Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Sentai footage and PR footage model differences (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8502)

ReddyRedWolf 11/17/16 12:21 AM

Sentai footage and PR footage model differences

Compare and contrast Zords. Sentai model versions and PR model version.

Zeo

They gave CG Pyramidas a red top

Turbo

Greebles on the Movie version and of course real cars.
Space

Difference between Sentai footage and PR footage is that whenever the Megaship is on screen in Megaranger it had the fin from the shuttle, the PR model covers the hole so no fin. As for the Death Neziros and Dark Fortress different top and bottom structures.

SnoopsWarner 11/17/16 12:21 AM

Re: Sentai footage and PR footage model differences

I can't believe you left out the toy comparisons. Toys were used as filming models on various occasions from S2-S4.

Mythdon 11/17/16 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sadsmileyface (Post 72477)
I can't believe you left out the toy comparisons. Toys were used as filming models on various occasions from S2-S4.

Such as the Ninja and Shogun Ultrazord's, although that was exclusive to Power Rangers, since they was using Bandai American toys of Titanus since he didn't appear in Kakuranger.

ReddyRedWolf 11/17/16 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sadsmileyface (Post 72477)

I forgot how much was the image limit so I put it under 10 images.
Serpentera

Ah yes the Serpentera. you can really see the difference in the models.

Dinocharge

As you notice the PR footage doesn't have a fin for T-Rex.

MMPR Season 3

There are no Ninja Ultrazord or Shogun Ultrazord in the original Sentai footage. They used toys for the PR footage. You'd notice the Bear zord not having the grill in it mouth. The White Shogun Zord is now the Pink Shogun Zord. The Shogun Megazord having lightning bolts on the shoulder and a Z bolt on the chest instead of kanji and fish.

Repaints

White Tiger Spirit from Jungle Fury and Doomsday Machine from RPM.

Kakuranger Daishogun vs Movie Falcon Ninja Megazord

Where they made Daishogun a bruiser the PR movie Megazord was lanky and has no face.

Megaforce

Basco's Free Joker is a customized Zangyack ship where as Orion's Armada ship is just painted red and smaller.

RitoRevolto 11/17/16 12:21 AM

The Ninja and Shogun ultrazords were atrocious. It's hard to tell because these things go so fast, but they used toys in the Thunderzord calls, the transformations were original footage.

Serpentera did have a real scale problem in Wild Force, but keep in mind they were forced to use Disney's CG team.

There have been times, though, that PR has gotten the actual suits, like the Thunder Megazord, Tigerzord Battle Mode, Shogunzords, Mega Winger, Astro, all the LG hardware, Omega, Q-Rex, Mode Blue, SWAT.

Thing is, most of the time, these battles are mostly re-cut stock footage because these things are simply hard to shoot. Endings, the fight was mostly slightly modified stock footage. Ninja Quest Part 1, the fight was mostly Kaku, Zyu2 and Dairanger except for the shots they couldn't get anywhere else.

I can think of just a few times we've actually gotten truly original full zord fights, either by necessity or otherwise, not to say there weren't other scenes of consequence PR improvised. We've seen a lot of decent CG and other shots in Dino Charge.

Ankh Primo 11/17/16 12:21 AM

Fucked-up American Klank costume.

/thread

The Golden Witch 11/20/16 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ankh Primo (Post 72481)
Fucked-up American Klank costume.

/thread

Woah woah woah, this is the first I heard of this. What was wrong with the American Klank costume?

KCJ506 11/20/16 12:21 AM

There's Elgar's appearance which depended on whether he appeared in US footage or Carranger footage. For Turbo the costume was modified a bit which made him more goofy looking, but whenever Carranger footage of him was used, he looked more menacing.

IMTIRED 11/20/16 12:21 AM

The Carranger Rygog is a lot more intense looking than the US version too. I always assumed ours were made for the movie. The Elgar and Rygog masks seemed to have some articulation in them at some points, rather than the totally static Japanese versions. It was quite a jarring difference when the footage flipped between the two, but Power Rangers Turbo was messy like that.

Ankh Primo 11/20/16 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Golden Witch (Post 72482)
What was wrong with the American Klank costume?

His face looked like it was squished or something.

And I'm not sure if this had to do with the quality of the Ohranger footage, but even the American version's red coloring seemed too bright.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJ506 (Post 72483)
For Turbo the costume was modified a bit which made him more goofy looking, but whenever Carranger footage of him was used, he looked more menacing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMTIRED (Post 72484)
The Carranger Rygog is a lot more intense looking than the US version too.

Even the Porto costume was somewhat different. Not nearly as noticeable, but different.