Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Zabitan's Forum (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=4725)

Zabitan 01/28/15 08:11 PM

Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Final Thoughts

Today’s episode was all right it reminded me of Kaitlin’s Front Page in the sense that not only the plots of Grimlord capturing one of the Troopers as bait to destroy the others but also how they both do some things good, and some thing bad but for different reasons.

Like in Kailtin’s Front Page Kailtin got a Battle Grid fight by herself, and JB got to fight an MOTD but they cut off Kaitlin’s Battle Grid fight at the end, and cut the Spielban fight for JB in half.

Whereas here you almost have the opposite problem in that nothing was really wasted in that stuff was skipped but it was all just stuff that either ended up in Defending Dark Heart anyway or would be better off in Fiddler on The Loose which I haven’t got to yet.

However the problem is that at the same time they don’t find anything for JB, and Kaitlin to do which might make sense for JB since he gets captured but they can’t find anything for Kaitlin to do even when she’s not kidnapped.

I did like Slashbot with his samurai motif, and weapons

And I did like the idea of the villains capturing the heroes through a computer though it reminds me of something I forgot to talk about in Error in the System.

Where one of the things I was always confused by was how the show seemed to play it both ways whether or not virtual reality meant it was just a universe that had been created through technology or was supposed to refer to it being the universe inside machines.

And like I said the only things wasted production wise where things that were better saved for other episodes any way.

Tune in next time everyone for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.

Zabitan 01/29/15 07:00 PM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Virtual V6 written by Doug Sloan, and directed by Worth Keeter.

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan talks about how his dad taught him that it’s everyone’s responsibility to stop pollution, and protect the environment.

At the Underground Voice Daitly a stereotypically nerdy looking guy steps in carrying a brief case, and there’s comedy bit where he quite literally bumps into Kaitlin, and he explains that his name is quite literally Ulysses T. Poindexter.

He also explains that he’s invented an engine that runs on plant extracts instead of gasoline but nobody will buy it so Kaitlin agrees to show the plans to the others, and do a story about the engine if it works, and Poindexter agrees,

But it turns out Grimlord has a mole in the Underground Voice Daily as one of the reporters who was secretly watching Kaitlin, and Poindexter turns out to be a Skug, and secretly transforms, and teleports to tell Ziktor.

Ziktor is not surprisingly worried about Poindexter’s engine since it could ruin his energy company so he transforms into Grimlord, and orders Ivar, and a drill themed mutant called well Drillbot to destroy Poindexter’s plans.

Meanwhile Kailtin, Ryan, and JB are at the swimming pool again, and the Mayor, and his wife are nearby so we get a comedy bit where Jeb knocks the mayors wife into the pool.

Then we see the Troopers heading to the lab and when they get to the lab JB tells the Professor they want to create Poindexter in virtual reality, and put it in JB’s Sky Cycle to see if it works, and the Professor agrees, and JB creates the engine on the computer using some weird game controller looking things.

While Air Striker spies on them, and tells Grimlord at the virtual dungeon that he thinks the disk with Poindexter’s plans is at Tao Dojo so Zelton sends a Skug platoon to Tao dojo to retrieve it.

Then at Tao dojo we see Tao practicing karate when Ziktor’s secretaries show up in karate gis, and change into their true forms, and a Skug fight breaks out.

First two of them try to kick Tao but he blocks, and and punches both back then the third Skug tries to kick him but he catches it’s leg, and punches it then one tries to punch, and kick Tao but he grabs, and throws it then one tries to kick him but he grabs, and kicks it while the third one searches the dojo’s computer.

Then the other Skugs try to kick Tao but he grabs, and throws, and kicks them, and Jeb trips one, and finally one tries to punch Tao but he blocks, punches it, and throws it at the other Skug destroying them both, and the remaining Skug leaves with what it thinks are the plans.

At the lab JB has just finished putting the engine in his Sky Cycle so he transforms to test it out while Ryan, and Kaitlin watch on the visors, and it works perfectly, and while JB keeps testing the engine the others head back to Tao Dojo.

At the virtual dungeon Grimlord is furious because not only did the Skugs fail to steal the plans but the Troopers have already built a prototype of the engine while at the dojo Tao explains what happened, and Ryan, and Kaitlin figure out that Grimlord knows about the engine.

Then Kaitlin gets a call explaining that Skugs have kidnapped a bus full of children which we then see for ourselves as Grimlord explains he plans to use the children as bait to destroy the Troopers, and the engine.

Ryan, and Kaitlin then use the VR disc to contact the Professor, and inform him of the kidnapped children, and the Professor uses the lab’s scanners to find the bus, and informs Ryan, and Kaitlin that he’ll send JB to rescue the children, and that Grimlord has also sent Air Fighters so they transform.

Zabitan 01/29/15 07:00 PM

Ryan goes into the Skybase to fight the Air Fighters while Kaitlin battles with Skugs who throw hatchets at her but she punches, and kicks them, and blast them with her laser while JB goes after the bus but Skugs try to throw bombs at him but he fires lasers, and them, and finds the bus but it’s empty.

JB searches for the missing children, and gets attacked from behind by a floating drill then two more try to attack but he punches them out of the way but they go back into Drillbot then a group of Skugs appear but JB fights them off but gets punched by Drillbot’s drill arm but successfully dodges repeated attempts, and continues fighting off Drillbot, and the Skugs.

Then Grimlord orders the Skugs to take JB’s bike, and destroy it, and one of them pushes a button, and JB’s bike is lowered down on a platform, and tied with metal ropes while JB gets beaten up by Drillbot but then turns the tables.

Then JB, and the Professor use a scanner to track the bike while Kaitlin uses her own scanner to find the missing kids, and there’s a brief American original fight where Kaitlin defeats the Skugs, and rescues the children who just refer to her as “A VR Trooper”.

Then Skugs try to destroy JB’s bike but he activates it remotely, and it drives itself away knocking off the Skugs, and the metal ropes, but the Professor informs JB that the building has a self destruct mechanism that’s off now, and he escapes on the Sky Cycle while Ryan tells Kaitlin to help JB deal with Drillbot.

Drillbot tries to punch JB with his drill arm but then Kailtin appears but Drilbot punches her away then Skugs show up, and and JB, and Kaitlin fight them off then JB fights Drillbot who keeps punches him.

But JB then jumps, and takes one of Drillbot’s drills, and hits him with it before getting on his bike to do some overdrive attack, and then finishing off Drillbot with Laser Lance while Ryan destroys Grimlord’s Jet Fighters, and Grimlord once again swears vengeance.

At the Undergound Voice Daily Kaitlin’s story of Poindexter’s engine is out, and Poindexter himself come to congratulate the Troopers, and there’s some more comedy bits.

Anyway “I miss you dad” the end.

Zabitan 01/29/15 07:02 PM

Final Thoughts

Today’s episode was pretty good I think.

For starters I like the plot of the Troopers trying to make a clean burning engine, and Grimlord trying to steal it to protect his energy company.

I also like Poindexter since I thought he was funny.

And I liked the stuff with Grimlord’s spy at the Underground Voice Daily.

I also liked Drillbot’s design, and powers though I wonder if he was maybe more appropriate for another episode like Digging for Fire or Who’s King of the Mountain.

Heck once again nothing was left out of the Spielban episode.

In fact there was probably like one scene that was like a second I would have liked to have seen but at the same time it brought up something I might talk about a lot if I haven’t already where a lot of things I have problems with are more due to the source footage then VR Troopers itself.

In this case they show Diana using some sword against a holographic swordsmanship teacher for like a second , and it just reminded me of how I whished they had used that as an actual finisher for Diana, and thus Kaitlin.

Come to think of it they did give her a brief American original fight, and the Swordsman teacher’s costume didn’t look all that hard to reproduce so maybe we could have gotten something I don’t know.

Zabitan 01/30/15 09:22 PM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Virtual Spy written by Mark Litton, and directed by John Gran Weil.

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan talks about how his dad taught him to be ready for an attack from any direction even from someone you trust.

At the lab Ryan is practicing on a virtual mutant combat simulator using a vr visor so we can see some Metalder footage of him fighting a blue mutant skug like robot while Kaitlin, and Jeb just stand around, and watch.

Meanwhile at Ziktor industries Ziktor gets the idea to have one of his virtual mutants befriend the Troopers to infiltrate, and destroy them so he transforms into Grimlord, and summons Ivar, and Icebot who recommend a shape shifting skeleton like mutant called Greybot who proceeds to transform into a young white guy with long brown hair.

At the Underground Voice Daily Kaitlin is sitting at her desk when a remote controlled car with a follow me note attached runs up to her so she follows, and Woody introduces her to Graybot’s human form who calls himself Jeremy Gibson, and has just moved to Crossworld City, and gotten a job as a reporter, and Kailtin agrees to take him to lunch with the others.

Ryan, and JB try to bond with him but Ziktor realizes he needs something for the Troopers to trust Jeremy so a random young woman drops her hotdog, and when the Troopers try to help she, and several other people transform into Skugs, and there’s a brief battle with the Skugs, and the Troopers, and Jeremy just kicking, and dodging each other until the Troopers, and Jeremy knock them into each other.

After the fight the Troopers congratulate Jeremy who explains the he doesn’t have any formal training so Kaitlin invites him to the dojo but Ryan, and JB are suspicious of him.

At the dojo Ryan practices on some boards, and JB practices with a bo staff, and Jeremy then shows off some moves, and Kaitlin is impressed but Ryan, and JB are still suspicious of how he can be so good without training.

Then JB tries to explain to Jeremy how he’s been trying to convince Tao to raise the price of enrollment, and Jeremy is able to figure out how much JB thinks it will make.

And while JB figures it out on the computer Jeremy reaches into his backpack, and scans the VR disc with his hand, and absorbs the data while Ryan, and JB are further suspicious, and Kaitlin however remains impressed, and later at Ziktor industries Jeremy shows Ziktor the data in his hand, and Ziktor gives a title drop.

At the Underground Voice Daily Kaitlin is talking to Jeremy who says he’s doing a story on the VR Troopers, and mentions that he’s figured out they have a secret lab near Crossworld City, and this finally makes Kaitlin suspicious enough to look him up but can’t find any records on Jeremy so she calls JB to go to the lab with her but Ryan’s busy with an errand while Jeremy hacks into the lab’s computers.

