.

or perhaps she hadn't made the Ghost yet? we don't know when he was created do we? or even perhaps he had to be re-created and it took a lot of time and magic to do so?

Usagi Reborn 01/13/18 08:03 AM

It could be the the Dragonzord Powers weren't avalible to Rita until Tommy lost his powers in " Green No More". But only the Wizard could allow Rita to use the powers. And he needed to make a Tommy Clone as well. But lets not forget Rita wasn't around again until "The Wedding". And "Return of Green Ranger" is not long after that.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed 01/13/18 08:06 AM

Rita had no access to the Green Powers while Jason held the coin or Tommy lost his recharged powers. Which didn't happen until after her banishment. So considering she used the wizard soon after her comeback, I think we have our reason.

Kimmy Repulsa 01/13/18 12:19 PM

The Wizard should have had to use the Green Candle to make the new coin. It did make little sense.

Geki's Pride 01/13/18 12:20 PM

It really shouldn't have been so easy. Not even Zordon and Alpha could fix Tommy's Powers.

PRMegaFan 01/13/18 12:21 PM

I think White Ranger Tommy should have stayed in the past so Green Ranger Clone could take his place. Tommy was always more interesting as Green Ranger.

A Gia To Remember 01/13/18 05:58 PM

I thought it was too easy for Tommy to get his powers back in the first place.

Gold Ranger In Danger 01/13/18 06:03 PM

Well he did almost die in the process. So I wouldn't call that easy. Green Ranger Clone had it ten times easier. Except for the evil slave thing.

Cam's Surprise 01/15/18 03:46 PM

It was a big continuity error that made Tommy's power loss storyline not make sense.