Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Destroying The Command Center (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=5258)

RevolutionChick 11/05/14 11:09 PM

Destroying The Command Center

Since MMPR, almost all of the season finales end with the Ranger's command center being destoryed. It's pretty much Ranger tradition laugh.gif

What's your opinon? Does it still have a lasting effect, or did some seasons just feel forced to find a way to tear down the set?

DJ Rocca 11/05/14 11:10 PM

Re: Destroying The Command Center

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevolutionChick (Post 47447)
Since MMPR, almost all of the season finales end with the Ranger's command center being destoryed. It's pretty much Ranger tradition lol.gif

What's your opinon? Does it still have a lasting effect, or did some seasons just feel forced to find a way to tear down the set?

It was probably just a fun way to tear down the set. To make sure that it wasn't just because the show was ending because they wanted to have the henchmen of the day tear it to pieces instead of it not being filmed. I mean they put so much work into them, its probably easier to deal with if its destroyed in show than taking it apart when no one can see it.

The only command center I see being rebuilt are the ones in the homes of the mentors (NS, DT, OO? Right? MF too right?)

Dark Knight 11/05/14 11:11 PM

I have to agree, it's most likely just a way to get rid of the set. After all, while I'm sure somethings can be recycled, most of the sets are so distinctive that they really just need to slash and burn them.

What I want to know is how many of the cast ended up taking momentos home from that ep? When shows end/get cancelled, often actors and production take home a few momentos. For example, when Batman was cancelled, Adam West ended up taking the Batmobile home!

RevolutionChick 11/05/14 11:12 PM

For me, though, the problem is you can tell that they just needed a way to tear the set down in some seasons. DT and MF for example. I felt no pity for the command center being destoryed in those seasons, because they didn't really find an original way to do it.

MMPR, Lightspeed and TF though? Imo, did it the best.

exclamation 11/05/14 11:13 PM

I agree that the MMPR destruction worked really well. To my mind, that was because it was such a cliffhanger. They'd lost the Zeo Crystal, the Command Centre was destroyed and it looked like Zordon and Alpha might have been killed.

With most of the other seasons, it just felt like someone wanted an excuse to blow stuff up. Not that there's ever anything wrong with that, of course. smile.gif

MattEmily 11/05/14 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevolutionChick (Post 47447)
Since MMPR, almost all of the season finales end with the Ranger's command center being destoryed. It's pretty much Ranger tradition

I think it's different for everyone but I think they've personally overdone the destruction of bases and not just the Rangers' bases but the evil ones as well but there is a good way to do it and a bad way to do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Rocca (Post 47448)
It was probably just a fun way to tear down the set. To make sure that it wasn't just because the show was ending because they wanted to have the henchmen of the day tear it to pieces instead of it not being filmed. I mean they put so much work into them, its probably easier to deal with if its destroyed in show than taking it apart when no one can see it. The only command center I see being rebuilt are the ones in the homes of the mentors (NS, DT, OO? Right? MF too right?)

I agree that it was probably just a fun way to tear down the set but thing is a lot of those scenes have multiple takes so does that mean they only have one shot to get it right before they wreck the set or do they need to keep on rebuilding it until it is finally demolished on the last take?
The Astro Megaship was rebuilt.
I can see the Aquabase being rebuilt since you never know when the demons might escape again since they're in the Shadow World.
The Animarium wasn't destroyed.
I don't see Ninja Ops being rebuilt since that was just a secret HQ for the Rangers in case of Lothor's return.
Dr. O's lab could be rebuilt but because Mesogog is gone I don't see think being very likely.
Rootcore could be rebuilt but it wasn't really stated whether Udonna and Clare actually resided there or not.
Andrew probably would rebuild his basement base just because he can.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 47449)
I have to agree, it's most likely just a way to get rid of the set. After all, while I'm sure somethings can be recycled, most of the sets are so distinctive that they really just need to slash and burn them.

What I want to know is how many of the cast ended up taking momentos home from that ep? When shows end/get cancelled, often actors and production take home a few momentos. For example, when Batman was cancelled, Adam West ended up taking the Batmobile home!

I agree with you in regards to the Command Center sets.
Now in regards to mementos probably not many since Saban wouldn't let them keep much and the same with Disney.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevolutionChick (Post 47450)
For me, though, the problem is you can tell that they just needed a way to tear the set down in some seasons. DT and MF for example. I felt no pity for the command center being destoryed in those seasons, because they didn't really find an original way to do it.

MMPR, Lightspeed and TF though? Imo, did it the best.

You do have a point there. I did like how the Command Center was destroyed especially since you had this sense that as long as the Rangers were there that they were invincible and then suddenly the detonators go off and the whole place starts to explode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by exclamation (Post 47451)
I agree that the MMPR destruction worked really well. To my mind, that was because it was such a cliffhanger. They'd lost the Zeo Crystal, the Command Centre was destroyed and it looked like Zordon and Alpha might have been killed.

With most of the other seasons, it just felt like someone wanted an excuse to blow stuff up. Not that there's ever anything wrong with that, of course.

No doubt about that but in the long run that explosion wouldn't have destroyed Zordon since his essence wasn't even around in our reality. His plasma tube was just a communication channel.

PRangerX 11/07/14 07:47 AM

Elgar figured destorying tube would make it impossible for Dimitria to come back.

MattEmily 11/07/14 10:37 AM

which wouldn't make sense in Dimitria's case since she didn't need it to survive she just went in there because she could. Zordon was the one that originally needed it but it wasn't to survive and because it was just a communication channel for Zordon it was always the one thing that could be rebuiilt.

MattEmily 12/15/14 02:21 PM

but of course Elgar wasn't that bright since only he would think destroying the tube would stop Zordon and Dimitria from returning.

Turbo Guy 12/15/14 04:25 PM

One of my favorite moments was the Power Chamber blowing up in Turbo. Another reason why its my favorite season. Even with all the comedy we get all that drama in the finalie. "Chase In The Space" is my favorite episode. Only hated how Justin left since he was my favorite Ranger. Of course I was only 12 at the time. So having a Ranger my own age made me biased at the time.

Captain Codfish 12/19/14 02:06 PM

"Chase Into Space" was the only good episode of Turbo. It was so dramatic and set the tone for In Space.

When the Command Center blew up in MMPR it was prett dramatic at the time. One of the shows best cliffhangers. But I think it gets old when it happens every year.

Byron Stinger 12/19/14 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Guy (Post 49483)
One of my favorite moments was the Power Chamber blowing up in Turbo. Another reason why its my favorite season. Even with all the comedy we get all that drama in the finalie. "Chase In The Space" is my favorite episode. Only hated how Justin left since he was my favorite Ranger. Of course I was only 12 at the time. So having a Ranger my own age made me biased at the time.

Not a big fan of Justin. Him leaving was one of the highlights for the episode for me. Just didnt fit in with a bunch of teenagers. He would have made more sense on Beetleborgs. Still don't understand why he was all of the sudden a genius after the Turbo Movie. Justin coming back was the lowlight of Space.