Zabitan 01/30/15 09:23 PM

At the lab Kaitlin, and JB try to research who Jeremy really is, and are able to figure out he’s a virtual being but when they try to leave the doors are locked, and the alarms are going off, and Jeremy appears on the lab’s monitor to tell them that he’s put an energy dampener that prevents them from transforming, and has rigged the portal to send who ever goes through to a virtual combat zone.

Ryan leaves the Dojo to go to the lab while Grimlord orders Graybot to transform into his true form, and battle Ryan in the Battle Grid while JB, and Kaitlin are helpless as Ryan walks into the portal, and we’re treated to a Battle Grid segment with just Ryan.

First we get a full portal sequence with Ryan then he lands in the Battle Grid wondering why he’s there, and then the Skugs show up so he jumps into the air doing some cool scissor kick then some Skugs try to come after him so punches them into each other.

Then we get some recycled footage from Searching for Tyler Steele before Ryan destroys the rest of the Skugs, and we get a return to reality sequence with just Ryan then he appears in a field as Brad Hawkins again.

Ryan wonders where he is then Graybot shows up, and Ryan figures out who he is from his voice, and transforms into Trooper form Graybot then fires arrows at him but Ryan jumps out of the way, does a jump punch on him.

At the lab JB, and Kaitlin find out that Graybot also activated the Labs self destruct sequence but JB is able to deactivate it, and get the lab working normally again so he, and Kaitlin transform, and use the Skybase to rescue Ryan but are attacked by Air Fighters.

Meanwhile Graybot taunts Ryan before shooting his arrows, and hits Ryan but then Ryan uses lighting laser to block them but Graybot fires some more, and pins Ryan but Ryan summons the Turbo cycle which JB and Kaitlin who are still fighting Air Fighters use to find Ryan.

Then the Turbo Cycle appears, and Graybot fires arrows at it but they bounce off, and Ryan gets on, and rams Graybot with it but Graybot fires missles from his chest but Ryan keeps dodging them so Graybot just grabs the Turbo Cycle with his bare hands, and throws it at Ryan but Ryan gets out of the way, and does a jump kick, and breaks Graybot’s arrows.

But Graybot makes spikes come out of his arm, and tries to hit Ryan but Ryan blocks, and then they both roll down a hill then Ryan kicks Graybot who then hits Ryan with his arm spikes but Ryan finishes with Lighting Laser but after some dramatic pacing Graybot gets back up, and fires one more arrow but Ryan catches, and throws it away, and Graybot falls back down, and blows up, and Grimlord chastitises his mutants for failure.

At the Underground Voice Daily Kaitlin gets another RC-gram but it turns out to be Ryan, and JB, and then we get another comedy bit from Woody.

Zabitan 01/30/15 09:24 PM

Final Thoughts

Today’s episode was pretty good I thought.

I liked the idea of Grimlord sending in one of his robots disguised as a human to infiltrate the Troopers.

And I liked the design behind by him as well.

I also liked seeing the Battle Grid fight with Ryan since we actually got to see him win, and once again it was pretty cool to see another Battle Grid fight that didn’t come right after the Skug fight.

Really I only have one complaint, and it’s more of a nitpick, and a really strange nitpick at that since it ties back into stuff I said back in The Dojo Plot about wanting that episode to be a two parter or something

You see this episode skipped footage from the Metalder episode but you see in the Metalder episode Graybot was an old repair robot, and Cannonbot was his apprentice, and he escaped to fight Metalder personally to prove himself to the other robots.

Well the reason I bring this up was that they showed Graybot beating up, and blowing up other robots, and talking to Cannonbot, and it made me want to see something similar in VR Troopers with the master/apprentice switched with Graybot being a rookie mutant trying to prove himself to Grimlord with the parts where he beats up, and destroys other robots being him training, and then he gets destroyed by Ryan so in the next part Cannonbot tries to avenge Graybot.

It’s also because I remember when PRangerX once made a thread about this very episode because Jeremy reminded him of Tommy when he first showed up, and how he wished Jeremy would turn out to be a real person who would join the Troopers.

And I only bring this up because it reminds me off a couple of similar things I tried to come up with for VR Troopers fanfics.

For instance when I found out that in Spielban Col Icebot, and Red Python where the hero’s father, and sister before being turned into bad guys.

And in Metalder The Armor Army were just human warriors, magicians, and athletes who just wore power armor, and I heard that even the Robot Army started out as humans who had their brains put into robot bodies, and the Monster Army started out as people who were genetically altered into mutants.

Plus there are a lot of later episodes where Grimlord either turns people into mutants or has existing ones disguise themselves as people.

Anyway that gave me the idea to want to see it where all of Grimlord’s mutants at least the high ranking ones where really humans like Ivar or Decimator being his head of security.

Also I wanted to see other Metal Hero shows besides just Metalder, Spielban, and Shaider become VR Troopers.

As well as wanting everything that was multi parters, and story arcs in the Metal Hero shows to be multi parters in VR Troopers but with the VR Troopers storylines.

So I came up with this crazy story where they used the footage for this episode for The Dojo Plot which was a two parter, but they still used the actual story but saved for Season Two, and combined it with Rise of The Red Python, and Kaitlin through the looking glass, and made Jeremy start out as Mad Gallant but turn into Juspion.

I don’t know I’m just throwing out ideas.

Zabitan 02/02/15 10:30 PM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at No One’s Friend written by Mark Litton, and directed by Worth Keeter

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan talks about how his dad told him it was important to keep your friends close.

Then we see Ryan at the Underground Voice Daily when some stereotypical masked thug tries to get him from behind but he flips over the thug, and pins him down to the delight of Kaitlin, Woody, and various other reporters.

Then Ryan pulls up the thug who’s really JB, and it turns out the whole thing was just an act to promote free self defense classes at Tao dojo, and Woody wants every reporter to show up, and wants Kaitlin to do a story on it.

Just then Mrs. Rooney shows up with another stereotypical nerdy looking guy, and goes up to Woody, and it turns out that the nerdy looking guy is Mrs. Rooney’s spoiled nephew Percival Rooney who despite his protest will henceforth simply be called Percy.

Mrs. Rooney wants Woody to hire Percy but Woody initially doesn’t want to until Mrs. Rooney brings up how much they paid for campaign ads so Woody begrudgingly hires him but passes Percy off to Kaitlin.

Meanwhile at Ziktor industries Ziktor is talking to a random young Asian man who’s obviously one of his Skugs in human form, and tells him to infiltrate the self defense class, and spar with JB, and Kaitlin, and we see the Skug holding some green energy between his hands.

Then the Skug leaves, and Ziktor transforms into Grimlord, and goes to the virtual dungeon where he, and Ivar, and Icebot explain the evil plan of the day which is that when the Skug touches JB, and Kaitlin it will infect them with a spell from today’s monster a white robot with shoulder mounted guns named Polarbot, and put them under Polarbot’s control turning them against Ryan.

Later at the self defense class Ryan, JB, and Tao are helping out the people who came while Kaitlin takes pictures, Percy takes notes, and Grimlord’s stares menacingly (though it looks more like he’s stoned).

Then we get a comedy bit where Percy tries to get out of participating in the class by claiming he has a topaz belt but Tao quickly calls out his bluff

While it’s the Skugs turn to spar with JB, and when JB bows the Skug kicks him into Kaitlin infecting both of them with Polarbot’s spell, and when Ryan tries to catch the Skug but fails then we see the spell is working because Tao tries to offer some tea, and they tell him it’s new age hippy bullshit.

Then Grimlord asks Polarbot to have JB, and Kaitlin fight Ryan while we can see S, and K the two female villains from Metalder who weren’t adapted (unless you count spiritually as Ziktor’s secretaries) because they couldn’t be passed off as robots in the background if you look hard enough.

Then JB starts insulting Ryan claiming that if he was in charge they would have found his dad already, and proceeds to fight Ryan while Kaitlin cheers on, and Tao tries to get them to stop, and everyone else just watches, and Ryan pins JB, and JB, and Kaitlin just leave.

Later at the Underground Voice Daily Ryan is confused by what’s happened to JB, and Kaitlin so he, and Jeb go to see Kaitlin who’s eating cake with Percy listing off how he’s allergic to everything then we get a comedy bit with Jeb causing Percy to get cake on his face.

Then Kaitlin yells at Ryan for bringing over Jeb, and Ryan apologizes, and aske Kaitlin what’s wrong, and she says the same thing as JB which is that they’re tired of taking orders from Ryan, and Ryan wants to talk to JB to get this sorted out, and Kaitlin decides to take Ryan to JB who’s out in the middle of nowhere, and it turns out to be a trap to get Ryan ambushed by Skugs.

First one tries to kick Ryan but he kicks it then two more try to kick him but he blocks, and punches one while kicking the other, then a Skug comes after him but he throws it away, and kicks it while he wonders why JB, and Kaitlin aren’t helping.

Then he kicks one Skug, flips over another, and then kicks, and punches the third then pins one down punches, and kicks away another, and then punches one before flipping it over on the first one destroying them so Grimlord decides to take the fight to the Battle Grid.

Then we get another Battle Grid segment with just Ryan that’s more or less the same as the one from Virtual Spy except just before the Searching for Tyler Steele footage there’s some recycled footage from The Dognapping before we get some new footage of the Skugs surrounding Ryan before we get a cool part where one of the Skugs jumps in the air, and Ryan punches it mid air.

Anyway afterwards Ryan returns to reality, and asks JB, and Kaitlin what’s wrong, and they just transform but he doesn’t want to fight his friends so he escapes in Kaitlin’s car so Grimlord orders them to go into the Skybase while Polarbot fires at Ryan in Kaitlin’s car.

Then Grimlord orders Air Striker, and Fighterbot to assist Polarbot, so Ryan tries to escape in Kaitlin’s car’s flight mode but Grimlord’s mutants, and the evil Troopers fire at him but he tricks JB, and Kaitlin into destroying Air Striker, and Fighterbot, and escapes to the lab.

At the lab Ryan messes with some machines at the lab, and when JB, and Kaitlin try to get in the lab JB moves a joystick, and it activates a force field that cuts off their VR Trooper powers, then the Professor explains to Ryan how their linked to Polarbot, and that Polarbot is in the real world but also has three other mutants helping so Ryan transforms.

