Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Zabitan's Forum (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=4725)

Zabitan 03/14/15 01:35 AM

Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

At the lab Ryan, and Kaitlin ask the Professor what happened, and he tells them he needs their help to analyze the slime to make an antidote.

While at the Virtual Dungeon Grimlord renames JB Transmutant, and Icebot informs him that the slime only works once so Grimlord just orders Transmutant to fight his other mutants to prove himself.

First a cicada like mutant called Venobot volunteers but we see Bugbot grabbing Transmutant from behind so Transmutant melts into slime, reforms, and claws Bugbot.

Then Crabor volunteers to fight, he whips Transmutant with his electric tentacles, and breathes fire on him but Transmutant fires his claws at Crabor, and Grimlord stops him from destroying Crabor just to tell Transmutant that he's earned the right to fight Ryan, and Kaitlin.

At the lab Ryan, and Kaitlin are still trying to find an antidote when the reality break alarm goes off, and the Professor tells them that JB is invading reality so Ryan, and Kaitlin decide to transform but the Professor needs someone to help finish the antidote so Ryan transforms alone.

Ryan goes after JB on the Turbo Cycle but Air Striker attacks him from the air while other mutants attack from the ground but Ryan sees a boulder, and knocks it off blocking the ground mutants.

But Transmutant jump kicks Ryan, claws him so Ryan tries to reason with him but Transmutant claws him, melts into slime, and teleports before clawing some more so Ryan grabs his arm to reason with him some more.

But Transmutant throws Ryan off, and keeps attacking Ryan so Ryan is forced to do a double punch on Transmutant who still attacks Ryan, and forces him off a cliff into a river.

Ryan gets back up, and the Professor encourages him to keep trying so he does but Transmutant keeps attacking so Ryan dodges, and does a jump kick, and almost knocks Transmutant off the cliff but then rescues him, and finally gets through to him.

But Grimlord's other mutants attack so Transmutant claws Bugbot, and Venobot but Crabor grabs Ryan with his tentacles, and electrocutes him but Transmutant frees Ryan only to be caught by Wolfbot's web so Ryan frees him.

Then Ryan jump punches Crabor, and throws Bugbot while Venobot uses sonic waves on Transmutant who grows tentacles, grabs Venobot, claws him, and throws him, and at the Virtual Dungeon Grimlord once again shames his minions.

Back at the lab Kaitlin, and Jeb are flipping switches when Ryan teleports in, and transforms back, and JB teleports back in human form, and leaves to go take his test

Anyway "I miss you dad" the end.

Zabitan 03/14/15 01:36 AM

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was another weird one in that it was a good episode that could have been a great one but at the same time I understand why it happened.

I'll start by saying I liked the idea of Grimlord turning one of the Troopers into a mutant.

I also liked JB's mutant form, and his powers.

I also liked the fights like the one between JB, and the other mutants, the one with Ryan, and the one where they teamed up to fight the other mutants.

I also liked the Battle Grid fight with just JB I just wish they also had one in another episode where he won so we could see his return to reality thing by himself.

I also liked that the only thing I can think they skipped from the Metalder episode was a brief fight with Polarbot's counterpart that was already used in No One's Friend.

I also liked that they brought back that one Skug who was an inventor from Small but Mighty who will later learn is called Strickland when in that form.

I sometimes wish all of Grimlord's minions not just Skugs could assume human form because I always imagine Strickland being a human form of Icebot.

My only problem is that they couldn't think of anything to do with Kaitlin since even though nothing happens to her she's the only Trooper who never appears in any VR Trooper mode at all.

Especially since Grimlord warned to turn all the Troopers into mutants.

Like they had another Battle Grid segment of just Ryan, and Kaitlin, and either Kaitlin got hit by the slime, and became a mutant herself, or Ryan or Kaitlin destroyed the Skug that had the device that shot the slime before it could fire it, and they just returned to reality normally.

