Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Turtles and Space (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6667)

Samurai Forever 04/18/15 12:12 PM

Turtles and Space

I never got this team up. Is it supposed to be the Turtles from Next Mutation or a new group? Why did the Rangers and Turtles not know of each other? How did Astronema know about them?

Green With Envy 04/18/15 12:18 PM

Re: Turtles and Space

I remember watching this episode when I was a little kid. I didn't know what the heck was going on! But it was fun and exciting. They even included Venus. Plus the Rangers took the Turtles for a ride on the Galaxy Gliders. What a cool visual.

MattEmily 04/18/15 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai Forever (Post 54269)
I never got this team up. Is it supposed to be the Turtles from Next Mutation or a new group? Why did the Rangers and Turtles not know of each other? How did Astronema know about them?

it was supposed to be the ones from The Next Mutation but because of various issues involved the writer(s) opted to change their personalities.

In the case of the Turtles and Rangers the Turtles are the ones that thought the Rangers were just pretend the Rangers never thought that about them.

Astronema has probably been around acting as a villain for awhile so it's likely either she spotted the Turtles at some point or one of her spies did.

Massive Ego 04/18/15 08:40 PM

I hated The Next Mutation. But i suppose they had to use Venus to have five Turtles vs five Rangers.

Astronema 04/18/15 08:54 PM

Remember Astronema's awkward line about the Megaship being so clean?

Starlight Starbrite 04/19/15 10:38 AM

The team up didn't neccessarly fit. But it was harmless. It was pretty funny how.they reprogrammed Deca. Plus how the two teams interacted with each other.

I noticed the akwardness of the line too Astronema. Its good Perkins quickly grew into the role after that.

Everyone Loves Rocky 04/19/15 11:02 AM

I liked the team up. It was a fun comedy episode witth some good action. Plus two of my favorite superhero teams got to interact. I really like how Venus was added to the Saban Series. So I am glad Space kept her around.

The Ghost Ranger 04/20/15 01:24 AM

The answer: To sell toys. Space and Next Mutation came out at around the same time, if I remember correctly, or maybe TNM came out a bit before?

Anyways. TMNT and PR were and still are HUGELY popular franchises. Imagine a kid seeing the crossover and going to the store later, seeing both Space and TMNT toys, going "Mommy mommy! I want these toys! They're cool!"

Massive Ego 04/22/15 11:33 AM

I never really saw a fit with the two franchises together. It was one of my least favorite Space Episodes. But Space was so good the episode doesn't bother me. If they made something like it now, I would hate it..

MMPR Forever 04/22/15 11:34 AM

I am a huge Turtles fan. And this episode was so fun that its one of the few post MMPR episodes that I like.