Ryan first fights off three mutants The Blade, an unnamed silver skeleton themed robot who will later be known as Chrome Dome, and a blue horned robot who later be called Minotaurbot.

After fighting off The Blade, Chrome Dome, and Minotaurbot Ryan goes after Polarbot, and they both teleport to a rock quarry where Polarbot just fires lasers at Ryan but Ryan dodges them, and jumps into the air, and does a flying kick at Polarbot.

At the lab JB, and Kaitlin play into Jeb’s ego, and trick him into letting them out of the force field then transform again, and get back in the Skybase to help Polarbot destroy Ryan.

But Ryan kicks the cliff Polarbot is standing on causing him to fall off allowing Ryan to kick him, and then perform a corkscrew attack that destroys Polarbot turning JB, and Kaitlin good again so Grimlord orders Ivar to destroy Ryan but JB destroys Ivar’s tank instead, and Grimlord once again shames his mutants for failure.

Later at the Underground Voice Daily the Troopers are glad everything is back to normal, and then Woody shows up to explain he’s making Percy do another self defense class, and we get one last comedy bit where Percy tries to show off his karate skills but messes up.

Final Thoughts

Honestly I think this more than even some of the other episodes my all time favorite so far.

I like the idea of Grimlord turning JB, and Kaitlin against Ryan I just think the idea was bigger than what they could I actually do since Ryan came from a different Metal Hero show then JB, and Kaitlin, and it wasn’t like there was a Chojinki Metalder vs Jikku Senshi Spielban back in 1987.

Then again since this episode had a Battle Grid segment I wished they had found a way to make it where Ryan had to fight JB, and Kaitlin in the Battle Grid since even if the suits were meant more for toys than footage it still would have been a good way to at least see Ryan fight JB, and Kaitlin in some transformed hand to hand combat.

I did like the one we did get from a purely visual production stand point even if all it really did was add a clip that wasn’t in the last one.

I also like how this episode introduces Geek Nation columnist, and the first VR Troopers cast member to appear at Morphicon Aaron Pruner as one of my favorite characters on the show Percy who will more or less become the main comic relief character alongside Woody, and Jeb though Poindexter, and Percy’s aunt, and uncle will still make occasional appearances.

I’m guessing he was created to more or less combine elements of the Mayor, and his wife (spoiled rich person who’s the target of Jeb’s antics) with Poindexter (stereotypical nerd).

It also has a brief appearance by actor Crispin Alapag as the Skug who puts the spell on JB, and Kaitlin.

I also liked how they didn’t waste anything from the Metalder episode in fact they actually used multiple little fights from various episodes for this which I thought was cool.

I also liked the brief appearance of S, and K from Metalder in the background during the parts where Polarbot, and Grimlord where in the virtual dungeon.

Zabitan 02/03/15 06:39 PM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Dogmatic Change written by Sam Orkun, and directed by John Grant Weil.

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan once again talks about how his dad taught him that appearances are deceiving, and how you need to give someone time to show their true colors.

At the animal shelter Kaitlin is taking pictures for a story she hopes will get people to adopt the homeless animals while she, and the other Troopers along with Jeb go on about how sad it all is.

Meanwhile at Ziktor industries Ziktor once again takes a page from the Power Ranger villain handbook when Kaitlin’s article gives him the idea to transform into Grimlord, and order Icebot to create a potion that will turn pets in mutants so he can turn Crossworld City’s stray animals into his own personal army.

At Tao dojo JB is practicing a technique while Ryan, Kaitlin, Tao, and a little girl named Lindsay watch, and after a brief bit where Lindsay isn’t sure if she can do it, and JB tells her she can.

Kaitlin gets a call from Ziktor who gives a fake accent, and tells her he’s from a dog food company, and wants Kaitlin to take pictures for a new commercial, as well as bring a dog to star in it, and naturally she chooses Jeb who’s excited to star in his own commercial but Ziktor has one of his Skugs in the form of smarmy Hollywood director to be there when Kaitlin, and Jeb show up.

Later at the virtual dungeon Grimlord is messing with a weird old computer looking machine, and explains that as soon as Jeb has taken the mutagen Grimlord will summon him with a teleportation machine while the machine he’s messing with will control Jeb, and Toxoid will be in charge of the mission.

At the dog food commercial Kaitlin is taking pictures while Jeb eats the dog food, Ryan, and JB watch, and the producer secretly sips the mutagen in one of the plates of food for Jeb to eat, and afterwards the producer calls Ziktor on the phone to let him know the plan worked.

Later at the Underground Voice Daily the Troopers are looking at the pictures, and congratulating Jeb who’s already turning evil from the mutagen, and snaps at them before running off to scare a random pair of joggers.

Then the producer shows up, and Jeb teleports away while the Troopers wonder what happened to Jeb, and find the producer, and confront him but he transforms into an army of Skugs.

Ryan kicks one Skug, and punches another, JB throws one, and Kaitlin kicks two more Ryan kicks his Skugs while JB throws his Skug again, and Kaitlin keeps kicking her Skugs then Ryan, and Kaitlin kick their Skugs some more while JB punches kicks, and throws his Skug.

Then Ryan punches, and flips his Skugs while JB kicks his Skugs while Kaitlin kicks, and punches her Skugs, and destroys them then Ryan throws one Skug, and kicks the other into it destroying it, and JB just kicks his Skugs into each other destroying the last of them.

After the battle the Troopers realize what’s going on, and decide to take Jeb’s bowl to the lab for analysis while at the virtual dungeon Jeb has just finished mutating, and teleports into the mutant transporter, and for his first mission he, and Toxoid will go to the Zoo, and release the animals.

At the lab Kaitlin puts a sample on the microscope tray so that the lab’s scanner can see what it’s made out of, and the Professor explains that it contains a mutagen so the Troopers decide to look for the plant that makes the mutagen, and destroy it.

But a news report appears showing mutant Jeb rampaging at the Zoo so the Troopers transform with Ryan going after Jeb while the others destroy the mutagen plant.

Jeb jumps at Ryan who does a jump kick, and then flips Jeb over, and pins him down to try to reason with him but Jeb throws Ryan, and bites him so Ryan tries to reason with him some more but Jeb starts throwing him a bunch of times while JB, and Kaitlin find the mutagen plant but are attacked by jet fighters.

Then Jeb jumps at Ryan who punches Jeb but Jeb grows a drill, and tries to attack Ryan so Ryan asks the Professor to create a non mutated dog to remind Jeb of who he is while JB, and Kaitlin destroy Grimlord’s jet fighters.

Then Ryan kicks off Jeb who then tries to jump at Ryan but he jumps out of the way, and grabs Jeb, and takes him to some nearby water while the Professor sends the virtual image of a talking St. Bernard to where Jeb, and Ryan are just as Jeb is biting Ryan, and the virtual St. Bernard reminds Jeb of who he is but when he turns on Toxoid Toxoid sprays Jeb with some acid foam.

Kaitlin, and JB destroy the chemical plant that made the mutagen, and Ryan takes Jeb who’s returned to normal back to the lab to save him from the acid foam while Grimlord once again swears vengeance.
Then there’s one more scene at the animal shelter where the Mayor gives a speech while we get one last comedy bit where Jeb steals Mrs. Rooney’s purse, and tricks her into getting locked in a cage.

Final Thoughts

Well this was another one of those episodes that wasn’t as good as a lot of previous episodes but wasn’t as bad since it was pretty much like the last episode but with Jeb instead of the other Troopers except this time he was the actual MOTD instead of just under it’s control.

I did like Jeb’s mutant form as well.

And I can’t think of anything that really got skipped from the Metalder episode other than some parts where the Japanese version of mutant Jeb fought Metalder’s human form which they obviously couldn’t use, and brief part where the bad guys turned a cat into a mutant but it got destroyed as soon as it was created so it’s not like it got a fight or anything.

One thing I did notice is how like The Dognapping was to it’s Metalder episode, and Virtual V6 was to it’s Spielban episode this episode is surprisingly similar to it’s source footage episode with the only real difference was that the bad guys used the machine that became a teleporter here, and the monster was a different dog than Jeb’s Japanese counterpart.

Zabitan 02/04/15 09:10 PM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Save The Trees written by J.K. Richards, and directed by Worth Keeter.

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan talks about how his dad taught him about the importance of trees, and nature.

Then we see the Troopers biking through the woods while this weird slo mo effect that looks like it came from some 80’s music video (I seriously for a sec thought maybe Netflix wasn’t working when I watched it) plays, and then Ryan tries to sneak in another “My dad used to” moment.

Meanwhile at Ziktor industries Ziktor is bullying Mayor Rooney into letting him clear out the old growth forest, and at first Rooney tries to argue that he can’t do that but then Ziktor threatens him, and he leaves.

Then Ziktor transforms into Grimlord, and we find out from Decimator who’s looking at a clear plastic map that no surprise they need to destroy Crossworld forest because it’s the reality barrier is weakest there.

Later at the Underground Voice Daily Woody explains to the Troopers what’s going on, and Percy explains why so the Troopers themselves decide to confront Ziktor personally, and the weird thing is when they confront him he actually tries to pretend to be nice to them, and even crazier still the Troopers believe him.

Anyway later at Tao dojo Ryan, and JB are practicing, and Kaitlin finally remembers that they don’t trust Ziktor so they go back to the forest to see for themselves what’s going on, and so Kaitlin can take pictures but Ziktor watches them, and after a brief comedy bit from Jeb a bunch of random hikers show up, and turn into Skugs.

First the Troopers hit the Skugs with their bikes as they all dismount then the Skugs jump at the Troopers then JB, and a Skug kick each other then Ryan tries to karate chop a Skug but gets punched instead, and Kaitlin kicks, and punches one.

Then JB kicks, and punches his Skug, Ryan also punches, and kicks his Skug, and Kaitlin flips hers over then JB, and Ryan do the same then finally the Troopers with Jeb’s help kick the Skugs into each other destroying them.

Then the Troopers go back to the Underground Voice Daily where there’s a comedy bit with Percy getting his tie stuck in the copier, and Woody trying to get him out while the Troopers decide to go to the lab, and see if the Professor has a solution while Jeb complains about fleas.