Especially since we never had two Battle Grid segments in an episode, or one with two Troopers, and this was the last time they had a Battle Grid segment in Season One.

Also this might sound weird considering how much I usually complain about stuff being taken out but I probably would have taken out the part where Air Striker, and the mutants in the van fired on Ryan, and he knocked the boulder off the cliff since it seemed like something I would have saved for an episode with just a Spielban monster as something for Ryan to do.

There's one last thing but it tries into why I think this episode turned out the way it did.

You see the Metalder episode this episode was based on was part of a story arc that included the episode Searching for Tyler Steele was based on, and the one that Mutant Mutiny is based on.

Long story short what happened is that the Metalder monster who became the unnamed female mutant dubbed Scarlet Seductress was the wife of the monster from Mutant Mutiny, and JB's monster form was their son.

Not only that but she fought Metalder in the episode that became Searching for Tyler Steele, and helped her son, and Metalder fight other mutants in the one that became this episode.

The problem is that the one time she fought Metalder he was in human form, and when she fought the other mutants her son was in human form.

Also her son was in human form during the fight with Venobot's counterpart, and half the fight with Bugbot's counterpart.

So it's more of a thing with the Metalder episode then this one.

Only 6 more episodes until the Season One finale

Tune in next time everyone for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.

Zabitan 03/15/15 12:11 PM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Who's King of the Mountain written by J.K. Richards and directed by Worth Keeter.

So we start off with today's "my dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about how his dad taught him that sometimes the only way to really learn something is from first hand experience.

At Tao dojo Ryan, and Kaitlin are sparing with some students while JB is talking to his e-mail friend Jose who lives in South America.

After Ryan, and Kaitlin are done sparing with the students they talk to JB, and he explains that he and Jose are talking about extinct volcanoes, and how MT Kronos the nearest one to Crossworld City is coming back to life.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor has intercepted JB's e-mail, and shows one of his secretaries a bunch of clips from various episodes like The Great Brain Robbery, A Dirty Trick, and Danger in the Deep.

As well as a heretofore unseen clip of Kaitlin in Battle Grid mode destroying Skugs that looks like it might be from either The Dognapping, or Error in the System.

Then he orders his secretary to destroy JB's computer before he finds out about Ziktor's plan to build a base in MT Kronos. Then he transforms into Grimlord, and summons Ivar who says everything is going well for the base, and they have Rollbot a spikey yellow mutant protecting the base.

At the Underground Voice Daily we get a comedy bit where Woody accidentally scares Kaitlin, and then tries to give her some snacks, and Kaitlin asks for some files on MT. Kronos, and he gives them to her.

Back at Tao dojo Ryan, and JB are watching Zyuranger clips of volcanoes but JB still doesn't know what's happening, and Ryan says they should just go in person but JB disagrees.

While at the Underground Voice Daily Kaitlin looks through the files when Percy shows up in explorer gear saying that he heard about a bug monster near MT. Kronos leading to a comedy bit where Percy gets stuck in fly paper.

Back at Tao dojo Ryan is playing with Jeb while JB uses the computer when a young man appears claiming to be Jose who wants to go over the data with JB, and claims he saw a strange man outside messing with their bikes.

When Ryan, and JB go to look Jose turns out to be a Skug, and tries to destroy JB's computer with a hatchet but Jeb pushes a chair, and knocks the Skug down, and when it tries to go after Jeb Ryan, and JB show up but the Skug summons reinforcements.

Ryan, and JB kick the Skugs, and Ryan tries to kick some Skugs but gets hit instead while JB punches the other Skugs.

Ryan throws some Skugs into a wall while JB kicks, and throws some other Skugs. Then Ryan, and JB keep kicking Skugs, and Ryan kicks some Skugs into each other, and kicks another Skug into the desk, and JB kicks a Skug into it destroying them but the last Skug destroys the computer, and teleports off.

Zabitan 03/15/15 12:12 PM

But JB reveals that he made backups of everything just in case something like this happened, and Kaitlin shows up telling them about Percy's monster story, and they all decide to go to the lab.

