Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Should David Trueheart have become Gold Ranger? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8496)

Captain Codfish 01/10/18 07:58 PM

Re: Should David Trueheart have become Gold Ranger?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 72508)
I believe it's spelt Erik and not Eric and I believe JDF stated that Erik died sometime in 2001 since he was unable to attend Thuy's funeral due to his brother's funeral.

Thanks, fixed. Meant no disrespect to Erik.

Gosei Gold 01/12/18 11:39 AM

I'm surprised they made him such a big deal and never did anything with the character again. I thought for sure he was gonna be a Ranger.

VR Master 01/12/18 06:39 PM

Perhaps there were more plans for the character. But I doubt he was ever supposed to be a Ranger.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 01/13/18 12:11 PM

I don't really think just being Tommy's brother would have been a good enough characterization for a Ranger. The Gold Ranger plot was much better with Jason and Trey.

Uncle Steve 01/13/18 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Ranger Gone Bad (Post 72606)
I don't really think just being Tommy's brother would have been a good enough characterization for a Ranger. The Gold Ranger plot was much better with Jason and Trey.

Agreed, the whole storyline was about Tommy. David wasn't really supposed to become a major character.

Decepticon 01/13/18 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Steve (Post 72607)
Agreed, the whole storyline was about Tommy. David wasn't really supposed to become a major character.

Sorry can't accept that. They spend several episodes building to the Tommy Arrowhead Storyline. And then they gave us his brother and resolution to the plot. But the whole thing ended up being a waste as David is barely seen again and the arrowhead is never mentioned.

Bansheera's Revenge 01/13/18 05:35 PM

I am going to say no. David was just a one off guest star who had a small role in another episode. I don't see the character getting very far.