At the lab the Troopers ask the Professor for help, and he mentions that Ryan’s father was interested in the forest, and has files on it but nothing that can help then Jeb mentions his fleas, and the Professor knows that he’s talking about blue fleas, which JB points out is an endangered species which could get the forest protected by the government so JB puts one of Jeb’s fleas into the Lab’s scanner, and it proves to be a blue flea.

Then just as a lumberjack has his chainsaw revved up the Troopers show up with a paper, and a sign labeling the forest a protected reserve but Ziktor is undaunted, and transforms into Grimlord, and asks for a mutant who can destroy the forest, and Decimator recommends a black, and white mutant with a weird brown face named Chainbot while Grimlord also orders Ivar to assist with his tank as well.

While at the lab Ryan in Trooper mode experiments with a new machine called the image multiplier that enables him to turn into three Ryan’s at once, and after Ryan turns back into Brad Hawkins the Professor asks for some more blue flea samples but Jeb doesn’t want to volunteer so it’s back to the forest but when they get their they hear noises, and split up to investigate, and Ryan runs into Chainbot, and transforms.

Chainbot tries to attack Ryan with a spiked ball, and chain but Ryan dodges it so Chainbot summons some mutant Skugs but Ryan fights them off but then gets attacked by Chainbot but then is able to handle Chainbot, and the mutant Skugs at once.

Meanwhile Kaitilin, and JB find the rest of Grimlord’s army trying to clear through the forest so they transform as well, and we get to see some cool American footage of JB using the Vortex command, and then we get a part where it looks like JB, and Kaitlin are going to fight Ivar but he instead sends Skugs after them.

Ryan is being pushed to the edge of a seaside cliff, and Chainbot hits him of with his spiked ball but Ryan summons the VR Turbo Cycle then jumps off, and uses the image multiplier to become four Ryan’s at once so Chainbot pulls out a sword, and slashes at the multiple Ryan’s but because their holograms it can’t hit them then Ryan kicks Chainbot’s sword out of his hands then Ryan jumps around, and hits Chainbot with a backwards kick.

Meanwhile Kaitlin is fighting off Skugs while JB fights Ivar with his sword but Ivar keeps slashing at him but JB, and Kaitlin team up, and use their lasers to blow up Ivar but he escapes in a flying turtle shaped airship, and Grimlord once again shames his minions for failure.

Later at the Underground Voice Daily Woody congratulates Kaitlin on her story about the forest, and the Troopers in general for saving it, and then we get one last comedy bit where Jeb’s fleas have now moved to Percy.

Final Thoughts

Honestly I just wasn’t really feeling this episode mostly because a lot of it felt like a mishmash of various parts from earlier episodes.

I thought the parts where Ziktor tried to pretend to be nice, and the Troopers believed him was all right I wouldn’t have cared if he was like that all the time but up until this point he’s been open about his assholeness, and only gotten away with anything by bullying the Mayor which he still does.

Another problem that it reminds me of that I should talk about if I haven’t already have is how in Metalder a lot of the bad guys that Metalder spared would later show up as good guys either making it out okay or getting destroyed by their former allies.

Well the reason I bring this up is because in the Metalder episode this was based on the Japanese version of Hammerbot returned as a good guy to help Metalder fight Chainbot.

It makes me whish they swapped out Hammerbot in Grimlord’s Challenge for another Metalder monster, and combined this episode with say another episode with a give a hoot don’t pollute episode that maybe either didn’t have a Metalder monster or had one that could easily swapped out as way to justify having Hammerbot switch sides.

It also bugged me that they didn’t even show Ryan actually destroying Chainbot even when the footage was perfectly usable.

I did like the fight with Ivar though it made me think that maybe one alternative to using a Metalder monster, and a Spielban monster in the same episode was maybe having it where when the monster is from Metalder JB fights Ivar or Icebot but if it’s a Spielban monster Ryan fights Decimator, Zelton, or Toxoid but then you would probably have to recycle more footage that way.

Zabitan 02/06/15 04:27 PM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at A Dirty Trick written by Robert Hughes, and directed by John Grant Weil.

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan talks about how his dad taught him about the power of illusion, and to always have a trick up your own sleeve.

Then we see the Troopers handing fliers to announce a party at the dojo to celebrate the 10 year anniversary, and Ziktor once again reads from the Power Rangers villain playbook, and is inspired to transform into Grimlord, and announce his plan to use the party as a way to steal the Troopers' virtualizers.

Later at the party after a comedy bit with the mayor, and his wife Kaitlin shows up to congratulate Tao for receiving a citation of honor from the mayor.

Then she sees Ryan, and JB hitting on some girls, and then we get a comedy bit with Jen drinking from the punch bowl then the mayor gives Tao a plauqe.

Then a magician carrying a briefcase that says Lex the Magnificent shows up, and he performs various magic tricks for the audience.

Then he requests audience volunteers, and picks Kaitlin, and JB who are glad to be chosen then he covers them with his cape, takes their virtualisers, and disappears.

Kaitlin, and JB then chase off after the magician, and Ryan follows them, and eventually the Troopers get to an alley with three garbage men who turn out to be Skugs, and not only that but the magician has escaped to the roof of a nearby building, and Ryan transforms to go after the magician who turns out to be a virtual mutant.

Ryan tries to jump kick The Magician but he disappears with his cape while Kaitlin punches two a Skug, and JB kicks the others.

Then Kaitlin kicks her Skug while JB gets kicked by his Skugs, Kaitlin's Skug tries to strangle her so she fights it off.

While The Magician banishes Ryan to another dimension where The Magician throws a giant playing card at him but Ryan dodges it only to get hit by explosions.

Then JB kicks his Skugs who then try to grab him but gets out, and throws them on the ground while Kaitlin throws her Skug away into JB's Skugs destroying them.

Ryan doesn't have as much luck since when he tries to go after The Magician The Magician simply once again disappears sending Ryan off the building.

Then a Battle Grid alert breaks out, and despite not having their virtualizers Kaitlin, and JB are still able to transform into Battle Grid mode to join Ryan.

Not only that but instead of all three Troopers landing at same, and talking about what's going on we get the Troopers landing one at a time from JB, Ryan, and finally Kaitlin without dialogue, and when they do the V, R, Troopers thing we see the full suits instead of just the helmets.

Then we get some recycled Kaitlin's Front Page footage mixed with new stuff for Kaitlin, then Ryan punches some Skugs, and JB kicks some more.

Then some recycled footage from the Dognapping in reverse, then JB kicks a Skug, and puts it in a choke hold, then some recycled Virtual Spy footage followed by some new stuff where Kaitlin jumps then lands, and kicks a Skug, grabs another

Then some recycled Searching for Tyler Steele stuff, then Kaitlin kicks a Skug, and Ryan flips another over then JB, and Kaitlin kick some more Skugs, JB knocks some Skugs into each other, and then finally we get some recycled Searching for Tyler Steele footage of Kaitlin destroying the last of the Skugs, and then the Troopers return to reality.

Zabitan 02/06/15 04:28 PM

At the Lab Kaitlin explains what happened, and the Professor makes them all put on the visors to show them some Metalder footage to explain what we already know that if they can't get back the stolen virtualizers there's no way to stop the virtual army.

So Ryan comes up with a plan where Kaitlin, and JB take her car to scan for The Magician, when they find him Ryan will transform, and get back their virtualizers while at the virtual dungeon Grimlord orders Icebot to steal Ryan's virtualizer when he tries to take back the others.

Kaitlin, and JB fly around in Kaitlin's car but can't find The Magician so the Professor tells them check sector Q4 but still don't find anything so JB uses the image enhancer, and finds him, Ryan transforms to battle The Magician.

The Magician makes swords rain down that turn into a cage, and trap Ryan so that the Gunbots can blow him up but Ryan drills his way through the dirt, and escapes so The Magician makes a rose appear that can create windstorms, and explosions, then turns into a wand that can shoot flames.

Meanwhile Air Striker, and Fighterbot attack Kaitlin's car so Kaitlin tries to escape but then they get attacked by the Gunbots, and when they escape the Gunbots are attacked by the Airbots again.

Meanwhile The Magician throws a spear at Ryan who catches it, and tries to attack The Magician with it but The Magician keeps disappearing, and using illusions, and kicks Ryan.

Meanwhile Air Striker, and Fighterbot are still attacking Kaitlin's car so Kaitlin rams her car into Air Striker which knocks him into Fighterbot, and destroys them.

Meanwhile Ryan uses his scanner to find The Magician, and throws the spear at him, but The Magician catches it, and hits Ryan with it but Ryan then grabs it, and throws The Magician then punches The Magician before finally finishing off with Lighting Hand.

When JB, and Kaitlin show up Ryan shows them their Virtualizers but Grimlord remains undaunted, and orders Ivar to destroy the Troopers in his tank but JB transforms, and uses the Battle Cruiser to knock it off a cliff, and Grimlord once again chastises his minions.

Later at the lab Kaitlin does a magic trick, JB makes a cheeseburger with the lab's machines, and we get on last comedy bit with Jeb eating the burger.

Zabitan 02/06/15 04:30 PM

Final Thoughts

Honestly I really liked today's episode.

In fact I think it, ranks right up there with Searching for Tyler Steele, Error in The System, Grimlord's Challenge, Virtual V6, and No One's Friend in terms of favorite episodes so far at least from production standpoints

It had a simple but neat premise with Grimlord stealing JB, and Kaitlin's virtualizers.

Also I can't really think of anything that was really skipped from the Metalder episode.

I liked the Battle Grid segment in fact I think it's probably my favorite one.

Oddly enough my only problem with it is that the Battle Grid segment didn't make much sense other than to give Kaitlin some transformed fighting.

And even then I would either simply replace it with a Battle Grid segment with just Ryan, put this episode's Battle Grid segment in another episode, and replace the part where Kaitlin fights Air Striker, and Fighterbot in her car with one where she fights Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers in the Skybase.

Or Alternatively keep it but separate the Skug battle from Ryan's first fight with The Magician, and have it where the magician for the party is a real guy that Grimlord has his Skugs kidnap, and the Troopers have to rescue him.

And the Skug battle, and Battle Grid segment happen before the first fight with The Magician.

Oddly enough this the last time we'll see all three Troopers together in Battle Grid mode this season, and the last time we'll see Kaitlin in Battle Grid mode this season unless you count a blink, and you'll miss it bit in Who's King of the Mountain?