At the lab JB asks to analyse the data but can't find anything so the Professor recommends building a virtual model of MT Kronos.

At the Virtual Dungeon Grimlord summons Icebot who just informs him of what's going on while back at the lab JB has finished building the model so he transforms to explore it while Ryan, and Kaitlin monitor on the visors.

At first JB doesn't see anything but then he falls down a hole into a cave, and Rollbot jumps down in, and fires spikes, and lasers at JB but JB just fires back with his own laser.

So Ivar has a Skug collapse the tunnel but the other Troopers bring JB back to the lab in time and they all decide to go to MT. Kronos in the real world.

After a comedy bit with Percy blowing air into a tire the Troopers show up, and Percy explains what happened, and Rollbot appears, and throws rocks down that trap Kaitlin's car, and Percy runs away so the Troopers transform.

Dice appears, and attacks Ryan with his sword while Rollbot fires lasers, and Kaitlin summons the Battle Cruiser, and fires at the base forcing Ivar, and the Skugs to retreat.

Ryan kicks Dice who throws his sword but it misses, and JB, and Rollbot fire lasers at each other, and keep missing until they both hit each other, and Kaitlin destroys the base.

Dice keeps attacking Ryan, and a mutant Skug wraps a chain around Ryan's arm but he grabs it, and throws the Skug destroying it, and Dive comes after Ryan but Ryan grabs him, and throws him at a minefield.

While Kaitlin jumps down to help JB but Rollbot fires spikes at them, and turns into a ball, and runs over JB, and Kaitlin so they do a double kick, and shoot lasers, and seemingly destroy Rollbot.

But Rollbot reappears, and comes after them so JB finishes him off with Laser Lance, and Grimlord once again swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Back at Tao dojo JB finishes fixing the computer when a young woman appears, and reveals that she's the real Jose (short for Josephine), and JB shows her around Crossworld City.

Zabitan 03/15/15 12:12 PM

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was another weird one because I understand the message it was trying to send about how not everything can be done with computers but at the same time I'm not sure if I like how they executed it.

I think it also reminded me of Digging for Fire mixed with The Virtual Spy with the idea of sending the fake Jose to distract from Grimlord's plan to build a base in the volcano.

Rollbot was a cool monster with cool powers.

I also liked the fight scenes though the fight with Dice feels like it was thrown in solely to give Ryan something to do.

I also thought the part with the virtual model of the volcano, and the part where they found Percy felt tacked on.

Like when the Troopers got to the lab the Professor would just show them some Spielban footage of Grimlord's base, and Rollbot, and then they would just transform, and JB, and Kaitlin would fight Rollbot while Ryan destroy the base.
I liked the blink, and you'll miss it part where they showed that unused clip of Kaitlin in Battle Grid mode but it made me realize that she was the only one who hasn't transformed into Battle Grid mode since the first half of Season One.

Like I would rather just have them make an actual Battle Grid segment in an episode either this or another to have Kaitlin in Battle Grid mode.

Only 5 more episodes until the Season One finale

Zabitan 03/17/15 01:15 AM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Race to the Rescue written by Robert Hughes and directed by Worth Keeter.

So we start off with today's "my dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about how his dad taught him that when you're helping someone you care about any task can seem easy.

Then we see the Troopers racing around in go karts, and Kaitlin wins then they see a little boy being picked on by some other kids because his go kart is all messed up so the Troopers decide to help him.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor goes on about the superiority of machine to human then he transforms into Grimlord, and explains his plan to give one of his mutants the powers of all the other mutants, and they all volunteer but Grimlord chooses Zelton.

At Tao dojo the Troopers are fixing the boy's go kart when Tao comes in, and tells them to put it somewhere else, and clean up but when they explain what's going on he lets them do it just once.

Then the Professor contacts the Troopers, and asks them to find some uranium crystals, and JB, and Kaitlin go while Ryan stays to fix the go kart.

