Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   MMPR considered Cheesy? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6089)

VR Ryan Steele 12/16/14 05:25 PM

MMPR considered Cheesy?

First of all I wanna know what does cheesy mean, if it's bad and if other seasons of power rangers are cheesy or should be

MattEmily 12/16/14 05:28 PM

Re: MMPR considered Cheesy?

Basically cheesy means cheap, unpleasant, blatantly inauthentic or tacky.

MMPR's first season was basically a cheap production since a good portion of it was Japanese footage.

PRangerX 12/18/14 12:08 PM

Just another way of saying corney. Could also be interpeted as fun. But in a low budget way. Its just like B Movies are.

Turbo Guy 12/18/14 12:08 PM

I really like cheesy in Power Rangers. Thats why I like Turbo so much.

Captain Codfish 12/20/14 09:43 PM

Personally I feel like PR didn't truely hit its stride until Space. MMPR is okay but I am not really into the cheese.

MMPR Forever 12/20/14 09:46 PM

I love the cheese. MMPR was funny, exciting, and action packed. All the other seasons after just don't measure up to the first three.

No Green Spandex 12/21/14 06:59 PM

I agree Power Rangers got so much better in Space. The first full season with no Tommy.

Dic Dubber 12/21/14 07:01 PM

I think some of you guys are wrong. MMPR season 2 is the best and win the show it its stride. not Space. There is notbing wrong with comedy. Thats what helped to make MMPR great.

MattEmily 12/21/14 07:43 PM

I think Season 2 and Space could be the 2 seasons is when the show hit its big point in the series.

Sentai Is Forever 12/22/14 10:12 AM

I liked it when PR started copying Sentai. They really started doing this with Lightspeed Rescue
. Of course its never quite as good as Sentai. Back when I was a kid I liked MMPR and Zeo. Not so much now. Not once I discovered.Sentai.