Zabitan 02/07/15 04:04 PM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at My Dog's Girlfriend written by Margo McMahon, and directed by Worth Keeter.

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan talks about how his dad told him told him that love will always find a way.

Then we see the Troopers on roller skates looking for Jeb who's looking a little boy playing with a girl dog, and her puppies, and the little boy named Timmy let's Jeb, and the Troopers play with the girl dog who's named Princess, and has won a dog show but Timmy's mother doesn't approve of Princess, and Jeb's relationship.

Meanwhile Grimlord is still reading the Power Rangers villain playbook since he comes up with a plan to use Princess' puppies as bait to destroy the Troopers so he transforms into Grimlord, and summons Ivar, and Icebot who have finished a new robot called the Trooper Terminator that looks like an evil version of Johnny Five from the Short Circuit movies.

Meanwhile at Tao dojo the Troopers are trying to cheer Jeb up by singing the Doggy Rap from Kaitlin's Front Page but Tao comes in, and tells them to stop so they just hug Jeb instead.

Back at the virtual dungeon Grimlord requests a field test of the Trooper Terminator so the Gunbots, and Airbots fire at the Trooper Terminator but it dodges their attacks, and destroys them with its own attacks.

Meanwhile at the Underground Voice Daily Kaitlin, and Jeb see Timmy, and his mother with Princess and her puppies, and Woody comes to tell her he wants Kaitlin, and Percy to do a story about Princess

Then Jeb, Princess, and the puppies try to run off, and Timmy's mom, and some reporters get the puppies, and Woody, Kaitlin, and Timmy find Jeb, and Princess in a closet.

Then at the virtual dungeon the Trooper Terminator is practicing on some targets of the Troopers, and Grimlord is pleased so he orders his minions to kidnap Princess' puppies.

When Jeb, and Kaitlin go to see the puppies when a creepy looking dog catcher guy shows up to take the puppies, and Jeb, and transforms into some Skugs.

While Kaitlin fights off two of them by kicking, and dodging them the third steals the puppies, and then Kaitlin tricks the Skugs into destroying each other, and gets Jeb out of the net.

Zabitan 02/07/15 04:06 PM

After a brief bit with Air Striker, and Grimlord spying on the Troopers the Troopers arrive at the lab to explain what happened, and the Professor makes everyone put on the visors, and shows some Metalder footage of the Gunbots putting the puppies in a mine field , and the Trooper Terminator waiting.

The Professor also warns that Air Fighters are in the area while the Professor urges caution Jeb reminds the Troopers of Princess' puppies, and they transform.

Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers fire on JB, and Kaitlin while the Gunbots fire on Ryan, and Ivar gets in his ravage tank, and summons his tanks so Kaitlin summons the Skybase, and pilots the Battle Cruiser.

Ryan uses his scanner to find the puppies surrounded by land mines, and he sees two Gunbots, surprises them with a jump kick, then beats them up, and gets the puppies so Tankotron alerts the Trooper Terminator, and it, and the Gunbots fire at Ryan but he gets out of the way, and puts the puppies in a safe spot while one of the Gunbots trips on a land mine, and blows itself up.

Kaitlin continues to fight Ivar, and his tanks while the Trooper Terminator fires lasers at Ryan who dodges them, and hides so he can scan the Trooper Terminator, and finds his weakness is that it takes him a while to switch between types of vision,

So Ryan uses Laser Fist to charge up a rock, and throws it at the Trooper Terminator who shoots a laser at it giving Ryan enough time to rush at it, and decapitate the Trooper Terminator while JB uses Techno Bazooka to destroy the Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers.

Then a Gumbot fires missiles at Ryan but he dodges, and grabs the Gunbot, and they both struggle before Ryan throws it in the air then jumps, punches the Gunbot, and throws it at some explosives destroying it.

While Kaitlin destroys the last of the tanks, pushes Ivar's tank off a cliff, then Skugs show up take off their heads, and kick them at JB causing explosions that damage him so Kaitlin gives him a recharge, and Ryan makes sure the puppies are okay, and Grimlord once again shames his mutants.

Later at the Underground Voice Daily everyone is celebrating the safe return of the puppies, and the mayor, and his wife show up, and we get a comedy bit where Jeb pulls off the mayor's wife's skirt, then, he, and Princess run off, and everyone finds them in the closet again, and it seems that Timmy's mom finally approves of Jeb.

Zabitan 02/07/15 04:07 PM

Final Thoughts

Today's was pretty good I thought since I liked the story with Jeb, and Princess.

I honestly think it's funny how it seems like Jeb actually has more focus episodes than the Troopers.

First getting kidnapped, then turned into a monster, and now falling in love, and having his girlfriend's kids get kidnapped.

I was also surprised by how close it seemed to the Metalder episode since the only difference was the Metalder episode had a dad, and his daughter instead of a mother, and son.

And the idea with the Trooper Terminator in it was that it was just an experimental weapon they were trying to sell to various governments, and the puppies just happened to be there when they were testing it.

I do wish they kept the part where Cannon Nose's Japanese counterpart actually liked the puppies, and even sacrificed himself to save them.

I also liked seeing Kaitlin recharge JB again since this, and Error in the System are the only times she does it.

I also liked seeing the Skugs throw their heads since it's a pretty cool power along with pretending to be people.

In fact as we'll see later the Skugs actually have all sorts of cool powers which makes their weakness to touching each other all the more surreal.

And with this we are 2/5s of the way through season one.

Zabitan 02/09/15 06:25 PM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Digging For Fire written by Adam,Gilad, and directed by Jonathan Grant Weil.

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan once again talks about how his dad told him told him to never give up no matter how hard it seems.

Then we see the Troopers looking for a present for Two's birthday, and first they look at flowers but decide against it, then we get a comedy bit with Jen trying to eat a flower, then the Troopers decide to buy a pot from a nearby vendor when an earthquake hits which isn't supposed to happen in Crossworld City so Kaitlin goes to Underground Voice Daily, and investigate, and the other Troopers go to the lab.

Meanwhile at Ziktor industries we find out that no surprise Ziktor is responsible as he's working on a secret tunneling project then he transforms into Grimlord, and goes the virtual dungeon to explain that he's tunneling to the center of the Earth for power.

He then requests a mutant to protect the tunneling project, and a purple, and yellow mutant with large gloves, and bulky upper body armor but light leg armor named Fistbot volunteers.

At the Underground Voice Daily we get a comedy bit with Woody in full protective gear next an earthquake kit before Kaitlin asks to search the backlogs.

While at the lab JB asks the Professor if Crossworld City has a faultline, and before JB can ask if a new one has opened since the last survey the Professor is way ahead, and has Ryan, and JB put on visors, and they find Grimlord's tunnels.

Then the Troopers drive over to where they think the tunnels are but can't find a place to park so Ryan splits off to investigate but Grimlord decides to send Skugs, and just when Kaitlin parks her car a parking attendant gets up, and turns into a Skug, and more show up.

Then the Skugs try to kick at JB, and Kaitlin but they block it, then JB punches ,and kicks them, and Kaitlin kicks them, then JB punches, kicks, and throws a Skug while Kaitlin flips over another Skug, and kicks it, and another.

Meanwhile Ryan is trying to get inside but it's locked then some skater dudes show up, and tell him it's always locked, and that they always hear weird noises then they just skate away.

Then a flying fist almost hits Ryan, and he sees Fistbot, and transforms then Fistbot jumps at Ryan but Ryan dodges so Fistbot punches, and kiss kicks him but Ryan keeps blocking, and grabs Fistbot's arm so he fires a fist but it misses, and Ryan throws Fistbot, and punches, and kicks him so Fistbot retreats.

Meanwhile JB dodges a Skug then kicks it, and another then hits one with a car door, kicks the Skugs into each other then Skugs try to punch Kaitlin but she tricks them into destroying each other.

Then the Troopers meet back up, and figure out that Grimlord's up to something then an even bigger earthquake happens so the Troopers go back to the lab, and investigate some more.

Zabitan 02/09/15 06:26 PM

At the lab the Troopers try to figure out what's going on, and when Ryan says volcano it gives JB, and the Professor an idea, so the Troopers put on their visors, and we get some Zyuranger footage of what could happen if Grimlord drills to the center of the Earth so the Troopers go back to where they saw the Skugs, and Fistbot.

The Troopers then sneak into the building Ryan couldn't get into, and split up but activate the alarms, and some bars drop, an trap Ryan so he transforms, and uses lighting hand to destroy them but then falls through a trap door, and rope drops down, and chokes him.

Then Kaitlin walks into a Skug ambush so she transforms, and fights the Skugs off while JB trips another trap door but he transforms, and gets out, and fights some Skugs before finding the master control room with Ivar, and some Skugs inside so he fights them, and Kaitlin shows up to help.

Then a pendulum swings, and hits Ryan but he dodges the next hit, and cuts the ropes with Lighting Hand then goes down some more hallways before being attacked by security lasers.

While JB, and Kaitlin are still fighting Skugs, and escape the building but are still attacked by the Skugs, and Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers appear so JB takes the fight to virtual reality where he, and Kaitlin continue to fight Skugs while the Quantum Cruisers, and Air Fighters fire on them.

Then Ryan looks for Fistbot, and finds on the outside of the building so Fistbot punches him with flying fists then punches, and kicks Ryan directly but Ryan dodges, and they both jump off the building while JB uses Techno Bazooka to destroy the Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers, and uses the Battle Cruiser to destroy Grimlord's tunnels.

Then Fistbot fires his fists at Ryan before punching, and kicking directly so Ryan scans Fistbot, and finding out his weakness is his legs so grabs Fistbot by the legs, pulls a Super Mario 64 ", and throws Fistbot .

But Fistbot gets back up, fires his fists at Ryan but Ryan catches one, throws it back at Fistbot, and then uses his corkscrew attack to knock Fistbot into some nearby water.

While JB destroys Grimlord's tunnels, and Grimlord once again shames his minions, and swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Later at Tao's party Tao blows out the candles on his cake, and the Troopers give him the broken pot from earlier but Tao is happy anyway citing the "It's the thought that counts", and we get a comedy bit of Jeb eating the cake.

Anyway we then get today's “I miss you dad” moment where this time now the episode was about how it's the thought that counts the end.