JB, and Kaitlin arrive at the mine, and find some crystals while Air Striker, and Grimlord spy on them, and Grimlord orders his mutants to destroy the cave, and trap JB, and Kaitlin, and orders Decimator to have Zelton destroy Ryan.

At Tao dojo Ryan is still working on the go kart when Skugs teleport in, and make a widescreen with their arms, and Grimlord gives an ultimatum to either fight his mutant or it will destroy Crossworld City, and the Skugs multiply, and fight Ryan.

Zabitan 03/17/15 01:15 AM

First the Skugs try to punch, and kick Ryan but he just punches, and kicks back. Then Ryan flips over, and kicks a couple of Skugs, and throws them into each other.

Then the last two Skugs hit Ryan but he throws a tire at one, and trips the other before getting back up, and kicking, and flipping them into each other, and destroys them.

Ryan then goes to the lab to see if the Professor can help but he doesn't know where they are, and the lab's scanners can't find them.

While JB, and Kaitlin are still trapped in the cave, and the air is running out, and Grimlord, and Zelton appear to challenge Ryan so transforms to fight Zelton while the Professor looks for the others.

Zelton summons Cannonbot's powers, and grabs Ryan's head but Ryan throws Zelton but Zelton throws Ryan then transforms into Renegade, and fires lasers at Ryan but Ryan kicks him.

JB, and Kaitlin are still trapped in the cave while Zelton transforms into Graybot, and fires arrows, and then transforms into Metalbot, and punches Ryan so Ryan uses Lighting Hand to destroy Zelton's memory cell cutting off Zelton's transformation ability.

So Zelton attacks Ryan with his own powers, and they both jump kick each other, and before he explodes Zelton tells Ryan where his friends are so Ryan summons the Battle Cruiser, and rescues JB, and Kaitlin while Grimlord shames Decimator for letting Ryan destroy Zelton.

At the race track Chris (who now has a name) thanks the Troopers for fixing his go kart, and races the bully, and beats him.

Zabitan 03/17/15 01:16 AM

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was another weird one for me because it was another one that was good but seemed like it could have been better.

I liked the whole plot about Zelton having the powers of all the previous mutants.

I also liked the civilian plot with the Troopers helping Chris fix his go kart.

My only problem was the sub plot of JB, and Kaitlin getting trapped in the cave since it existed solely to get JB, and Kaitlin out of Trooper mode in this episode.

And even then I think that's because I thought the stuff with Chris was enough in fact I wish there was more of it.

And because they used Spielban footage anyway for the Battle Cruiser.

I think the simple solution was simply have Chris get kidnapped but instead of blowing up the cave to destroy JB, and Kaitlin they either have another base in it, or it's just where Grimlord is keeping Chris hostage.

I also wish they kept in the part from the Metalder episode where Zelton's counterpart used his gun hand, and also the part where he transforms into Polarbot's counterpart.

Everything else I'm not sure about.

For starters in the Metalder episode this was based on their was a female robot called Lortail who appeared in VR Troopers but was never given a name or officially made a MOTD in Metalder so she wasn't used.

Long story short though in Metalder she had a romance with Zelton's counterpart, and was the reason he could transform into previous robots.

I'm also tempted to wish they had the clip from the Metalder episode they used in Field Goal.

Like maybe they had the fight from the Metalder episode they used in Field Goal for the beginning of the episode and then have the Metalder footage with Zelton, and Lortail's counterpart, and finally the big battle at the end.

Also normally I would complain about Zelton's counterpart's big fight being used in a regular episode but at the same time we're so late in the season that I can accept that this is when they would start killing off the more main villains of the show especially considering we're only 10 more episodes away from when the show stopped using footage from Metalder.

Only 4 more episodes until the Season One finale

Zabitan 03/17/15 10:54 PM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Fiddler on the Loose written by Douglas Sloan and directed by Robert Hughes.