Zabitan 02/09/15 06:27 PM

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was pretty good.

I liked Fistbot, and his powers, as well as how Ryan defeated him

Though I do wonder if they should have used Drillbot from Virtual V6 in this episode since it was about Grimlord drilling to the center of the Earth.

And Virtual V6 was about a bike engine but had a drill themed monster, and I remember Spielban having an episode with a bike themed monster that wasn't used at all in VR Troopers.

That and JB, and Kaitlin didn't get to do much besides fight Skugs, and Air Fighters.

I did like the part where for JB transforming they used an actual clip of Spielban transforming, and if you look hard enough when Ryan fights Fistbot the first time you can see one of Metalder's human friends.

Which reminds me of something I might of forgot to mention back in The Dojo Plot where there was also a brief part when JB, and Kaitlin fight Skugs, and you can briefly see Diana transforming as a teleportation effect for Kaitlin.

There was a part in the Metalder episode where he fought S, and K but since it was just Metalder punching them, and only lasted a second they took it out.

Zabitan 02/10/15 06:20 PM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at The Great Brain Robbery written by Doug Sloan, and directed by Worth Keeter

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan once again talks about how his dad told him he had a gift for martial arts but to use that gift carefully.

Then we go to the Underground Voice Daily where we get a comedy bit where Woody is playing hockey in full hockey gear, and he accidentally hits Percy.

Then Kaitlin, and Woody discuss a deceased Commander Donaldson who was said to be the greatest mind in military history, and donated his brain to science, and that Donaldson's brain was recently stolen.

Meanwhile at Ziktor Industries we find out that no surprise it was Ziktor who stole Commander Donaldson's brain so he could come up with the ultimate battle plan then Ziktor transforms into Grimlord, and summons Ivar then we get a funny bit where Ivar thinks Grimlord is complementing him when he's talking about Commander Donaldson's brain.

Then we see Kaitlin at the military base talking to Captain Drighton one of the soldiers there, and he explains that they have no idea who stole Donaldson's brain or how but with the right technology they might be able to access it's secrets.

While this going on Percy is sneaking around listening to the the conversation with his tape player, and taking pictures when some military police officers see him, and haul him away thinking he's an intruder.

Then we see Ryan, and JB playing basketball when Kaitlin shows up to explain what happened, and that she thinks Grimlord is involved, and plays basketball with the boys at the same time.

At the virtual dungeon Decimator informs Grimlord that Kaitlin has been asking questions so he decides to send her, and the other Troopers a warning so when the Troopers are done playing basketball three guys show up, and transform into Skugs.

First the Troopers, and Skugs do this weird thing where they throw a basketball at each other, and kick each other, then Ryan kicks a Skug, Kaitlin dodges another, and JB punches, and kicks another.

Then Ryan punches, and kicks his Skug, Kaitlin kicks, and flips hers, and JB kicks his Skug then Ryan kicks his Skug while Kaitlin, and JB punch their Skugs.

Then Ryan kicks his Skug some more, and JB punches his some more, and Kaitlin flips hers over some more, and finally Ryan kicks his Skug just as the others have thrown theirs destroying the Skugs, and the Troopers decide to go to the lab for answers.

While at the virtual dungeon Ivar is complaining about working for Grimlord, and Donaldson's brain tells Ivar to stop talking about it, and do it, and Ivar agrees so he decides to lead the attack personally, and to overthrow Grimlord.

Then after a brief comedy bit where Percy is forced to do pushups by the military police who think he stole Donaldson's brain the Troopers arrive at the lab, and explain everything so the Professor lets them use the visors.

Then after some impressive for the time VR effects they see some Spielban footage of Ivar talking to Donaldson's brain but they can't hear it so JB uses a decoder program, and they hear Ivar, and Donaldson's plan so Ryan decides to transform, and find Donaldson's brain while the others stay in case Ivar attacks.

Zabitan 02/10/15 06:22 PM

Ryan then summons the Skybase, and briefly turns into digitally altered Spielban to jump inside while at the virtual dungeon Donaldson's brain convinces Ivar to freeze the city's power lines while Zelton informs Grimlord of Ivar's mutiny, and instead of being angry actually wants him to do it since either Ivar will destroy the Troopers or Vice Versa, and he'll just destroy who's left.

Then Kaitlin, and JB see a news report about the city's power lines being frozen from underground so they transform then we see Ivar, some Skugs, and walrus like mutant named Snowbot walking into a tunnel while Ryan in the Skybase is attacked so he's forced to land while Snowbot uses his tusks to freeze the power lines.

Then JB, and Kaitlin find a frozen manhole that's a direct access to the city's power supply, and teleport down to the bottom but are attacked by Snowbot.

Snowbot punches both of them then punches JB down, and freezes his circuits so Kaitlin pushes Snowbot off but then Snowbot punches her down, and freezes her so JB pushes Snowbot off, and they both escape to the surface but Snowbot keeps freezing them so JB summons the VR Fighter Bike so he, and Kaitlin can retreat.

Then Ryan finds the cave where Donaldson's brain is being kept but it's guarded by Skugs so we get a brief but cool looking fight scene of Ryan fighting some Skugs.

Then the Professor gives JB, and Kaitlin an upgrade to protect them from Snowbot then Ryan uses his scanner to find Donaldson's brain, and has another brief Skug battle.

Then JB, and Kaitlin intercept Ivar, Snowbot, and the Skugs so Snowbot tries to freeze them but thanks to the Professor's upgrade it doesn't work but Snowbot then uses a flamethrower so JB uses vortex command, and if you closely enough you can see two Kaitlin's when it happens.

But Snowbot starts freezing, and burning JB, and Kaitlin at the same time so Ryan fires a freeze beam from the Skybase that freezes Snowbot, and gives JB time to finish off Snowbot with Laser Lance.

But Ivar remains undaunted so he summons the Ravage Tank so JB summons the Battle Cruiser, and the two get into a skirmish before JB knocks Ivar off a cliff but he gets out of his tank, and Ivar, and JB have a brief sword battle.

Ivar then turns into a missile (which isn't as cool looking as it sounds since it's just a silver rod with what looks like Ivar's head on the front), and tries to destroy JB, and Kaitlin but blows himself up instead, and instead of cursing his minions Grimlord just uses Ivar's destruction to show the penalty for mutiny.

Later at the military base the army gives the Troopers a medal of honor which the mayor accepts, then we get one last comedy bit where Jeb makes the mayor's wife think Captain Driedon is making the moves on her.

Anyway “I miss you dad" the end.

Zabitan 02/10/15 06:22 PM

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was all right

I liked the idea of Grimlord stealing the brain of military genius as well as Ivar's mutiny.

I liked Snowbot though I do wish maybe they should have used him in The Dojo Plot going back to the idea that Grimlord's plan was to freeze the city with his weather device.

What's odd is usually I don't like it when the show doesn't use something from the metal hero shows but this time I have the opposite problem.

Since while I liked the fight with Ivar I felt they could have saved it for a later episode preferably one in the final season that served as the final episode for Ivar.

Especially since they cut out the sword fight they used in Save The Trees, and the part where Spielban used Arc Edge to destroy Death Zero.

And I think they could have easily replaced it with Ryan fighting a random Metalder monster.

They also cut out a part with the Grand Nazca's robot form, and the parts where Helen was in armor but they got cut due that stuff being saved for season two, and because most of the parts with Helen were just her, and Diana getting fired at by Snowbot's Japanese counterpart, and some Air Fighters.

I did like seeing the blink, and you'll miss it parts like
Spielban, and Diana's civilian modes when JB, and Kaitlin are trying to dodge Snowbot's flamethrower.

Or the two Kaitlin's when JB uses Vortex Command, and Ryan uses the freeze ray.

Tune in next time everyone for more brain stealing Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.

Zabitan 02/11/15 10:45 PM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Nightmares written by Al Winchel, and directed by John Grant Weil

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan talks about fear, and how courage is not the absence of fear but doing stuff you're afraid of.

Then we go to a miniature golf course where Kaitlin is hitting a shot but hits the windmill instead of the hole, and JB wonders what's going on since she's usually good at it.

Then Percy shows up carrying an oversized bag of golf clubs, and after some dialogue that would sound filthy out of context we get a comedy bit where Jeb sabotages Percy's puts.

Kaitlin then explains that she's been working nights lately, and it's affecting her sleep, and at Ziktor industries Ziktor is once again reading the Power Rangers villain playbook, and decides to transform into Grimlord, and announce his plan to give the Troopers nightmares.

Then after another comedy bit where Percy gets stuck in the windmill, and Jen rigs the fan to spank Percy's ass we see Kaitlin working at the Underground Voice Daily when everyone starts acting weird, and Percy shows up dressed as The Phantom of The Opera, and he and everyone else turns into Skugs.

Kaitlin calls out for Ryan, and JB who are standing with two of Ziktor's secretaries but Ryan, and JB are Skugs as well, and all the Skugs all swarm on Kaitlin who is woken up by a call from the real Ryan revealing the whole thing to be a dream.

At the virtual dungeon we find out Grimlord is responsible for Kaitlins nightmare, and he summons Icebot, and they both explain that it's the work of their newest mutant a scuba diver themed robot named Dream Master who uses Kaitlin's deepest fears against her.

Then we see Kaitlin get a call from Woody explaining that her last pictures were out of focus, and then we see Kaitlin, and Ryan training kids at Tao dojo when the kids all turn into Skugs, and overpower Ryan while Kaitlin just watched helplessly.

But it turns out to be another dream as Kaitlin is really in the dark room at the Underground Voice Daily, and later at Tao dojo she breaks down, and tells the others she can't be a VR Trooper anymore, and Ryan, and JB realize Grimlord is responsible.

Then at the lab JB explains what's happening, and the Professor tells them to put a visor on Kaitlin so they can see her thoughts, and at first she doesn't want to but with some encouragement from the others she goes through with it, and we see some random Metalder, and Spielban footage.

Zabitan 02/11/15 10:46 PM

Then Dream Master himself appears on the lab's monitors, and takes responsibility for Kaitlin's nightmares, and then taunts Ryan about his father which makes Ryan want to fight Dream Master, and JB wants to help but Ryan says it's personal, and that someone needs to stay with Kaitlin so he transforms alone.