So we start off with today's "my dad taught me" moment where Ryan once again talks about how his dad taught him that every little thing we do to help the environment can make a difference.

Then at Tao dojo Kaitlin's Irish cousin Keith, and his band The Young Dubliners are playing music to get ready for an environmental benefit concert at the dojo.

Then Keith gives a speech about toxic waste dumping which Ziktor sees on the news so he transforms into Grimlord, and orders his mutants to stop the benefit concert.

Then we see the Troopers, and The Young Dubliners at a rodeo because Keith wanted to see something American, and Keith is especially entertained by the rodeo clowns, and after the rodeo we get a comedy bit where Percy shows up in stereotypical rock star gear, and wants to join the band.

At the Virtual Dungeon Grimlord himself is working on his newest mutant that is currently just a half finished skeleton but has the name Fiddlebot, and just needs Keith to be completed.

Back at the rodeo the Troopers, and The Young Dubliners are still enjoying themselves when a couple of rodeo clowns show up, and turn into an army of Skugs.

The Skugs try to kick the Troopers but the Troopers punch, kick, and throw the Skugs while Keith watches then the Troopers keep fighting the Skugs while two Skugs take Keith, and when the Troopers destroy the Skugs they realize they can't find Keith.

Keith then appears in the Virtual Dungeon trapped in a force field, and Grimlord explains that he's going to trap Keith in a music synthesizer, and implant it in Fiddlebot.

Then Grimlord shoots Keith with a red laser that traps him in the synthesizer, uses another red laser to put the synthesizer into Fiddlebot, and a final red laser into a machine that shoots rainbow colored lasers that gives silver armor to Fiddlebot who now complete plays music for Grimlord.

Zabitan 03/17/15 10:55 PM

At Tao dojo Ryan is still looking for Keith when the Professor contacts him on his communicator, and tells him that a mutant is invading reality so Ryan transforms to stop it.

Fiddlebot plays music that freezes Ryan's circuits so he can't move but he breaks free, and kicks Fiddlebot but it doesn't work so Ryan tries punching him but it doesn't work either.

Then Fiddlebot uses his fiddle string as a weapon to slash at Ryan, uses his fiddle as a shield when Ryan tries to punch him, and shoots yellow music note shaped lasers at Ryan.

Then Fiddlebot plays more music so Ryan summons the Turbo Cycle, and retreats while Air Striker shows it to Grimlord who is glad since it means Fiddlebot is working.

At the lab Ryan is surprised to learn that Kaitlin is actually glad he didn't destroy Fiddlebot, and JB, and the Professor explain that Fiddlebot is Keith, then JB suggests taking the synthesizer from Fiddlebot so they can return Keith to normal.

Just then the reality break alarm goes off, and the Professor tells the Troopers that Fiddlebot is back, and he's brought an army of Skugs so the Troopers transform.

Fiddlebot slashes Ryan with his fiddle string, and blasts him with music note laser while JB, and Kaitlin fight Skugs by shooting lasers at them.

Then Fiddlebot comes after Ryan with his string then plays more music, fires roses that turn out to be bombs that explode, then Fiddlebot fires lasers, then comes after Ryan with his string, and hits him, and then plays more music.
Skugs attack JB with axes, and sparklers while Kaitlin fires lasers, and JB destroys the Skugs with Laser Lance.

Fiddlebot hits Ryan with his string, and plays more music so the Professor suggests using Lighting Hand so Ryan does it, and he slashes Fiddlebot, and takes the synthesizer which deactivates Fiddlebot.

Then the Professor returns Keith to normal, and Ryan reminds him of the concert so he returns to the dojo.

At the Virtual Dungeon we get a funny bit where Decimator unintentionally criticizes Grimlord who just swears vengeance on the Troopers.

At Tao dojo The Young Dubliners are getting ready to play when we get one last comedy bit with Percy still trying to join the band, and getting electrocuted.

Then the Young Dubliners start their concert, and it's a success.