Then Dream Master taunts Ryan some more, and tries to hit Ryan with his chain, and misses but eventually wraps his chain around Ryan's arm, and then electrocutes him then the Dream Master tries to come after Ryan with his scythe but Ryan dodges, punches him so Dream Master electrocutes him again.

Meanwhile the Professor tells JB that Grimlord has sent another robot a silver spikey mutant named well Spoken of to ambush Ryan so JB has to leave Kaitlin, and transform.

First Spikebot traps JB in an electrified cage, and attacks him but JB breaks out with his sword but Spikebot makes guns appear out of him, and fires at JB, and beats him up.

Meanwhile the Dream Master continues electrocuting Ryan, and plays some clips from Tyler's message to mess with Ryan's head but Ryan resists, and punches Dream Master who just electrocutes him some more.

JB finishes off Spikebot with Laser Lance while Grimlord orders Ivar to attack JB with Air Fighters so JB uses Skybase to destroy them.

But Grimlord orders his mutants to fire on Ryan but he, and Dream Master both escape, and JB uses the Battle Cruiser to destroy Ivar's tanks.

At the lab Kaitlin sees JB, and Ryan in trouble, and wants to help but is too afraid so the Professor tells her to use her visor, and the Professor shows her some Spielban clips of her fighting Skugs.

And this convinces Kaitlin to shake Grimlord, and Dream Master's nightmares, and transform to go into the Skybase, and destroy th Air Fighters while JB destroys Ivar's tanks.

Meanwhile Ryan finds a chain, and throws it at Dream Master, and gives him a taste of his own medicine, and overloads Dream Master with his own electricity then jump kicks him, and Ryan finishes off with Lighting Hand, and Grimlord just gets angry.

Later at Tao dojo Ryan is brushing Jeb, JB's working, and Kaitlin's writing notes then JB invites Tao for another miniature golf game when Percy comes in, and we get one last comedy bit where Percy tries to play golf in the dojo, and sucks, and and Jen does better than we see Kaitlin getting some well deserved rest.

Zabitan 02/11/15 10:47 PM

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was pretty good I actually liked the idea of Grimlord using Kaitlin's own fears against her.

I'm kind of tempted to think that since all of Kaitlin's nightmares are about her, and her friends being ambushed by Skugs maybe it was a reference to Kaitlin's Front Page since that episode had her get defeated by Skugs, and she, and her friends were almost blown up because of it .

I did like the part in her first nightmare where everyone including Ryan, JB, and Percy turned out to be Skugs since that probably would be freaky to find out everyone you knew was a mutant robot from cyberspace.

I do wish that they used actual clips of Kaitlin being attacked from Grimlord's mutants in the nightmare at the lab, and actually helping JB fight them when the Professor restores her confidence.

Though I also blame Spielban for that since it's not like Diana Lady ever actually destroyed any monsters.

I'll also add that nothing from the Metalder episode or Spielban episode was skipped save for a Skug battle that was already used in Digging for Fire.

Zabitan 02/12/15 08:52 PM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Grimlord's Greatest Hits written by Gil Rozencratz, Douglas Sloan, and directed by John Grant Weil

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan talks about music, and how it's the universal language.

Then at Tao dojo Ryan, and JB practice with bo staffs in front of some teenage students then after the class JB notices a boy named Brandon who seems out of it.

Tao explains that Brandon is a talented musician, and got accepted to a prestigious school but his parents can't afford it so the Troopers decide to hold a dance a thon to raise money for Brandon to go to music school.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor is once again reading from the Power Rangers villain playbook, and after reading Kaitlin's article about the dance a thon decides to transform into Grimlord, and summons Icebot.

They both explain Grimlord's latest plan to use hypnotic music to control the minds of everyone in Crossworld City, and there's a funny bit when Grimlord says they'll probably won't tell the difference between when everyone is brainwashed or not.

Later at Tao dojo the dance a thon is underway, and JB break dances while Brandon plays saxophone, then there's a comedy bit where Percy hits on two random women, and one of them dances with Percy while the other messes with the jukebox.

When JB, and Brandon leave to get more party food she puts a cd labeled Grimlord's Greatest Hits (We have a title people), and weird music plays which hypnotized everyone but the two women who are really Skugs.

At the virtual dungeon Toxoid informs Grimlord that JB, and Brandon aren't hypnotized, and Grimlord orders them to capture Brandon to lure JB into a trap to destroy him then we see JB, and Brandon with some food talking about what music Brandon should play, they see band, and follow it but the band members turn out to be Skugs.

First JB fights the Skugs by throwing pizzas at them (not joking) while one kidnaps Brandon so one of the Skugs uses a guitar it's still holding as a weapon but JB grabs it, and uses the Skugs own guitar against it (again not joking).

Then they just kick him but he kicks back, and throws them, and then the third Skug comes back to see what's going on, and JB just pick it up, and throws it at the others destroying them.

JB then realizes that Brandon's been kidnapped, and goes back to Tao dojo to see everyone hypnotized by Grimlord's music which for some reason isn't affecting JB.

So he asks Jeb who's been wearing headphones what's going on, and Jen explains what happened, and JB finds Grimlord's cd, and takes it, and the other Troopers to the lab.

Zabitan 02/12/15 08:53 PM

At the lab JB explains everything to the Professor who has JB put Grimlord's cd into one of the lab's machines, and the Professor tells JB that only playing the CD backwards will reverse it's effects.

So JB puts visors on Ryan, and Kaitlin which play the song backwards and break the spell on them then JB explains what's going on, and the Professor tells them that Brandon is being held hostage in Grimlord's cd factory, and Grimlord has also sent his forces across the reality barrier so the Troopers transform.

The Troopers decide to split up with JB, and Kaitlin rescuing Brandon, and destroying Grimlord's cds while Ryan fights Grimlord's army in the Battle Cruiser.

JB, and Kaitlin arrive at Grimlord's factory and battle Skugs, and a weird mutant with a cd for an eye like a cyclops, and another for hand named Diskbot, and while JB battles Diskbot Kaitlin finds Brandon on her scanner.

Grimlord orders his mutants to activate the actor's self destruct mechanism while finds Brandon, and has the Professor neutralize Grimlord's force field, and Kaitlin rescues Brandon while Ryan fights Ivar, and his tanks, and pushes Ivar off a cliff.

JB continues fighting Diskbot, and escapes the building just before it blows up but Diskbot has survived so JB battles him some more while Ryan goes into the Skybase, and informs JB that Air Fighters are coming .

So JB uses Vortex Command to take the fight to virtual reality but the Air Fighters keep firing on him so Ryan shows up, and destroys the Air Fighters.

Diskbot then fires cds from his cd hand but JB blocks them with his sword so Diskbot instead uses his cd hand to blind JB with light but JB hits Diskbot with his sword but Diskbot hits back.

Then they attack each other at the same time, and JB grabs Diskbot by his cd hand with his sword, and throws Diskbot but then Diskbot throws JB thenhen JB tries to fire his laser but Diskbot blocks it with his cd hand, shoots JB's laser out of his hand, and fires cds, and shines light on JB

so JB decides finish off Diskbot with Laser Lance but Diskbot tries to fight back by firing cds but JB blocks them with his Laser Lance, and destroys Diskbot while Grimlord once again swears vengeance.

JB finds Brandon with Kaitlin still in Trooper mode, and they both just refer to her as a VR Trooper.

then at the party Ryan, and Kaitlin play the reversed cd, and return everyone to normal then Brandon shows up, and thanks everyone since thanks to the dance a thon he can now go to music school, then Jeb plays one last prank on Percy.

Zabitan 02/12/15 08:55 PM

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was pretty good I liked the plot of Grimlord trying to brainwash everyone with music.

I also liked Diskbot with his cd eye, and CD hand, and how he fired vids at his opponents, and how he fit the episode.

I also liked the sub plot of the Troopers raising money so Brandon could go to school since it reminded me of JB's sub plot of trying to the same which I'm surprised they didn't touch on considering it was pretty much a JB episode.

Also the only thing I can really think was taken out of the Spielban footage other than the Grand Nazca's robot form which we'll see in season two as the Troopertron

I think it's weird that Kaitlin keeps getting called just a VR Trooper since they have no special names in Trooper mode which makes me wish they at least call them VR Trooper 1, VR Trooper 2, and VR Trooper 3.

Zabitan 02/13/15 10:44 PM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at The Disappearance written by Robert Hughes and directed by John Grant Weil.

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan talks about how his dad taught him that if you trust your instincts, and use everything you have you will succeed.

Then we see the Troopers at lake riding on jet skis, and when they're done they wonder where Jeb is, and Kaitlin lampshades that Grimlord's gone after him before so they look for him, and it turns out a little girl was giving him ice cream.

Meanwhile at Ziktor industries Ziktor is still reading the Power Rangers villain playbook since Jeb disappearing on the Troopers inspires him to transform into Grimlord, and summon Icebot, and the two explain Grimlord's plan to use an invisibility potion on Grimlord's mutants.

Later at Tao dojo Tao asks the Troopers what is a martial artists greatest weapon, and JB guesses speed, and Kaitlin guesses strength but they're both wrong, and only Ryan guesses that it's surprise.

Then Tao tells them that they're next lesson is to sneak up on him, and take a little red ribbon from him, and we see various comedic bits where the Troopers try to take the ribbon from Tao but he catches on.

Ryan tries to sneak up on Tao while he's drinking water, and Tao throws Ryan into a chair, and catches his glass before it breaks.

JB tries to use a bo staff to take the Ribbon while Tao is putting something up but Tao notices it, jumps, and takes the bo staff, uses it against JB.

and finally Kaitlin tries to sneak up on him while he's dusting but Tao notices, and backflips behind Kaitlin.

When the Troopers ask what Two's secret is he simply explains that he uses all five senses to be aware of his surroundings, and that they should do the same.

At the virtual dungeon Grimlord wants to test the invisibility potion, and Decimator volunteers but Grimlord says he's too valuable, and other mutants volunteer but Grimlord decides to test the potion on Jeb.

Back at Tao dojo Ryan, and JB are sparing then everyone decides to go out for a break, and the Troopers, and Tao talk about the lesson from earlier

While inside a gym bag, a punching bag, and a wooden frame turn into Skugs, and use a weird looking device that shoots red lasers that turn Jeb invisible.

Then we see a comedy bit where Jeb pulls various pranks on the Skugs like tripping them, pulling their capes over their faces, and throwing books at them.

Then Ryan decides to see what's wrong with Jeb, and sees the Skugs, and starts to fight them, first they kick him but blocks, and dodges, and kicks back, then he punches a Skug into a chair, and throws another underneath the desk, and finally Jeb pulls the rug out from underneath them making them touch each other, and disintegrate.

Ryan hears Jeb but can't see him so Jeb explains what's happening, and Ryan tries to find him when everyone else arrives, and Ryan tries to explain he's straightening up, and Jeb has disappeared again, and when Tao leaves Ryan explains what's going on.

Zabitan 02/13/15 10:45 PM

Then the Troopers take Jeb for a walk, and decide to go to the lab to see if Professor Hart can help but Percy sees them, and thinks Kaitlin is on to a big story.

But he doesn't notice for a whole minute that their carrying a dog leash without the dog, and even when Kaitlin tells the truth be doesn't believe it until Jeb bites his pants off.

While at the virtual dungeon Decimator informs Grimlord that the test was successful, and they're ready to use the invisibility potion on his mutants, while at the lab the Troopers explain what's happening so the Professor has them wear the visors so they can see Jeb, and that it will take him a while to make Jeb visible again.

But the Professor's more worried about Grimlord making his mutants invisible since the Troopers can't fight an enemy they can't see so the only solution is to make Jeb visible so they can reverse the process.

The Troopers then drive around in Kaitlin's car when they notice a reality break just ahead when they get there see a weird blue scorpion like mutant with three arms riding a motorcycle

The Troopers decide to chases after the mutant in Kaitlin's car's flight mode then land, and chase after it some more on the ground, and they have the Professor scan it.

The Professor identifies it as Spitbot a mutant with explosive saliva then Spitbot tries to ram Kaitlin's car so they stop get out the car, and transform.

Then Grimlord's air force appears so JB, and Kaitlin take them to virtual reality while Ryan fights Spitbot by punching him so Spitbot uses explosive saliva but Ryan dodges, and jump kicks Spitbot who tries to attack Ryan but Ryan dodges, and attacks Spitbot but Spitbot disappears.

Grimlord's air force is firing on JB, and Kaitlin so JB uses Techno Bazooka to destroy it but then the Skugs show up with bazookas of their own, and fire on JB, and Kaitlin while Grimlord's mutants make portals with guns attached appear, and the portals fire lasers at Ryan and Chrome Dome, and Minotaurbot fire lasers as well while JB, and Kaitlin fight Skugs.

Spitbot grabs Ryan with his tentacle then pulls Ryan in, and strangles him then Toxoid appears then Spitbot throws Ryan and Toxoid slashes Ryan with his claws.

Then Toxoid, and Spitbot disappear, then Toxoid reappears, and Ryan goes after Toxoid but something grabs his legs, and it's an invisible Spitbot who reappears, and trips Ryan, and grabs him so Toxoid can finish him off but Ryan kicks Toxoid, and destroys him.

JB destroys the Skugs with Laser Lance while Ryan tries to fight Spitbot who keeps disappearing so the Professor tells Ryan to use his scanner, and Ryan finds Spitbot then punches him wraps him with his own tentacle then kicks Spitbot, and destroys him, and Grimlord once again curses his robots' inability to destroy the Troopers.

Later at the lab the Troopers are setting things up, and the Professor tells them that he's ready to reverse Jeb's invisibility so the Troopers call Jeb over, and the Professor is only able to make Jeb's front half visible for now.

Zabitan 02/13/15 10:46 PM

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was pretty good I liked the plot with Grimlord making Jeb l, and his mutants invisible.

I also liked how there's been so many episodes about Jeb that even the Troopers themselves are acknowledging it in universe.

I also thought it had a lot of funny bits.

I also thought Spitbot was another cool monster especially with his third arm that's also a tentacle.

My only problems are that I wish Tao's message of trusting your instincts actually paid off during the battle like Ryan couldn't find Spitbot with his scanner so he remembered Tao's lesson, and figure out where Spitbot, and Toxoid really were.

I'm also reminded of The Great Brain Robbery where in this case I actually wish they left out the fight with Toxoid, and saved it for later episode as his actual finale.

Especially since they didn't use everything from the Metalder fight they used for that part anyway.

And with that we are pretty much halfway through season one.

Zabitan 02/17/15 04:36 PM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Secret Admirer written by JK Richards and directed by John Grant Weil.

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan talks about how he always admired his father, and how everyone wants to be admired but what matters most is who's admiring.

Then we go to Tao dojo where Ryan, JB spar while Kaitlin's on a the bench doing something we can't see, and Tao comes in with flowers Kaitlin thanks Tao but he says it's not from him.

So she reads the note which says it's from a secret admirer (we have a title), and at first Kaitlin thinks Ryan, or JB sent them but neither of them confess to it but Kaitlin is just glad she got them.

Meanwhile at Ziktor industries we see Ziktor talking to a delivery guy, and it turns out he sent the flowers as part of his latest evil scheme then he transforms into Grimlord, and summons Ivar, and Icebot who explain that the flowers they gave Kaitlin are the flowers of evil (not joking) that will destroy her.

Later at the Underground Voice Daily Kaitlin gets some more flowers, and she others still wonder who sent them then.

Percy shows up claiming he sent them but Kaitlin calls him out by shoving the flowers in his face, and making him sneeze, and Jeb trips him.

Ryan is worried about who's sending Kaitlin the flowers so he has JB come with him, and the two stakeout the Underground Voice Daily to see who's delivering the flowers.

After Ryan explains his reasons for being suspicious the two see another delivery, and even JB becomes suspicious so they both follow the delivery van to an empty warehouse where Ryan confronts the delivery men who turn out to be Skugs so he and JB fight them.

JB kicks a Skug while Ryan kicks one, and punches another, then JB, and a Skug fight each other with a flower pot while Ryan fights one with packaging, and decorations.

Then JB kicks a Skug unto some stairs while Ryan kicks one into a trash can, and the Skug he tied up earlier breaks free but Ryan just literally picks it up, and throws it in the trash with the other, and destroys them while finally the Skug JB threw on the stairs jumps back down but JB just kicks him into another, and destroys them.

Ryan, and JB realize what's going on, and try to warn Kaitlin but she's already got the next delivery, and Ryan, and JB are too late to stop her from smelling them, and she starts turning blue so they get her to the lab.

At the lab Kaitlin explains she's feeling tingly, JB explains what's happening, so the Professor has JB put the flowers in a machine so Jeb can smell them, the Professor identifies them as the flowers of evil but Kaitlin disappears into blue light.

Kaitlin then appears in a weird room surrounded by an electric field then Icebot appears, and explains their evil plan is to use her as bait for a flower like mutant called Pollenbot.

Zabitan 02/17/15 04:37 PM

At the lab JB explains they need a fresh example of the flower of evil to make an antidote, and the Professor explains that it grows only in the most dangerous section of the virtual grid so Ryan transforms, and goes after the flower while JB stays to get Kaitlin out of virtual reality.

Ryan then uses the VR Turbo Cycle to find the sector where the flower of evil grows but Toxoid, and two mutants who will later be known as Bugbot, and Wolfbot are waiting for him.

But Ryan spots them, and destroys Bugbot with a kick so Toxoid makes claws come out of his fingers, and makes red veins appear on his arms, and his eyes start glowing red, and he throws a rock to show how strong he is.

Ryan is undaunted however, and tries to use Lighting Hand but Toxoid disappears so he tries a kick but it doesn't phase Toxoid.

So Ryan tricks him into smelling some more flowers of evil by saying that they're the flowers of power, and it works.

Then after a brief bit with Kaitlin, and Icebot Toxoid then shoots lasers out of his eyes at Ryan, and breaths fire, and then tries to drown Ryan in a river but then he starts flashing, and his claws disappear, and Ryan pulls him under water, and destroys him with Lighting Hand.

Ryan returns to the lab with a flower, and JB puts it into a machine which turns it into some antidote so JB transforms to rescue Kaitlin while Ryan stays at the lab.

A weird flying squid like mutant tries attack JB but he disintegrates it with his ray gun but Ivar appears, and warns him that if he doesn't drop his ray gun Kaitlin will be crushed by the force field.

So JB drops ray gun, and Ivar picks it up, and is about to shoot JB when JB pulls out his sword, and knocks the gun out of Ivar's hand but Ivar makes Pollenbot appearappear who's really just a great big puffy cloud of fluff that tries to construct JB.

but he fights off Pollenbot, and destroys the force field, and gives Kaitlin the antidote returning her to reality.

Then JB fights Ivar, Pollenbot, and some Skugs in the real world but Quantum Cruisers, and Air Fighters appear so JB takes the fight to virtual reality.

Then JB uses Techno Bazooka to destroy the Quantum Cruisers, and Air Fighters, and fights Ivar but then Pollennbot appears but JB sucks it into his ray gun then fires Pollenbot back out at Ivar, and destroys Pollenbot with Laser Lance,and returns to the lab and Grimlord once again shames his mutants.

Later at the Underground Voice Daily Kaitlin is fed up with flowers for a while, and Percy shows up with a piece of meat for Kaitlin, and asks for help.

But she already has a story, and Percy wants it thinking it's good but it turns out to be about backed up sewers.

Anyway "I miss you dad" the end.

Zabitan 02/17/15 04:38 PM

Final Thoughts

Honestly this was just another episode I just was not feeling mostly because it ultimately ended up being another damsel in distress episode for Kaitlin.

Which once again wouldn't be much of an issue if Kaitlin's Japanese counterpart didn't transform in the Spielban episode but she did.

Speaking of which Pollenbot was just not a very good monster since on one hand I give it credit for being an unusual design it's also not what I would want to see in a flower based monster but that's more of a knock at Spielban.

I did like the fight between Ryan, and Toxoid as well as the one between JB, and Ivar but at the same time I do wish they not had been saved for their own episodes considering the episode Toxoid's fight was from was part of the same storyline from Metalder as the episode The Disappearance was based on.

While the Spielban episode for this one wasn't part of it The Great Brain Robbery was also part of a storyline that was the conclusion for Ivar's counterpart as well.

Another good thing I will say is that except for the the parts with Diana in armor nothing was really taken out from either the Spielban or Metalder episodes.